Why is my instinct anti-carb (and even anti-peat ?) ?

Keto and low carb diets do a lot more than address weight loss. People like myself who have never been even slightly overweight at any point in their life can still see huge benefits from dropping sugar and carbs.
I tried it for awhile because my parent did it for decades, and my muscles ached so unbearably that I had to stop. My parents only got fatter and fatter ever decade doing it. I presently have a family member that has been doing it for 13 years now and she always loses the weight, but every time she takes a break she gets just as fat again, really quickly too. I think when you do keto your body adapts to it, and it really needs to be a forever life style to keep the weight from fluctuating so extremely. The hair and skin really suffers too. The people I spoke of had aged skin after too many years of it.

RollingStone

Did the keto help any with digestion?

I'm about to try carnivore I guess. No carbs aside from fruit juice digest for me, but drinking fruit juice sends me on an annoying blood sugar roller coaster. It's not feasible.
Going full carnivore improved my digestion, coming from eating a ton of salads and broccoli and stuff and some starch. I've done keto on and off for many years but I was off for a while recently, eating a starchy meal almost once per day (still most meals were just fat and protein) and a lot (and I mean a LOT) of vegetables when I noticed my digestion getting worse. Since going carnivore, I have not had any problems whatsoever.

RollingStone

I tried it for awhile because my parent did it for decades, and my muscles ached so unbearably that I had to stop. My parents only got fatter and fatter ever decade doing it. I presently have a family member that has been doing it for 13 years now and she always loses the weight, but every time she takes a break she gets just as fat again, really quickly too. I think when you do keto your body adapts to it, and it really needs to be a forever life style to keep the weight from fluctuating so extremely. The hair and skin really suffers too. The people I spoke of had aged skin after too many years of it.

One's weight just naturally moves to where it should be on a proper keto or animal-based diet by simply eating to satiety and going by hunger. It makes sense that one would regain weight if they were overweight before when they started eating addictive stuff again because they are probably moving back into their old patterns and way of doing things.

It is much harder for a lot of people to regulate their weight when eating carbs because carbs mess with the hunger signaling. You just want to eat more and more of it. You eat it to raise blood sugar. You eat it to feel comforted. You eat it because you're bored or feel bad. You eat it because of some kind of trigger. Managing weight this way can be like a battle of willpower where you must constantly deny cravings.

If ones gets fatter and fatter on a keto diet, they are almost certainly eating 'keto snacks' and stuff and not a proper animal-based diet. Find me someone who became obese eating steak and butter, maybe some broccoli.

I think a lot of the people with hair and skin issues are usually the people who are doing things like a lot of restriction and fasting trying to get real lean and they're kicking up stress hormones, stealing collagen, etc. Also anyone who loses weight quickly will pretty much experience some hair loss (and a lot of people that go keto/carni do lose weight) but that should level out and return to normal/regrow when weight stabilizes at healthy spot.

Nomane Euger

One's weight just naturally moves to where it should be on a proper keto or animal-based diet by simply eating to satiety and going by hunger. It makes sense that one would regain weight if they were overweight before when they started eating addictive stuff again because they are probably moving back into their old patterns and way of doing things.

It is much harder for a lot of people to regulate their weight when eating carbs because carbs mess with the hunger signaling. You just want to eat more and more of it. You eat it to raise blood sugar. You eat it to feel comforted. You eat it because you're bored or feel bad. You eat it because of some kind of trigger. Managing weight this way can be like a battle of willpower where you must constantly deny cravings.

If ones gets fatter and fatter on a keto diet, they are almost certainly eating 'keto snacks' and stuff and not a proper animal-based diet. Find me someone who became obese eating steak and butter, maybe some broccoli.

I think a lot of the people with hair and skin issues are usually the people who are doing things like a lot of restriction and fasting trying to get real lean and they're kicking up stress hormones, stealing collagen, etc.
you do not necessary gain more weight on high carbs vs high fat diet,thats a myth,and it can be the contrary.all the reasons you mentionned that we eat carbs for,you purposed them as unlegit reasons,when eating to feel better is the most legit reason to eat,and certains sources of carbs very will likely make most peoples feel better than any high fat low carb foods.i have personally lost fat while eating every 1hours/2hours honey and fruits or coconut water,from 500grammes to a kilo of honey a day,and from 1kilos up to 10 kilos of ripe fruits a day,i lost fat eating this way

I think a lot of the people with hair and skin issues are usually the people who are doing things like a lot of restriction and fasting trying to get real lean and they're kicking up stress hormones, stealing collagen, etc. Also anyone who loses weight quickly will pretty much experience some hair loss (and a lot of people that go keto/carni do lose weight) but that should level out and return to normal/regrow when weight stabilizes at healthy spot.
The 3 people I am referring to don’t get fatter on the diet they get fat going off trying to eat normal foods, and then they gain the weight back quickly. It is not true that carbs make you fat, it is starches and fats that make a person fat.

You are talking about the “grain brain” here not sugars. I don’t having cravings for sugary things when I am grain free, but as soon as I start my day with a croissant or other “breadly” things I crave more of them all day. On keto I was sick of meat and eggs pretty quickly, although it was fun peeing on the sticks to see if I was in “ketosis”, on a starch-free “Peaty” diet I don’t crave anything and I don’t get blood sugar hunger, headaches or sleepiness, just pure energy. You should try it sometime.

I agree with you here on the hair thinning and falling out doing keto AND fat restricting. I recommended adding in fats and berries to keto people to stop the hair loss and it helped, but not the skin aging. Keto is way too high in phosphorus and tryptophan and it ages the skin stunningly fast. How long have you been doing it?

RollingStone

you do not necessary gain more weight on high carbs vs high fat diet,thats a myth,and it can be the contrary.all the reasons you mentionned that we eat carbs for,you purposed them as unlegit reasons,when eating to feel better is the most legit reason to eat,and certains sources of carbs very will likely make most peoples feel better than any high fat low carb foods.i have personally lost fat while eating every 1hours/2hours honey and fruits or coconut water,from 500grammes to a kilo of honey a day,and from 1kilos up to 10 kilos of ripe fruits a day,i lost fat eating this way
I'm not talking about eating to feel good as in feeling decent and healthy, I'm talking about eating to feel better in the immediate short-term - to get high on neurochemicals.

Nomane Euger

I'm not talking about eating to feel good as in feeling decent and healthy, I'm talking about eating to feel better in the immediate short-term - to get high on neurochemicals.
okay,do you think that these 2 are necessary separated,or both can be provide by the same food?

RollingStone

The 3 people I am referring to don’t get fatter on the diet they get fat going off trying to eat normal foods, and then they gain the weight back quickly. It is not true that carbs make you fat, it is starches and fats that make a person fat.
Like I said, "It makes sense that one would regain weight if they were overweight before when they started eating addictive stuff again because they are probably moving back into their old patterns and way of doing things.

Fats you say do not make one fat, but starches and fats together do make one fat. . . So if you add the starch it makes one fat. You can't eliminate fat. It's essential to our biology. There is no need for dietary starch or carbs however. So if it's both together that makes one fat, and one or the other should be chosen, then it's the unnecessary carbs and not the absolutely necessary fat that one would want to eliminate.

One could separate their meals into fat/protein and carbs/protein to avoid getting both at the same time and still get their necessary fats, but then one is subject to the large insulin and blood sugar spikes and associated issues of large amounts of unbuffered sugar. If you eat like this, I'd be curious to know how many meals per day you eat? Are you waking up in the middle of the night hungry as well? Hungry upon waking? Hypoglycemia when you don't get food for many hours?

I had a friend in college who would sleep walk to the fridge to grab cake or whatever was sweet and eat it and just go back to bed. He wouldn't respond to you and didn't remember it in the morning. He might've had a yeast overgrowth or something, but he needed that sugar!

Last edited:

RollingStone

okay,do you think that these 2 are necessary separated,or both can be provide by the same food?
I'm talking about the difference between feeling good because of being in a generally healthy state and feeling pleasure, something more akin to what a cigarette smoker feels after he takes a puff.

P

pineywoodrooter

Like I said, "It makes sense that one would regain weight if they were overweight before when they started eating addictive stuff again because they are probably moving back into their old patterns and way of doing things.

Fats you say do not make one fat, but starches and fats together do make one fat. . . So if you add the starch it makes one fat. You can't eliminate fat. It's essential to our biology. There is no need for dietary starch or carbs however. So if it's both together that makes one fat, and one or the other should be chosen, then it's the unnecessary carbs and not the absolutely necessary fat that one would want to eliminate.

One could separate their meals into fat/protein and carbs/protein to avoid getting both at the same time and still get their necessary fats, but then one is subject to the large insulin and blood sugar spikes and associated issues of large amounts of unbuffered sugar. If you eat like this, I'd be curious to know how many meals per day you eat? Are you waking up in the middle of the night hungry as well? Hungry upon waking? Hypoglycemia when you don't get food for many hours?

That's what happened to me on high sugar. A blood sugar roller coaster regardless of protein intake.

RollingStone

I agree with you here on the hair thinning and falling out doing keto AND fat restricting. I recommended adding in fats and berries to keto people to stop the hair loss and it helped, but not the skin aging. Keto is way too high in phosphorus and tryptophan and it ages the skin stunningly fast. How long have you been doing it?
It's simply not keto if one is fat restricting. That's just short-term starvation really. Hair loss should usually stop if weight loss stops. I've been doing it for a little over a decade, though I've done a lot of different experiments with starch cycling like weekend loads, one starch meal a day, etc.

It's simply not keto if one is fat restricting. That's just short-term starvation really. Hair loss should usually stop if weight loss stops. I've been doing it for a little over a decade, though I've done a lot of different experiments with starch cycling like weekend loads, one starch meal a day, etc.
Yeah starch is not good for anything, but survival and indulgences.

RollingStone

Yeah starch is not good for anything, but survival and indulgences.
Yeah, starch has never treated me well, but the glucose always made me feel very full (muscularly) and strong in workouts so I was always trying to play with how much I could use to tread a line between feeling my best and keeping muscle glycogen high.

I'm realizing though that you don't really need to eat carbs to perform or have sufficient muscle glycogen. There is an adaptation though that can take a while where people will feel weak (especially in more glycolytic exercise) on low-carbs.

After opening to some of the ideas on this forum and Paul Saladino, I experimented with some fruit and honey, but found no benefit and started to really crave and think about honey all the time, so I stopped.

Last edited:
Yeah, starch has never treated me well, but the glucose always made me feel very full (muscularly) and strong in workouts so I was always trying to play with how much I could use to tread a line between feeling my best and keeping muscle glycogen high.

I'm realizing though that you don't really need to eat carbs to perform or have sufficient muscle glycogen. There is an adaptation though that can take a while where people will feel weak (especially in more glycolytic exercise) on low-carbs.

After opening to some of the ideas on this forum and Paul Saladino, I experimented with some fruit and honey, but found no benefit and started to really crave and think about honey all the time, so I stopped.
My muscles couldn’t take all that protein and my sleep was horrible without some carbs. I always enjoyed starches over sugars, but the opposite makes me feel good. I just readied myself some raw honey fruit water for later today. The store bought flavored waters are so awful and provide nothing. Our food chain us a joke.

Attachments

• 09099435-905A-489D-8119-12243DCD5963.jpeg
    09099435-905A-489D-8119-12243DCD5963.jpeg
    491.2 KB · Views: 29
  • EB0FBA0F-26CB-4248-8AF9-A39A6962EB81.jpeg
    EB0FBA0F-26CB-4248-8AF9-A39A6962EB81.jpeg
    419.8 KB · Views: 27
OP
DDRB

DDRB

My muscles couldn’t take all that protein and my sleep was horrible without some carbs. I always enjoyed starches over sugars, but the opposite makes me feel good. I just readied myself some raw honey fruit water for later today. The store bought flavored waters are so awful and provide nothing. Our food chain us a joke.
why not mix everything like a smoothie, it would be tastier?
Are you looking to limit fiber?

why not mix everything like a smoothie, it would be tastier?
Are you looking to limit fiber?
Because I don’t want the fiber and seeds for “Peaty” reasons and smoothies are too filling and bloating. I like to stay trim and light on my feet :)

artist

Listen to your body, as long as you’re eating nutritious real food what’s the problem? As someone who came to all this stuff from being sick since age 12 I cannot for the life of me figure out why healthy people want to do experimental diets and risk messing with perfection.

Listen to your body, as long as you’re eating nutritious real food what’s the problem? As someone who came to all this stuff from being sick since age 12 I cannot for the life of me figure out why healthy people want to do experimental diets and risk messing with perfection.
They go on experimental diets to lose the fat they gained from their parents feeding them crappy food.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals