What Would You Suggest For BPH Prostate Trouble?

fradon

For people who have to get up and pee a lot, who can't empty their bladder, etc.

Thanks!
CENTO tomato paste, ginger powder, and cayenne pepper this has helped my urine flow.

perhaps lower protein as i read high protein creates high methione which can create cancer. the article said that replacing meat with pinto beans can help as a person gets older.

LCohen

• Salt,
  • Zinc,
  • DHT, (Even Proviron can be helpful)
  • Androgens that don't aromatase,
  • Anything that decreases estradiol,
  • Some alpha blockers
BPH is also associated with norepinephrine. Norepinephrine has vasoconstriction effect on prostate. Prostate aimed alpha blockers can be useful..

B

Braveheart

Finally bit the bullet and did my PSA...last time was long ago? and it was rising fast, but was still in range for a guy in his 70's...7-11 ng/ml...even though it was rising, I had no more symptoms and I had other problems to deal with. I was at the time taking Artemisinin for leukemia, it also being effective against prostate cancer so along w nettle and everything Peat I felt I was doing all I could do, and as I said all BPH symptoms were gone. Still I was afraid to do test until today...test came in at 5.10 which is below normal range acceptable for a 73 year old...relief!!...party tonight!

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
.test came in at 5.10 which is below normal range acceptable for a 73 year old...relief!!...party tonight!
:woo :grouphug2 Mr. bzmazu, fantastic news!

Obi-wan

:)::)::):
Finally bit the bullet and did my PSA...last time was long ago? and it was rising fast, but was still in range for a guy in his 70's...7-11 ng/ml...even though it was rising, I had no more symptoms and I had other problems to deal with. I was at the time taking Artemisinin for leukemia, it also being effective against prostate cancer so along w nettle and everything Peat I felt I was doing all I could do, and as I said all BPH symptoms were gone. Still I was afraid to do test until today...test came in at 5.10 which is below normal range acceptable for a 73 year old...relief!!...party tonight!

Nice Mr. John!!!

Wagner83

Thanks, what was the dose of artemisinin?

B

Braveheart

Thanks, what was the dose of artemisinin?
The normal dose, (2caps) 200 mg, in the evening, 4 days on 3 off...some time ago I started to include Artemisia (leaf extract) 1 500mg cap in the am, same cycle...this was just "extra insurance"?
I am really curious if I could just get by using the Artemisia as it has been said it is possibly more effective than pure drug...it is certainly cheaper. This made me look at Artemisia Artemisia Annua, Artemisinin & 2015 Nobel Prize in Medicine – Mihaela Catalina Stanciu Foundation for Life

That whole article is very good...anyway for now I'll continue to do as I do...forever.

OP
ecstatichamster
@bzmazu would you mind telling us what your regime is or was like? Peat said you were doing all you could, what did that include

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
?? Peat didn't say anything...you want to know my weekly regimen ie. food/supplements?
I think a dedicated thread would be very helpful to others.

B

Braveheart

I think a dedicated thread would be very helpful to others.
About my health battles/successes, as possibly the oldest Peatnick on forum?...or just as related to this prostate thread? Got a title?...that might guide me as to what u want.?

B

Braveheart

Sorry, don't mean to be obtuse....just felt I covered it...Artemisinin and Peat guidelines re diet/supplements. Everyone adapts the diet to their particular needs, so no one way would be good for all. I mostly credit Art. w the health of my prostate. I added my info to the proper thread, no?

Obi-wan

Sorry, don't mean to be obtuse....just felt I covered it...Artemisinin and Peat guidelines re diet/supplements. Everyone adapts the diet to their particular needs, so no one way would be good for all. I mostly credit Art. w the health of my prostate. I added my info to the proper thread, no?
I have some ideas. On the beach now. Getting natural E to interact with the Vit E succinate which I just started taking

Last edited:
B

Braveheart

I have some ideas. On the beach now. Getting natural E to interact with the Vit E succitate which I just started taking
When it comes to prostate issues, you are the man I follow...who knows better than someone fighting tooth and nail for his life w this disease?! I know everything you research...food/supplements etc...is related to your condition...your recent threads on D have been invaluable to my own research. I was lucky to start on Art before my prostitute gland went wacko.. I think Art should be used as anti cancer prophylactic till day you die of whatever.

B

Braveheart

Whatever happened to Gilson Dantes from Brazil? He had it bad and seemed to be fighting for his life.

Peatfan19

For people who have to get up and pee a lot, who can't empty their bladder, etc.

Thanks!

A combination of nettle root and chamomille has played a key role in almost completely eliminating my problems with BPH.

I use ground nettle root and dried chamomille flowers, seeping it in boiling water for approximately 30-45 minutes, drinking three cups per day.

While the prostate-related benefits of nettle root are relatively widely known, maybe lesser known is the fact that the apigenin flavonoid in chamomille is a powerful anticarcinogenic which (inter alia) appears to play a role in inhibiting prostate cancer.

I initially had some concerns about the fact that apigenin is a flavonoid phytoestrogen, but in my understanding not all phytoestrogens are bad for men (from a testosterone perspective), with certain phytoestrogens having an anti-estrogenic effect.

[Estrogenic and antiestrogenic activities of flavonoid phytochemicals through estrogen receptor binding-dependent and -independent mechanisms. - PubMed - NCBI ("Estrogenic and antiestrogenic activities of flavonoid phytochemicals through estrogen receptor binding-dependent and -independent mechanisms.")]

I don't fully understand the mechanism (yet) but based on personal experience the combination of nettle root and chamomille appears to be a potent combination in addressing BPH-related problems, while I believe it may also have a role to play in the treatment of prostate cancer.

In treating BPH, it is also important to address digestion-related issues, especially constipation, which seems to exacerbate the symptoms of BPH.

Nettle root
:

The Efficacy of Stinging Nettle (Urtica Dioica) in Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Randomized Double-Blind Study in 100 Patients ("The Efficacy of Stinging Nettle (Urtica Dioica) in Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Randomized Double-Blind Studt in 100 Patients.")

Effects of stinging nettle root extracts and their steroidal components on the Na+,K(+)-ATPase of the benign prostatic hyperplasia. - PubMed - NCBI ("Effects of stinging nettle root extracts and their steroidal components on the Na+,K(+)-ATPase of the benign prostatic hyperplasia.")

Urtica dioica for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. - PubMed - NCBI ("Urtica dioica for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study.")

Antiproliferative effect on human prostate cancer cells by a stinging nettle root (Urtica dioica) extract. - PubMed - NCBI ("Antiproliferative effect on human prostate cancer cells by a stinging nettle root (Urtica dioica) extract.")

Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). - PubMed - NCBI ("Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).

Apigenin:

Role of Apigenin in Cancer Prevention via the Induction of Apoptosis and Autophagy ("Role of Apigenin in Cancer Prevention via the Induction of Apoptosis and Autophagy.")

Apigenin-induced prostate cancer cell death is initiated by reactive oxygen species and p53 activation ("Apigenin-induced prostate cancer cell death is initiated by reactive oxygen species and p53 activation.")

Apigenin inhibits prostate cancer progression in TRAMP mice via targeting PI3K/Akt/FoxO pathway | Carcinogenesis | Oxford Academic ("Apigenin inhibits cancer progression in TRAMP mice via targeting PI3K/Akt/FoxO pathway.")

Apigenin blocks IKKα activation and suppresses prostate cancer progression ("Apigenin blocks IKKα activation and suppresses cancer progression.")

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Braveheart

A combination of nettle root and chamomille has played a key role in almost completely eliminating my problems with BPH.

I use ground nettle root and dried chamomille flowers, seeping it in boiling water for approximately 30-45 minutes, drinking three cups per day.

While the prostate-related benefits of nettle root are relatively widely known, maybe lesser known is the fact that the apigenin flavonoid in chamomille is a powerful anticarcinogenic which (inter alia) appears to play a role in inhibiting prostate cancer.

I initially had some concerns about the fact that apigenin is a flavonoid phytoestrogen, but in my understanding not all phytoestrogens are bad for men (from a testosterone perspective), with certain phytoestrogens having an anti-estrogenic effect.

[Estrogenic and antiestrogenic activities of flavonoid phytochemicals through estrogen receptor binding-dependent and -independent mechanisms. - PubMed - NCBI ("Estrogenic and antiestrogenic activities of flavonoid phytochemicals through estrogen receptor binding-dependent and -independent mechanisms.")]

I don't fully understand the mechanism (yet) but based on personal experience the combination of nettle root and chamomille appears to be a potent combination in addressing BPH-related problems, while I believe it may also have a role to play in the treatment of prostate cancer.

In treating BPH, it is also important to address digestion-related issues, especially constipation, which seems to exacerbate the symptoms of BPH.

Nettle root
:

The Efficacy of Stinging Nettle (Urtica Dioica) in Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Randomized Double-Blind Study in 100 Patients ("The Efficacy of Stinging Nettle (Urtica Dioica) in Patients with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Randomized Double-Blind Studt in 100 Patients.")

Effects of stinging nettle root extracts and their steroidal components on the Na+,K(+)-ATPase of the benign prostatic hyperplasia. - PubMed - NCBI ("Effects of stinging nettle root extracts and their steroidal components on the Na+,K(+)-ATPase of the benign prostatic hyperplasia.")

Urtica dioica for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. - PubMed - NCBI ("Urtica dioica for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study.")

Antiproliferative effect on human prostate cancer cells by a stinging nettle root (Urtica dioica) extract. - PubMed - NCBI ("Antiproliferative effect on human prostate cancer cells by a stinging nettle root (Urtica dioica) extract.")

Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). - PubMed - NCBI ("Lignans from the roots of Urtica dioica and their metabolites bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG).

Apigenin:

Role of Apigenin in Cancer Prevention via the Induction of Apoptosis and Autophagy ("Role of Apigenin in Cancer Prevention via the Induction of Apoptosis and Autophagy.")

Apigenin-induced prostate cancer cell death is initiated by reactive oxygen species and p53 activation ("Apigenin-induced prostate cancer cell death is initiated by reactive oxygen species and p53 activation.")

Apigenin inhibits prostate cancer progression in TRAMP mice via targeting PI3K/Akt/FoxO pathway | Carcinogenesis | Oxford Academic ("Apigenin inhibits cancer progression in TRAMP mice via targeting PI3K/Akt/FoxO pathway.")

Apigenin blocks IKKα activation and suppresses prostate cancer progression ("Apigenin blocks IKKα activation and suppresses cancer progression.")
:thumbsup: Excellent...right on...these two are part of my arsenal

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals