Intermittent Fasting On Ray Peat

Jsaute21

Intermittent fasting is a terrible idea. If it worked then I would be in perfect health, because I grew up Mormon and my parents made me fast a whole day once a month since I was eight years old. Instead it preceded a sensitivity to gluten and a propensity for weight gain and chronic fatigue (and I was captain of my high school swim team), which anyone who reads all of ray peat's or common sense endocrinology or clinical nutrition research would know about. You cannot stop eating without a severe rise in stress hormones, period.

This. Very well said. I am a tolerant dude, but the fasting posts are wearing a guy thin. Fasting IMO for MOST PEOPLE, will probably inevitably lead to some sort of an eating disorder. As @James IV astutely pointed out, fasting makes you eat based off a clock opposed to listening to your body & instincts. Big big problem. As a naturally healthy guy, that used to drink a fair amount, eat a good amount of PUFA's etc, my health only started deteriorating when i incorporated IF. When all else fails, KISS. Don't deprave your body of essential nutrients.

Jsaute21

I will also add that as a lifelong athlete, anybody who says "nutrient timing doesn't matter" is out of their tree. When i fasted, i eat a decent micro nutrient profile (not great) but due to the lack of sugars & abundance of fuel, i just didn't feel right.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals