Which Tooth Fillings Are Safe?

x-ray peat

Some composites arent so great either. Apparently there is a type from Germany that is the best.

biggirlkisss

ask dentist for filling materials used to make them and email them to you. bpa free is one but also flouride free is a lesser thing you should look at. Best to brush more often less stress. Although I do like an excuse to use lidocaine!

Dan W

I get the impression the alternative dentistry world uses glass ionomer, porcelain, and gold to avoid BPA/mercury. Though your options probably depend on the location/severity of the cavity.

Bisphenol A Release: Survey of the Composition of Dental Composite Resins
So 3M Filtek Silorane seems like a good choice for composites, I guess? Their guide makes me think it's only meant for back teeth though.

TreasureVibe

Fascinating how in 2018 we still don't have a filling suitable for every tooth that is toxic free, or atleast not as clear marketed as such right now.

x-ray peat

Fascinating how in 2018 we still don't have a filling suitable for every tooth that is toxic free, or atleast not as clear marketed as such right now.
You could say the same about our food and water as well. Could they be doing this on purpose?/s

Curious coincidence that every hormone disrupting chemical is estrogenic and none are androgenic.

Dave Clark

Some dentists are now using ceramic fillings. Don't know much about them, but generally speaking ceramic is safe, not sure how well it holds up. Maybe worth looking into.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals