Why Does My Methyl B Complex Cause Anxiety?

Beatrix_

IMHO and experience, one's metabolism has its own rhythm to activate vitamins. Taking them in methylated form bypasses the metabolism and one's capacity of degrading the byproducts (e.g., serotonin).

Morten

Forum Supporter
This was my last cellular blood test reading. Since then, ive been using a methylated b complex to help raise my levels. Most seem on the low end
Why does it say "borderline", in some of the lines in your blood test. Does it simple mean on the edge? Borderline is a name of a disease in Denmark....where I live.

Candeias

Creatine would speed up COMT. When Creatine is synthesized methylfolate is being spent. If you ingest Creatine, your body doesn't need to make it. Therefore, you are left with more methylfolate which then your COMT uses. Theoretically.
In practice I don't know how does all that play out.
I am taking Creatine cause of MTHFR mutation and it doesn't affect my dopamine. It improves my strength. I would recommend taking it.

How much you take?

OP
M

mgrabs

Why does it say "borderline", in some of the lines in your blood test. Does it simple mean on the edge? Borderline is a name of a disease in Denmark....where I live.
It means borderline deficient i would think

youngsinatra

Hey off topic real quick, my new set of bloods came back on thyroid. Upped the dose to 1.5 grains since last months test. TSH went from 3.7 only to 3.5. Still seems like not enough? I figured id at least be in the 2s by now. T4 dropped from 1.2 to 0.9. T3 went from 3.0 to 3.3. And reverse T3 dropped from 12 to 8. Thoughts?
Interesting, I’d suspect some potency issue with the thyroid you are using. What thyroid product are you using?

youngsinatra

NP thyroid. Starting 2 grains as we speak
Okay. I usually see pretty quickly lowered TSH (sometimes close to suppressed) in people using NDT. Have you talked to your doctor about the option of switching to synthetic?

youngsinatra

I‘d split dose, 2 x 1 grain a day, one in the morning, one approximately 10-12h later.

OP
M

mgrabs

Okay. I usually see pretty quickly lowered TSH (sometimes close to suppressed) in people using NDT. Have you talked to your doctor about the option of switching to synthetic?
I have not yet, and my doc has been adament with no splitting doses that it should be taken once in morning.

And that if it doesn’t work correctly that its an adrenal issue or a potential iodine deficiency causing it to not convert properly. So I’m not too sure what to do. Is 2 grains really that bad at once?

youngsinatra

I have not yet, and my doc has been adament with no splitting doses that it should be taken once in morning.

And that if it doesn’t work correctly that its an adrenal issue or a potential iodine deficiency causing it to not convert properly. So I’m not too sure what to do. Is 2 grains really that bad at once?
Even if there would be an adrenal issue, the free T4 would still go up and TSH would still go down. There would be likely elevated RT3 instead of fT3 but that’s clearly not happening to you.

Seems like you malabsorb the NDT (T4 component) to me, as free T4 dropped and reverse T3 too.

@FitnessMike also struggles to keep his T4 up iirc with NDT.

youngsinatra

Most people I know that work with NDT recommend NDT twice a day, because of T3s relatively short half life.

You can take thyroid on an empty stomach later in the day aswell if that is the concern. I think 4h after a meal is considered on an empty stomach again.

OP
M

mgrabs

Most people I know that work with NDT recommend NDT twice a day, because of T3s relatively short half life.

You can take thyroid on an empty stomach later in the day aswell if that is the concern. I think 4h after a meal is considered on an empty stomach again.
I wonder if they should give me extra t4 on top of this. I have a feeling shes gonna say to take iodine to help make t4

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals