TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Kray

Thanks to Haidut for putting together this wheat germ based vitamin E product. In his his initial post, Haidut references Ray Peat's experiments with vitamin E that his
Phd. thesis advisor had, to which it would really be interesting if such experiments could be reproduced, potentially with Haidut's E.

To quote that first post~

"Ray has written about the shocking difference between the modern vitamin E found in stores and the one his advisor used in the early 20th century.

Is it OK to only have vitamin E succinate
"...My thesis adviser, Arnold Soderwall, did some studies showing that vitamin E extended fertility considerably. I found some of his old Sigma (chemical company) vitamin E still in the freezer, and I was working on the idea that oxidative catalysts in the liver were directly related to estrogen's effects. I would extract lipids from the liver, and use paper chromatography to separate them, and for reference points I used the vitamin E and different quinones (coenzyme Q10, Q6, and benzoquinone). I happened to mix the vitamin E with one of the quinones, and noticed that it turned almost black; all of the quinones had the same effect. Putting the mixture on the paper, the moving solvent separated the original components. Delocalized electrons absorb low energy light, causing a dark color (as in black semiconductors), and Szent-Gyorgyi had expressed wonder about what could cause the dark color of the healthy liver, a color that can't be extracted as a pigment. This experiment convinced me that vitamin E could be one of the participants in delocalizing electrons for activating proteins in the way S-G suggested. However, the technology for manufacturing vitamin E has changed greatly over the years, and I have never found anything sold as vitamin E that produces the same dark colors as that old stuff from the freezer. I don't know whether the powerfully therapeutic (anti-estrogenic, clot-clearing, anti-inflammatory, quinone-reactive) old vitamin E contained "impurities" that were effective, or whether it's that the newer materials contain impurities that reduce their effects. It was labeled d-alphatocopherol, but it was semi-solid, like crystallized honey." "

So has anyone tried mixing various E's, Haidut's included, with various quinones to see if the mixture turns black?

@haidut
That was my question, too!

Haidut, also curious about your response to question from JuddCrane?

Amazoniac

Thanks to Haidut for putting together this wheat germ based vitamin E product. In his his initial post, Haidut references Ray Peat's experiments with vitamin E that his
Phd. thesis advisor had, to which it would really be interesting if such experiments could be reproduced, potentially with Haidut's E.

"Ray has written about the shocking difference between the modern vitamin E found in stores and the one his advisor used in the early 20th century.

"...My thesis adviser, Arnold Soderwall, did some studies showing that vitamin E extended fertility considerably. I found some of his old Sigma (chemical company) vitamin E still in the freezer, and I was working on the idea that oxidative catalysts in the liver were directly related to estrogen's effects. I would extract lipids from the liver, and use paper chromatography to separate them, and for reference points I used the vitamin E and different quinones (coenzyme Q10, Q6, and benzoquinone). I happened to mix the vitamin E with one of the quinones, and noticed that it turned almost black; all of the quinones had the same effect. Putting the mixture on the paper, the moving solvent separated the original components. Delocalized electrons absorb low energy light, causing a dark color (as in black semiconductors), and Szent-Gyorgyi had expressed wonder about what could cause the dark color of the healthy liver, a color that can't be extracted as a pigment. This experiment convinced me that vitamin E could be one of the participants in delocalizing electrons for activating proteins in the way S-G suggested. However, the technology for manufacturing vitamin E has changed greatly over the years, and I have never found anything sold as vitamin E that produces the same dark colors as that old stuff from the freezer. I don't know whether the powerfully therapeutic (anti-estrogenic, clot-clearing, anti-inflammatory, quinone-reactive) old vitamin E contained "impurities" that were effective, or whether it's that the newer materials contain impurities that reduce their effects. It was labeled d-alphatocopherol, but it was semi-solid, like crystallized honey." "

So has anyone tried mixing various E's, Haidut's included, with various quinones to see if the mixture turns black?

@haidut
Daniel's experiment is related:
- KMUD: 9-17-16 Antioxidant Theory And The Continued War On Cancer

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

@haidut

You can use any quinone and not just CoQ10. So, mixing vitamin E with emodin, vitamin K, tetracycline, doxycycline, etc all results in a mixture with a very dark or even black color. I have tried all of these mixes with TocoVit and I always get the black color, so if you somebody ends up doing this test as well please post pictures here.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Do you think scar tissue will allow for as efficient absorption to the blood as regular skin?

Probably less absorption through scar tissue, but if it is applied to scar tissue usually the goal is to have that scar tissue removed, not so much systemic absorption. For systemic absorption it should be applied on clear skin without much hair or scars.

Kray

Probably less absorption through scar tissue, but if it is applied to scar tissue usually the goal is to have that scar tissue removed, not so much systemic absorption. For systemic absorption it should be applied on clear skin without much hair or scars.
Thanks for clarifying that- wasn't sure the nature of his question was regarding scar tissue, whether TocoVit would treat a scar or for absorption purposes.

On that note, is there any indication for TocoVit being applied to scar tissue for removal purposes?

Muckl3

Haidut I know tocovit is good for scars but would it help stretch marks? Anything else that would help ?

At the moment I’m using Kuinone up to 10mg ed, calcirol 8-12,000iu ed, Magnoil at mainly 1/4 to half dose ed, would there been any benifits to applying these directly to the stretch marks?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for clarifying that- wasn't sure the nature of his question was regarding scar tissue, whether TocoVit would treat a scar or for absorption purposes.

On that note, is there any indication for TocoVit being applied to scar tissue for removal purposes?

Yes, some people have reported that topical vitamin E or vitamin K have removed small scars from surgery they have had for decades.

Antonello

2 nights now I've used 20 drops of TocoVit with juice or milk before going to bed. I got spontaneous erections (a rarity for me) and less bloating. The effects seem to last about 12 hours. I think this will be a good combo with PanSterone to detoxify estrogen. I'm going to do 5 drops in the morning and night.

For a while now, I have had gall stones and pale stools. The first time I took the TocoVit, I felt some pain around my gallbladder. This would be a good sign if it's making my gallbladder move again, but I think it was just gas. I'll report if I get darker stools.
Did you get darker stools from it?

BRMarshall

You can use any quinone and not just CoQ10. So, mixing vitamin E with emodin, vitamin K, tetracycline, doxycycline, etc all results in a mixture with a very dark or even black color. I have tried all of these mixes with TocoVit and I always get the black color, so if you somebody ends up doing this test as well please post pictures here.

Thanks Haidut!

It is nice to know that the experiment has been replicated and is actually a routine reaction.....recognized and utilized!

BingDing

@haidut Hi Haidut, my first couple bottles of Tocovit had that distinctive smell of wheat germ. My current bottle doesn't and a even a new bottle doesn't have that smell. Do you think Tocovit has the same effectiveness as a vitamin E supplement even though the wheat germ smell is not there? Apologies if this has been addressed before, it's a long thread.

Amazoniac

@haidut Hi Haidut, my first couple bottles of Tocovit had that distinctive smell of wheat germ. My current bottle doesn't and a even a new bottle doesn't have that smell. Do you think Tocovit has the same effectiveness as a vitamin E supplement even though the wheat germ smell is not there? Apologies if this has been addressed before, it's a long thread.
:wave:

There's an edited note on the product description in case you miss'd. As far as I know, no one noted worse effects after refining, it wased the opposite in fact.

@haidut - I was trying to tag you by typing Zeus (really), which is a coincidence to the following words because in the same way that I have conditioned myself through repetition, I think that you can do something similar by training forum members: habituating us to an update log with the improvements and common questions below the description, and treating with the sought information. Electrical shock is as dispensable as poison/"vitamin" A.

I've been attempting to do this when adding (!) next to a link, and the reward to people's click is a content with superior quality for them to improve their wealth. Soon enough there will be an association between (!) and feeling better for finding something useful and applying it.

Last edited:

Judd Crane

Yes, some people have reported that topical vitamin E or vitamin K have removed small scars from surgery they have had for decades.
I have a question regarding the bottles. Could the content be poured into a regular 1 oz glass dropper bottle or will there be a difference in drop sizes?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have a question regarding the bottles. Could the content be poured into a regular 1 oz glass dropper bottle or will there be a difference in drop sizes?

It really depends on the dropper size. You can pour it out in anything you want but I believe most glass droppers produce a small drop than the built in one in TocoVit. But you can ask the vendor for which you got the bottle and they should be able to tell you the drop size. Most droppers produce drop sizes in the range 24-50 drops per ml of liquid.

Murtaza

Has anyone used this product as base to dissolve steroids (progesterone, test) ?

jmojo

@Amazoniac @Jon Do you guys have any more insight into the strange reactions like dizziness/fatigue/lack of concentration to prolonged vitamin E intake? This happened to me about a year ago when taking Unique E at 400iu almost daily for a month. It took a while for it to subside.

andrei

I took a break from tocovit for a while. I restarted it a week ago or so. I went from 2 drops up to 10. I must say I've been under estimating tocovit.
It gives me deep sleep and non-stop energy the next day.
Since I minimize steroid supplements, I think I will keep this one closer to me. I read somewhere that it is a very good thyroid mimetic.
Anyway, just putting my feedback out there. Do not under estimate it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals