Time Restricted Eating Aka Intermittent Fasting

Hans

Forum Supporter
That might be true, i have not seen such studies.

But i talked about thyroid function. When you are not thyroid (or any hormone for that matter) resistant a smaller amount is enough for same effect.

Same is true with IF and insulin. Some people say it makes you insulin resistant. But truth is that less insulin is needed to take care of same amount of food, so in fact it makes you insulin sensitive if analyzed from a sane angle.
Here is one. Effects of eight weeks of time-restricted feeding (16/8) on basal metabolism, maximal strength, body composition, inflammation, and cardiovascular ri... - PubMed - NCBI

Keto diet also lowers thyroid function and increases cortisol.

Testosterone increases androgen receptors. So having more T might make you more sensitive to your T. Fasting lowers T so might also reduce androgen receptors.

PUFAs interferes is thyroid function and glucose is needed to convert T4 to T3. Glucose is also needed to create NADPH that is used for DHT synthesis. Glucose also boosts dopamine. So fasting will have a negative impact on all that.

Free fatty acids do make you insulin resistant, which people deem as necessary, but the FFAs doesn't return to baseline right away after the first meal. Ive seen studies on GH, that GH makes you insulin resistant, but insulin sensitivity return to normal after 5 hours when GH is lowered. So for 5 hours after the first meal, you'll still be in a state of insulin resistance.

I do agree with the study that Haidut posted, that the benefit from fasting is because of a reduction in endotoxins. Less endotoxins, less inflammation and better insulin sensitivity.
But how long before the negatives start creeping in and outweight the positives.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals