What Are Some Natural IRON Chelators?

Trix

@postman Oxalates impair the absorption of nonheme iron. Oxalates are compounds derived from oxalic acid and found in foods such as spinach, kale, beets, nuts, chocolate, tea, wheat bran, rhubarb, strawberries and herbs such as oregano, basil, and parsley. ... Phytate compounds can reduce iron absorption by 50 to 65 percent.
Since I've been reading up on oxalic acid for anti viral, anti bacterial, anti fungal issues recently, look into this. When I think of excess iron, bacteria feeds on iron, so this might be beneficial. When eating high oxalate foods for this type benefit, you have to limit certain foods....dairy being one because of too much free calcium. This is a temporary way of eating to get the body rid of excess viruses, fungi, etc....then go back to normal eating. I'm thinking when the viruses, fungi and bad bacteria are lowered, then iron will be more balanced. Just my thinking...I am not in the medical or science field.

RealNeat

Yes, so we don’t take it with say meat, high heme iron foods.
Wish I could remember the other ones he has recommended. Coffee of course blocks iron, maybe it chelates it too..

I havent seen how far away vitamin C should be taken from iron containing foods? any ideas?

Birdie

I havent seen how far away vitamin C should be taken from iron containing foods? any ideas?
Have you found a lead free source of vit C? If you are drinking oj and want to keep from helping absorb iron, I just would have the oj at a different meal. Several hours apart then.

I'm in a different category since I was toward the lower scale with Iron when I started Peat. Stupidly, I kept trying to lower it further. I gave blood, made sure to have coffee or coke with meat, etc... All Ray's recommendations for lowering Iron.

So, mine got too low. Just be careful to know where you are to start with. My iron was fine and I didn't need to lower it. Hope somebody learns from my mistake.

RealNeat

Have you found a lead free source of vit C? If you are drinking oj and want to keep from helping absorb iron, I just would have the oj at a different meal. Several hours apart then.

I'm in a different category since I was toward the lower scale with Iron when I started Peat. Stupidly, I kept trying to lower it further. I gave blood, made sure to have coffee or coke with meat, etc... All Ray's recommendations for lowering Iron.

So, mine got too low. Just be careful to know where you are to start with. My iron was fine and I didn't need to lower it. Hope somebody learns from my mistake.

what markers did you use to determine your iron status?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals