Looking For A Safe Disinfect

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
Too hazardous for health imo so I wouldn't use that. What you're looking for is a high concentrated alcohol solution.

Alright thanks man. I just have to find a way to avoid absorption of alcohol on the skin. If you have any ideas let me know.

squanch

I use oregano oil for more serious infection. It's a very strong antimicrobial, effective against most bacteria and fungi. Probably the strongest common essential oil actually. I've had a persistent fungal infection on my skin a few months back, just one application of oregano oil killed it completely. It does burn and irritate the skin a little bit though, I would only use it for more serious infections.

For general wound disinfection I use a propolis tincture. As an added benefit it also forms a thin protective layer on the wound when it dries.

Dave Clark

I work at at wastewater treatment plant (aka sewer plant), and we routinely spray our equipment down with alcohol, iodine, and H2O2. I have never ween a problem vis a vis electrical devices, etc. Regarding essential oils, I have seen petri dish studies showing the disinfection properties of lemongrass oil.

tara

I don't know how your trimmers work, but do the blades separate from the electrics? If so, boiling water or steam should kill any thing fairly quickly. As Richard says above, alcohol sounds good too - it evaporates, so if you have a little time between uses, it will be gone. Or wipe off any excess?

OP
KnowledgeSeeker
I don't know how your trimmers work, but do the blades separate from the electrics? If so, boiling water or steam should kill any thing fairly quickly. As Richard says above, alcohol sounds good too - it evaporates, so if you have a little time between uses, it will be gone. Or wipe off any excess?

Sadly they can't come in contact with water. However I'll try out the alcohol one. How long does it take ca. to evaporate? And does wiping it off gets rid off it completely?

Thank you.

tara

Sadly they can't come in contact with water. However I'll try out the alcohol one. How long does it take ca. to evaporate? And does wiping it off gets rid off it completely?
I am not an expert on this, so you might want to get more expert confirmation, but I would expect that if you dunk in or wipe with strong alcohol that should be pretty effective against most pathogens, and if you wipe the alcohol off, any residue would probably evaporate pretty quickly?

smith

Direct or reflected sunlight
as opposed to moonlight which speeds up the growth of bacteria and parasites

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals