What's A Good Copper Chelator?

TreasureVibe

Hi all. What's a good copper chelator?

CC @haidut

EGCG is the strongest in this study with multiple copper chelating agents:
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/elan.201500138

Asking because of this article, which suggests that undissolvable blood clots could be caused by iron and copper:

Dense Iron/Copper-Induced Blood Clots Linked To Brain, Eye, Heart and Diabetic Diseases; Some Natural Remedies Identified

Also vitamin C:

• copper and vitamin C are direct antagonists. This means that they oppose each other in the body. This is one reason many people feel better taking a lot of vitamin C. Copper tends to oxidize and destroy vitamin C in the body. Meanwhile, vitamin C chelates or removes copper from the body. This requires a dose of vitamin C of at least about 500 mg daily, far higher than the minimum daily requirement of about 60 mg. On the other hand, two small studies in healthy, young adult men indicate that the oxidase activity of ceruloplasmin may be impaired by relatively high doses of supplemental vitamin C – I don’t know what that means but I can’t find any suggestion anywhere that vitamin C is harmful in the case of copper toxicity, just the opposite in fact: “Vitamin C can and does do miraculous things for patients afflicted with toxic levels of copper.”
Source: http://howirecovered.com/still-copper-toxic-two-years-later/

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

''Vitamin C. Vitamin C is an excellent copper chelator, but by stimulating adrenal activity may cause more copper to be dumped into the blood stream.''

ELIMINATING COPPER By Dr. Wilson (known for Wilson's Disease)

Can anyone confirm this?

Lurker

ELIMINATING COPPER By Dr. Wilson (known for Wilson's Disease)

Dr Lawrence Wilson is not related to Wilson’s disease (at least according to Wikipedia). He seems to be a prolific writer with an interesting mix of eastern and western medicine but he is also an authoritarian whack job. That’s not to say there isn’t any good info on his late 90s aesthetic website. There is some pure gold in there if you get past some of his biases. Personally I found his pushing down exercise quite a useful cue.

peep

Histidine (or expensive Carnosine), Lysine, Glycine, Molybdenum, Zinc, Manganese, Potassium, Taurine, Riboflavin - did help me with copper.
Not all chelators though. Some are antagonist and some help using copper better.

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

Dr Lawrence Wilson is not related to Wilson’s disease (at least according to Wikipedia). He seems to be a prolific writer with an interesting mix of eastern and western medicine but he is also an authoritarian whack job. That’s not to say there isn’t any good info on his late 90s aesthetic website. There is some pure gold in there if you get past some of his biases. Personally I found his pushing down exercise quite a useful cue.
Wow bummer lol! I thought he was actually the dude on Wilson's Disease lmao.

IP6 appears to be a very good excess copper chelator according to some sources.

Histidine (or expensive Carnosine), Lysine, Glycine, Molybdenum, Zinc, Manganese, Potassium, Taurine, Riboflavin - did help me with copper.
Not all chelators though. Some are antagonist and some help using copper better.
Thanks!

fradon

zinc can chelate copper by increases metalthione which removes heavy metals

and fructose can cause a copper deficiency because it increases iron absorption

vitamin C lowers copper.

sweating also removes copper

moving as this increases adnreanal activity and help bind unbound copper.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals