Vitamin E succinate decreases melanoma size by 650% in vivo

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Could it have a similar effect on other type of growth, like verrucas or cysts?
Very possible ,as it helps in a very systemic way .

cjm

what other succinates are you using? Mag?

E and B6 (emoxypine) right now but I have succinic acid on hand and combined it with Energin this weekend, which seems more potent than usual in this combo but it's tough to tell. It might just be that I need succinic acid in particular (maybe for detox) and it synergizes nicely with so many things.

EDIT: Didn't answer your second question directly; I'm pretty interested in the mag succinate, because I adore magnesium, but I'm wondering if I can get away with the benefits of it by combining mag bicarb water with succinic acid.

I did not think of emoxypine. I am still not sure what it has to offer that other 3-hydroxy-pyridines like B6 or even niacinamide cannot. The comparative studies of emoxypine with B3 for protection from hypoxia found similar results. I think it is the succinic acid that, when combined with the pyridine, produces the unique effects. So, Cardenosine may very well work too.

Last edited:

Tarmander

E and B6 (emoxypine) right now but I have succinic acid on hand and combined it with Energin this weekend, which seems more potent than usual in this combo but it's tough to tell. It might just be that I need succinic acid in particular (maybe for detox) and it synergizes nicely with so many things.

EDIT: Didn't answer your second question directly; I'm pretty interested in the mag succinate, because I adore magnesium, but I'm wondering if I can get away with the benefits of it by combining mag bicarb water with succinic acid.

thanks! I may test some E succinate

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Anybody tried magnesium succinate? I'd be interested in that one too!

cjm

I keep taking the succinate E in small divided doses, up to 4 x 1/4 tsp so far. It has a nerve toning effect that is so subtle. Like a whisper of a fire way down an old coal mine. I don't know if this is a direct effect or something to do with muscle detox, alleviating nerve pressure as toxic/acid load is reduced.

Personal observation: after a few days of E, I finally feel T3 working. I keep some Tyronene around for no particular reason, maybe because I want to feel the miracle of relaxation and it's the prime candidate for the job, but I started dosing pretty heavy this week. Again, subtle nerve effect, but also de-pressurizing effect in chest cavity, breathing not labored, feeling expanded but not manic. I'm waiting several hours after doses to gauge effects. Divided doses of 4 drops (32 mcg).

Under this regime, I am tolerating hotter and hotter baths. My heat intolerance is going away, which now seems psychogenic. But my body temperature is dropping concurrently and the heat is almost like a supplement. Very nice! I add epsom salts, baking soda, and aspirin to the baths; aspirin will immediately increase my heat tolerance. It would be a cool experiment to track the bath temp with vectors for supps taken. Ideally I achieve a new body temp set point without the help.

This is becoming very Steve Richfield.

Sort of related,

Peat reminded me in this month's newsletter (Inflammation, adaptation, and aging) that body temperature is a master controller of sorts:

1617123428775.png

What's the antidote for inflammation? Heat.

(I ran track from high school to college, exercise can suck it. I love mountain biking, football, soccer, etc. You need to be limber for those activities, to avoid injuries and to enjoy it)

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I keep taking the succinate E in small divided doses, up to 4 x 1/4 tsp so far. It has a nerve toning effect that is so subtle. Like a whisper of a fire way down an old coal mine. I don't know if this is a direct effect or something to do with muscle detox, alleviating nerve pressure as toxic/acid load is reduced.

Personal observation: after a few days of E, I finally feel T3 working. I keep some Tyronene around for no particular reason, maybe because I want to feel the miracle of relaxation and it's the prime candidate for the job, but I started dosing pretty heavy this week. Again, subtle nerve effect, but also de-pressurizing effect in chest cavity, breathing not labored, feeling expanded but not manic. I'm waiting several hours after doses to gauge effects. Divided doses of 4 drops (32 mcg).

Under this regime, I am tolerating hotter and hotter baths. My heat intolerance is going away, which now seems psychogenic. But my body temperature is dropping concurrently and the heat is almost like a supplement. Very nice! I add epsom salts, baking soda, and aspirin to the baths; aspirin will immediately increase my heat tolerance. It would be a cool experiment to track the bath temp with vectors for supps taken. Ideally I achieve a new body temp set point without the help.

This is becoming very Steve Richfield.

Sort of related,

Peat reminded me in this month's newsletter (Inflammation, adaptation, and aging) that body temperature is a master controller of sorts:

View attachment 22414

What's the antidote for inflammation? Heat.

(I ran track from high school to college, exercise can suck it. I love mountain biking, football, soccer, etc. You need to be limber for those activities, to avoid injuries and to enjoy it)
That's a big dose of T3, how much were you able to tolerate before VES?

As a fellow former heat-person I can relate . Its very relieving to not feel uncomfortably hot. From my observation excessive heat / sweating is also caused by excess estrogen.
This might be even more valuable given the coming summer and peats last newsletter on the downsides of heat shock protein .
Maybe there's a connection, I wouldn't be surprised if vitamin e lowers heat shock protein.

Also does lower heat shock protein level equal higher heat tolerance?

cjm

That's a big dose of T3, how much were you able to tolerate before VES?

As a fellow former heat-person I can relate . Its very relieving to not feel uncomfortably hot. From my observation excessive heat / sweating is also caused by excess estrogen.
This might be even more valuable given the coming summer and peats last newsletter on the downsides of heat shock protein .
Maybe there's a connection, I wouldn't be surprised if vitamin e lowers heat shock protein.

Also does lower heat shock protein level equal higher heat tolerance?

A bottle of topical Tyronene in a weekend. It was a raucous wedding party in the woods. I reckon it helped keep my liver and kidneys active for the drug and alcohol onslaught. I guess I did have a lot of energy. Did not last into the following work week, and I normally won't feel anything from even 80 mcg oral.

Interesting angle with the heat shock proteins. I'll look it up. Not sure the answer to your question but the connection could be there.

cjm

does lower heat shock protein level equal higher heat tolerance?

Probably. Would take some digging. Here's a study, lol, I'm not sure I'm interpreting it correctly...

"Heat exposure increased serum corticosterone levels and Hsp70 expression. Serum corticosterone level was significantly decreased by vitamin C or E supplementation in HS groups for quail. Ovary and brain Hsp70 expression linearly decreased as dietary vitamin C or vitamin E supplementation increased in heat-stressed groups. However, Hsp70 expression of ovary and brain was not affected by vitamin C or E supplementation under thermo-neutral conditions. 5. The present study showed that a combination of dietary vitamin C (500 mg) and E supplementation (500 mg) may alleviate some heat stress effects of heat shock proteins of ovary and brain and egg production of Japanese quail."

Last edited:
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Probably. Would take some digging. This study showed cortisol dropped but not hsp expression.

"Heat exposure increased serum corticosterone levels and Hsp70 expression. Serum corticosterone level was significantly decreased by vitamin C or E supplementation in HS groups for quail. Ovary and brain Hsp70 expression linearly decreased as dietary vitamin C or vitamin E supplementation increased in heat-stressed groups. However, Hsp70 expression of ovary and brain was not affected by vitamin C or E supplementation under thermo-neutral conditions. 5. The present study showed that a combination of dietary vitamin C (500 mg) and E supplementation (500 mg) may alleviate some heat stress effects of heat shock proteins of ovary and brain and egg production of Japanese quail."

So I guess it works also the other way around. Or everything that lowers cortisol, lowers HSP according to this study .

I'll try if I can sit longer in the sun with VES this year , without feeling stressed. I think vitamin D helps as well .

cjm

So I guess it works also the other way around. Or everything that lowers cortisol, lowers HSP according to this study .

I'll try if I can sit longer in the sun with VES this year , without feeling stressed. I think vitamin D helps as well .

Nice, good experiment.

The heat shock proteins are supposedly induced by exercise.

I didn't think I could directly treat my own exercise intolerance aside from trying to lower ammonia and serotonin with varied success with ginger, uric acid, sodium benzoate, B1, zinc, etc. but VES might be indicated!

I haven't explored this angle seriously in a long time because it's really disheartening to go from really physically active during college and shortly afterwards... to a functional cripple starting in my mid 20s.

I used to see doctors about it! I saw a sports doctor actually, because I had been a college athlete. I told her about CRP and cytokine storms and how I'd get temporary relief from the fatigue and the brain fog from NSAIDS but the conversation didn't go anywhere. I'm 34 now.

Thanks for the connection!

cjm

I looked up the study Peat references in the latest newsletter when he's talking about heat replicating the effects of exercise. Get a load of the title per my last comment...

1617129906173.png

I can't copy and paste, must be protected, but title reads:

Elevating body temperature to reduce low-grade inflammation: a welcome strategy for those unable to exercise?

"Abstract

Chronic low-grade inflammation is increasingly recognised in the aetiology of a range of chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease, and may therefore serve as a promising target in their prevention or treatment. An acute inflammatory response can be induced by exercise; this is characterised by the acute increase in proinflammatory markers that subsequently stimulate the production of anti-inflammatory proteins. This may help explain the reduction in basal concentrations of pro-inflammatory markers following chronic exercise training. For sedentary populations, such as people with a disability, wheelchair users, or the elderly, the prevalence of chronic low-grade inflammation-related disease is further increased above that of individuals with a greater capacity to be physically active. Performing regular exercise with its proposed anti-inflammatory potential may not be feasible for these individuals due to a low physical capacity or other barriers to exercise. Therefore, alternatives to exercise that induce a transient acute inflammatory response may benefit their health. Manipulating body temperature may be such an alternative. Indeed, exercising in the heat results in a larger acute increase in inflammatory markers such as interleukin-6 and heat shock protein 72 when compared with exercising in thermoneutral conditions. Moreover, similar to exercise, passive elevation of body temperature can induce acute increases and chronic reductions in inflammatory markers and positively affect markers of glycaemic control. Here we discuss the potential benefits and mechanisms of active (i.e., exercise) and passive heating methods (e.g., hot water immersion, sauna therapy) to reduce chronic low-grade inflammation and improve metabolic health, with a focus on people who are restricted from being physically active."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Shame how some derail threads....
WHO CARES ?

This is valuable information.
Besides if cjm hadn't revived this thread it would have been dead by now .

cjm

cjm

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Nice, good experiment.

The heat shock proteins are supposedly induced by exercise.

I didn't think I could directly treat my own exercise intolerance aside from trying to lower ammonia and serotonin with varied success with ginger, uric acid, sodium benzoate, B1, zinc, etc. but VES might be indicated!

I haven't explored this angle seriously in a long time because it's really disheartening to go from really physically active during college and shortly afterwards... to a functional cripple starting in my mid 20s.

I used to see doctors about it! I saw a sports doctor actually, because I had been a college athlete. I told her about CRP and cytokine storms and how I'd get temporary relief from the fatigue and the brain fog from NSAIDS but the conversation didn't go anywhere. I'm 34 now.

Thanks for the connection!
I'd like to here about your story at some point. Sounds similar to haiduts story .
Maybe in a different thread :)

Oh shush, I'm just making the connection out loud : )

Effect of vitamin E succinate on inflammatory cytokines induced by high-intensity interval training

"HIIT-induced IL-6 and TNF-α decreased by administration of Vitamin E succinate."
Interesting study!
I looked up the study Peat references in the latest newsletter when he's talking about heat replicating the effects of exercise. Get a load of the title per my last comment...

View attachment 22420

I can't copy and paste, must be protected, but title reads:

Elevating body temperature to reduce low-grade inflammation: a welcome strategy for those unable to exercise?

"Abstract

Chronic low-grade inflammation is increasingly recognised in the aetiology of a range of chronic diseases, including type 2 diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular disease, and may therefore serve as a promising target in their prevention or treatment. An acute inflammatory response can be induced by exercise; this is characterised by the acute increase in proinflammatory markers that subsequently stimulate the production of anti-inflammatory proteins. This may help explain the reduction in basal concentrations of pro-inflammatory markers following chronic exercise training. For sedentary populations, such as people with a disability, wheelchair users, or the elderly, the prevalence of chronic low-grade inflammation-related disease is further increased above that of individuals with a greater capacity to be physically active. Performing regular exercise with its proposed anti-inflammatory potential may not be feasible for these individuals due to a low physical capacity or other barriers to exercise. Therefore, alternatives to exercise that induce a transient acute inflammatory response may benefit their health. Manipulating body temperature may be such an alternative. Indeed, exercising in the heat results in a larger acute increase in inflammatory markers such as interleukin-6 and heat shock protein 72 when compared with exercising in thermoneutral conditions. Moreover, similar to exercise, passive elevation of body temperature can induce acute increases and chronic reductions in inflammatory markers and positively affect markers of glycaemic control. Here we discuss the potential benefits and mechanisms of active (i.e., exercise) and passive heating methods (e.g., hot water immersion, sauna therapy) to reduce chronic low-grade inflammation and improve metabolic health, with a focus on people who are restricted from being physically active."
So they see the induction of the HSP as good thing here ?! And that high acute inflammation lowers chronic low grade inflammation? Lol . I can't really follow that .
So doing sports in the heat is even more stressing. That's my takeaway .
I agree that raising body temperature is good but but not through inflammation or adrenaline .

cjm

So doing sports in the heat is even more stressing. That's my takeaway .
I agree that raising body temperature is good but but not through inflammation or adrenaline .

Yeah, there definitely is a sweet spot. HIIT is not recommended in this case.

"Low to moderate exercise training is effective in the prevention and treatment of several diseases through reduction in inflammatory cytokines."

I'm putting together a little thread based on some research I just did.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals