Ascorbate And The Copper Hand-Off

Kray

I drink milk, have an egg, lots of rice and masa harina, a little cheese, collagen, lots of coffee, some tea, some fruit, well cooked veggies. I am not sure why the symptoms are gone. One thing I’ve been doing for a few months is 1mg of melatonin at bedtime. Could that be it? I just don’t know.

The symptoms were like having a mild flu, lots of body aches.

I do lots of other stuff too of course.
Thanks for sharing update, hamster. I always appreciate your posts, and your response time :)

I assume your foods are providing what's necessary to keep low endotoxin, and providing the nutrients to cover vitamin C needs? Do you do starches such as potatoes, or have red meat regularly? Just trying to see where you are on the Peat-o-meter, since that's been the fulcrum of our paradigm here on the forum. It seems whenever I'm out of balance I try to find the sweet spot from this paradigm, but I also realize we're always changing as we age and most likely our diets don't remain static either. Nutrition intuition? It seems you have a really good handle on that balance, so I really appreciate you sharing these things.

On that note, can you name 3 other supplements that are your top picks, under your "lots of other stuff" category (and if you were stranded on a desert island)? ha-

May I ask (at the risk of veering off-topic), what directed you to begin the melatonin? Do you believe it to be something necessary for general health, based upon your research?

TAG145

Forum Supporter
Does anyone have thoughts about Thorne Vitamin C? This has Mg, Ca and K in it as well.

I received a standard reply about purity from them:

Good morning,

The USP’s current standards – which are therefore Thorne’s current standards – for the upper safe limit of a heavy metal that can be ingested daily are as follows:

· Lead – 5 mcg/day

· Arsenic – 15 mcg/day

· Cadmium – 5 mcg/day

· Mercury – 30 mcg/day

These standards are never used as a default upper limit on the amount of a heavy metal that would be consumed daily in a Thorne product. To the contrary, in by far the majority of instances, the daily ingestion of a heavy metal in a Thorne product is far below the USP limits; in fact, the heavy metal content in many Thorne products is often in the undetectable range.

In the middle of manufacturing the unfinished product is tested for homogeneity (to ensure each capsule will contain the specified formula) and is tested again for identity to prevent any hidden ingredients from entering the finished supplement. Finally, every finished product is tested for stability, microbial and other contaminants including pesticide residues and heavy metals) and to ensure the purity and potency of the ingredients have been maintained throughout the production process.

At Thorne, we take our quality very seriously. We manufacture our own products to ensure full supply chain transparency and have invested significantly in comprehensive testing, sourcing the highest quality ingredients, and creating a clean manufacturing process. That is why we are the brand trusted by healthcare practitioners, U.S. National Teams, and families around the world for more than 30 years. You can read additional information about our quality, ingredients, certifications, etc. here: https://www.thorne.com/quality. You may also find helpful information here: Why You Should Know Who Makes Your Supplements | Thorne.

We test all incoming ingredients either in our in-house laboratory or in a select third-party laboratory. The vast majority of testing is done in our analytical lab and our microbiological lab. We send an ingredient sample to a third-party lab only when we do not have the capacity, expertise, or analytical method to test something in house. During the manufacturing process, quality control procedures, which may include laboratory analyses, are performed on our products. All finished products are tested in our lab or in a third-party lab before they can be released for sale. Those products designated as "NSF Certified For Sport" are analyzed again in the labs at NSF International to make sure they meet our label claims and that they do not contain any of the over 200 substances banned by national and international sporting federations

Thorne Support

Thanks for sharing update, hamster. I always appreciate your posts, and your response time :)

I assume your foods are providing what's necessary to keep low endotoxin, and providing the nutrients to cover vitamin C needs? Do you do starches such as potatoes, or have red meat regularly? Just trying to see where you are on the Peat-o-meter, since that's been the fulcrum of our paradigm here on the forum. It seems whenever I'm out of balance I try to find the sweet spot from this paradigm, but I also realize we're always changing as we age and most likely our diets don't remain static either. Nutrition intuition? It seems you have a really good handle on that balance, so I really appreciate you sharing these things.

On that note, can you name 3 other supplements that are your top picks, under your "lots of other stuff" category (and if you were stranded on a desert island)? ha-

May I ask (at the risk of veering off-topic), what directed you to begin the melatonin? Do you believe it to be something necessary for general health, based upon your research?

I eat a lot of starch and much much less sugar than I used to. I eat meat maybe a few times a week, and otherwise use dairy and collagen as my primary protein sources. I have far less protein than I used to have.

Thyroid (T4 and T3)
Low dose naltrexone
Selegiline
K2 MK4
D3 occasionally
4 or 5 mg testosterone base in tocopherol topically
25mg of pregenenolone sublingually a few times a week

Those are what I use every day and find very very valuable.

Kray

I eat a lot of starch and much much less sugar than I used to. I eat meat maybe a few times a week, and otherwise use dairy and collagen as my primary protein sources. I have far less protein than I used to have.

Thyroid (T4 and T3)
Low dose naltrexone
Selegiline
K2 MK4
D3 occasionally
4 or 5 mg testosterone base in tocopherol topically
25mg of pregenenolone sublingually a few times a week

Those are what I use every day and find very very valuable.
Thanks for that. 👍

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals