My diet consists of
Raw milk 1 gallon
1lb of raw liver
50-100mg of Zinc
Vitamin d3 10,000 iu
K2 8mg
Steak or chicken 113 grams or so
2 cups of orange juices

What could I be lacking in ? Should I add in magnesium 500 mg or so? I feel I’m low on minerals since I don’t eat oysters .
A little backstory
I feel as I wasn’t nourished growing up; I’ve been hypo for the longest time. I was fed a pescetarian diet; ate lots of grains.I’ve struggled with fatigue and cold feet. I noticed I grew about cm might be from the zinc and feel better overall since I changed my diet . I’m 18 years old and I know growth is stunted with hypothyroidism. Energy has been better as well . The is problem my fight or flight response . I feel anxious . I know magnesium helps with the fight or flight responses. I still have cold feet as well , I noticed they warm up a bit when I take zinc.
I’ve only started eating this way since a week or 2. Forgot to mention My hair is dry and brittle looking. The liver seems to be the only thing that gives me energy and helps mange my fatigue.

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
My diet consists of
Raw milk 1 gallon
1lb of raw liver
50-100mg of Zinc
Vitamin d3 10,000 iu
K2 8mg
2 cups of orange juices

What could I be lacking in ? Should I add in magnesium 500 mg or so? I feel I’m low on minerals since I don’t eat oysters .
Do you eat a pound of liver every day?

dukesbobby777

What minerals would you be deficient in if you’re drinking that much milk per day? From looking on cronometer I can only see a potential deficiency for manganese (which is easily rectified). Not sure you even need the zinc really unless you have a deep deficiency? The K2 might not be needed if you’re drinking that much milk and eating that much liver.

The oysters (or seafood in general) would supply trace minerals.

redsun

My diet consists of
Raw milk 1 gallon
1lb of raw liver
50-100mg of Zinc
Vitamin d3 10,000 iu
K2 8mg
2 cups of orange juices

The amount of raw liver and milk you consume would have more than enough vitamin D and K2

And you are taking 50-100mg of zinc a day... That is dangerous I don't know why you think you can take that safely.

Pound of liver is filled with too much copper and iron. You consume a lot of milk which would probably block most of the iron, and you are taking 50-100mg of zinc which would block most copper absorption.

There is such a thing as too many minerals and you are there. Especially zinc, which is actually protecting you from copper overload from liver intake but you end up with zinc toxicity.

OP
C

Chilly

The amount of raw liver and milk you consume would have more than enough vitamin D and K2

And you are taking 50-100mg of zinc a day... That is dangerous I don't know why you think you can take that safely.

Pound of liver is filled with too much copper and iron. You consume a lot of milk which would probably block most of the iron, and you are taking 50-100mg of zinc which would block most copper absorption.

There is such a thing as too many minerals and you are there. Especially zinc, which is actually protecting you from copper overload from liver intake but you end up with zinc toxicity.
I add the zinc for copper overload . I’m getting 65 mg of copper from the liver . I got white spots on my fingernails. I only plan to take 100 mg for a few days and then dial to 50 mg to balance with copper from the liver . I thought the body doesn’t store zinc?

OP
C

Chilly

What minerals would you be deficient in if you’re drinking that much milk per day? From looking on cronometer I can only see a potential deficiency for manganese (which is easily rectified). Not sure you even need the zinc really unless you have a deep deficiency? The K2 might not be needed if you’re drinking that much milk and eating that much liver.

The oysters (or seafood in general) would supply trace minerals.
The magnesium to calcium ratio is what I think is off . I’m getting 4,000 mg of calcium and only 500-600 magnesium. The zinc is for the white spots on my fingernails and to help with copper from the liver . My gonads were smaller before supplementing the zinc . Also noticed increase beard growth . An improvement in digestion as well!

OP
C

Chilly

Do you eat a pound of liver every day?
Yes 1lb of calf liver everyday some days I’ll have half lb. it’s cleared up under eye bags . I feel less fatigued as well. I have ate 1lb since last week. Its about 76,647.98 iu of vitamin A, might be more .

Last edited:

dukesbobby777

The magnesium to calcium ratio is what I think is off . I’m getting 4,000 mg of calcium and only 500-600 magnesium. The zinc is for the white spots on my fingernails and to help with copper from the liver . My gonads were smaller before supplementing the zinc . Also noticed increase beard growth . An improvement in digestion as well!

You’re getting 400mg already from a gallon of milk, so another 500mg might be a good addition. If I had a diet like that I’d try and squeeze gelatin in somewhere.

redsun

I add the zinc for copper overload . I’m getting 65 mg of copper from the liver . I got white spots on my fingernails. I only plan to take 100 mg for a few days and then dial to 50 mg to balance with copper from the liver . I thought the body doesn’t store zinc?

It does store zinc of course. Especially when you take a massive amount daily it will never be able to excrete it fast enough. And you end up with zinc build-up.

No need to take so much zinc just do not eat massive amounts of copper because too much of either fixes nothing. Not too mention you are looking at possible excess vitamin A with time as well.

More like 1lb of calf liver a week instead of daily.

Nomane Euger

My diet consists of
Raw milk 1 gallon
1lb of raw liver
50-100mg of Zinc
Vitamin d3 10,000 iu
K2 8mg
2 cups of orange juices

A little backstory
I feel as I wasn’t nourished growing up; I’ve been hypo for the longest time. I was fed a pescetarian diet; ate lots of grains.I’ve struggled with fatigue and cold feet. I noticed I grew about cm might be from the zinc and feel better overall since I changed my diet . I’m 18 years old and I know growth is stunted with hypothyroidism. Energy has been better as well . The is problem my fight or flight response . I feel anxious . I know magnesium helps with the fight or flight responses. I still have cold feet as well , I noticed they warm up a bit when I take zinc.
I’ve only started eating this way since a week or 2.
dont your mouth feel utter dry and 0 saliva secretion after a certain amount of liver?

OP
C

Chilly

You’re getting 400mg already from a gallon of milk, so another 500mg might be a good addition. If I had a diet like that I’d try and squeeze gelatin in somewhere.
What kind of magnesium is good? I added a little background story if you want to read it. I’ll add gelatin with the orange juice .

dukesbobby777

What kind of magnesium is good? I added a little background story if you want to read it. I’ll add gelatin with the orange juice .

I prefer hydrolyzed collagen when mixing into liquids, unless you can ‘bloom’ damn good with gelatin powders.

Personally I have seen benefits from magnesium oxide, malate, bicarbonate (easy to make at home) and IdeaLabs magnoil.

Thanks, yes, I read it. I guess just be careful with that much liver. At a young age you likely won’t notice that much iron intake being a problem. And like said above, the calcium from the milk might antagonize much of it. Giving blood every now and then is what I do.

OP
C

Chilly

I prefer hydrolyzed collagen when mixing into liquids, unless you can ‘bloom’ damn good with gelatin powders.

Personally I have seen benefits from magnesium oxide, malate, bicarbonate (easy to make at home) and IdeaLabs magnoil.

Thanks, yes, I read it. I guess just be careful with that much liver. At a young age you likely won’t notice that much iron intake being a problem. And like said above, the calcium from the milk might antagonize much of it. Giving blood every now and then is what I do.
I’m going to try the magnesium and collagen.I don’t get it I never have cold hands put my feet are always so cold even with socks on . I’d love to give out blood if only I wasn’t afraid of needles !

Nomane Euger

Nope, what does it mean if it does ?
i assume low histamine from what i have read,and when i eat grass fed lamb liver,more than 60 grammes at once my mouth get utter dry

Nomane Euger

Do you cook it ?
i put the pan at the very minimal temperature,and i cook it only on the exterior layer(there is a kind of skin on the liver if the butcher do not remove it)warm it up in the inside and eat it,so its less than 1Millimeter exterior layer cooked and the inner raw

ursidae

Yes 1lb of calf liver everyday some days I’ll have half lb. it’s cleared up under eye bags . I feel less fatigued as well. I have ate 1lb since last week. Its about 76,647.98 iu of vitamin A, might be more .
Your diet contains 232 431 iu of vitamin A per day
are you avoiding fibre for some reason?

mrchibbs

I would recommend stopping liver for a while. You've probably eaten enough for several months. Maybe switch to eating some shellfish once a week now.

A lot of people (like me) experience this intense craving for liver at first since it has so many of the things we're missing, but if you're suffering from hypothyroidism it's also loading you up on vitamin A which you won't be able to metabolize fully. Moreover an excess of vitamin A in your tissues will actively suppress your metabolism going forward.

Vitamin A is not a toxin, that's not what I meant, but its requirement are context-based and depend on your metabolism. Liver is absolutely great when your metabolism is firing on all cylinders, but you have to be more discerning when your experiencing cold feets and hands etc.

What is your vitamin D status, do you get enough sunshine exposure? It can be a factor in glucose oxidation and liver glycogen storage.

What is your morning temperature?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals