Accidental hand injury - regeneration advice needed - graphic

Nick Ireland

This injury happened two days ago to my friend and fellow veteran, Brad. No surgery required but doc says it will not grow back fully. I wouldn't necessarily agree if the right nutrition is applied physically and internally - and we've seen some great recoveries on here.

Ive sent him some key Peat recommendations. Any comments welcome. Right now the pain is the biggest issue and the prescribed Brufen are likely not the best choice...

Thanks

Nick

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 491

burtlancast

Topical DMSO and Vit E all the way.
The sooner the better.
It will speed up regeneration and cut the pain.

Maybe too some organic silica.

How did it happen ?

squanch

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/re ... tion.shtml

The regeneration of finger tips, including a well-formed nail if some of the base remained, will occur if the wounded end of the finger is kept enclosed, for example by putting a metal or plastic tube over the finger. The humidity keeps the wound from forming a dry scab, and the cells near the surface will consume oxygen and produce carbon dioxide, keeping the ratio of carbon dioxide to oxygen much higher than in normal uninjured tissue.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/ad ... ance.shtml

"Stem" cells turn out to be ubiquitous, and the failure of regeneration and restoration seems to be situational. In the 1950s a magazine article described the regeneration of a finger-tip when the wound was kept enclosed. Decades later, friends (one a child, the other a man in his forties) had accidental amputations of a finger-tip, down to the cuticle so that no visible nail remained. The boy's mother fitted his finger with the tube from a ballpoint pen, and the man used an aluminum cigar tube as his "bandage." Within a few weeks, their fingers had regenerated to their normal shape and length. I think the closed environment allows the healing tissues to be exposed to a high concentration of carbon dioxide, in equilibrium with the carbon dioxide in the capillaries, and to a humid atmosphere, regulated by the osmotic or vapor pressure of the living tissues.

about the pain:
Ray did talk about procaine being a safe alternative to opiates. I do not know if it would make sense in this situation.
Using some aspirin would probably be helpful.

Good luck to your friend

OP
N

Nick Ireland

Thanks Burt

I recommended the E already - good to get a confirmation on that.
It's a work injury - I'll get some details. I suggested niacinamide with its benzo like qualities to manage pain and perhaps phasing the Brufen to aspirin as its no longer a bleed issue. I know brufen is no friend of fhe gut!
The great thing is that all these pro Peat supps are so accessible and inexpensive in the US.

burtlancast

Nick Ireland said:
It's a work injury - I'll get some details. I suggested niacinamide with its benzo like qualities to manage pain .

The DMSO will take care of the pain, while keeping the micro circulation open.
But i think too Skally's awesome Peat quotes need to be taken seriously.

tara

If it were me, in addition to ideas above, I would try putting it in a plastic bag of CO2. If it feels OK and seems to help rather than aggravate it, keep it in there for extended periods, eg while sleeping.
You'd need a tank of gas and a valve you can regulate by hand or other means, some clean plastic bags, and some tape to seal round wrist.
The trouble is the tanks are expensive. If it works it'd be well worth it. But if you can find a way to test it out first without such a big outlay, that'd be good, I suppose. If you have a source o dry ice locally, that might make testing more affordable.
I have not tried it on open wounds myself yet, but based on Peat's article quoted above, I think it would be worth a go. I've used it on minor injuries and burns, I think to good effect.

OP
N

Nick Ireland

Hey Burt

DMSO is something I never really looked into, bar some casual observations re chelation. I will check it out now and pass this on to Brad :):

Tara

I think those canisters of Co2 gas for paintball and airsoft might do the trick? There are valves that can be attached to the canisters for flow control. I remember a Peater using this stuff to work into his weight training sessions!

Skominac

I was wondering about the cigar tube myself :): As long as its not a Monte Cristo!

My friend was told by his docs NOT to put anything on the wound and just let the air at it. Clearly, they haven't been party to these novel (and frankly logical) post treatment options.

tara

I'm no expert on DMSO, but from what I have read online I think caution is required with it if there is exposure to any poisons, critical medications, etc, because it can make things enter and flow through the system more easily. If the person is not on medication and is in a clean environment, then it might well be really helpful.

Yes, those paintball CO2 cannisters may be ideal - though I haven't used (or even seen) one myself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom