196.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 76DFEC13-C869-4F32-9ECF-5B5F88A05634.jpeg
    76DFEC13-C869-4F32-9ECF-5B5F88A05634.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 70
  • B0117EA7-21EC-43C6-9F48-9EA1AACF3562.jpeg
    B0117EA7-21EC-43C6-9F48-9EA1AACF3562.jpeg
    346.9 KB · Views: 69

ThinPicking

Grylls is legend man :D and certainly appears to live a "Think, Perceive, Act" lifestyle. I think he was even chugging milk from a carton at one point.

Theroux kept trying to poke a hole in his vibe and Grylls responded at most turns with typical humility. He even took a moment to give it up to God.

His ridiculous meme adventure park (in inner city Birmingham :tearsofjoy:) is a lot of fun if there's any bored brits reading this.

Last edited:

sunny

Or life experience with veganism made him aware of the health pitfalls, which then made him realize eating other things made him feel better, which turns out to be what RP advocates from a life of learning and experimentation. But who hasn't heard of Peat these days if you are reading health research, right?

EnergeticLeo

Either he's read Peat or he read Paul Saladino's 'carnivore + fruit + dairy + honey' diet, which is likely to have been inspired by Peat :D

Dean

Either he's read Peat or he read Paul Saladino's 'carnivore + fruit + dairy + honey' diet, which is likely to have been inspired by Peat :D
Saladino's doing dairy (and fruit) now? Another carnivore bites the (carbs.)

I have to confess though that the 1st time I did carnivore for any length of time I felt and looked better than ever. I still keep going back to it or thinking about it, but can't recapture the magic. Actually, been thinking hard about it again (at least short term) as weight piles back on.

EnergeticLeo

Saladino's doing dairy (and fruit) now? Another carnivore bites the (carbs.)

I have to confess though that the 1st time I did carnivore for any length of time I felt and looked better than ever. I still keep going back to it or thinking about it, but can't recapture the magic. Actually, been thinking hard about it again (at least short term) as weight piles back on.
Yep another carnivore has come over to the dark side :D

Peat did say IIRC that on carnivore you'll feel great for two years because of the reduction in endotoxin, but after that problems will arise. Ofc the time can vary person to person. I think for some people at the start, the benefit of lower endotoxin from going carnivore can outweigh the cost of removing carbs.
One other theory I've heard for people feeling great on carnivore at the start is the 'catecholamine honeymoon' where stress hormones are elevated due to a lack of carbs. Elevated stress hormones can definitely make you feel euphoric for a period of time.

Dean

Yep another carnivore has come over to the dark side :D

Peat did say IIRC that on carnivore you'll feel great for two years because of the reduction in endotoxin, but after that problems will arise. Ofc the time can vary person to person. I think for some people at the start, the benefit of lower endotoxin from going carnivore can outweigh the cost of removing carbs.
One other theory I've heard for people feeling great on carnivore at the start is the 'catecholamine honeymoon' where stress hormones are elevated due to a lack of carbs. Elevated stress hormones can definitely make you feel euphoric for a period of time.
Yeah, last time I checked in on Saladino he had added copious quantities of honey but was still talking down dairy and fruit.

I didn't stick with carnivore that long but my energy was never better and gut never flatter, for the reasons you suggest I'm sure.

I did very high protein that first go, but my kidneys could never handle it now. High fat makes it less palatable, less energizing, and thus less sustainable. Plus, I've struggled with cramps and sleep issues in subsequent attempts.

Trouble is that carbs in whatever iteration make me fat, always have. Remembering how great it felt to never be hangry and totally free of cravings is also alluring.

redsun

Yeah, last time I checked in on Saladino he had added copious quantities of honey but was still talking down dairy and fruit.

I didn't stick with carnivore that long but my energy was never better and gut never flatter, for the reasons you suggest I'm sure.

I did very high protein that first go, but my kidneys could never handle it now. High fat makes it less palatable, less energizing, and thus less sustainable. Plus, I've struggled with cramps and sleep issues in subsequent attempts.

Trouble is that carbs in whatever iteration make me fat, always have. Remembering how great it felt to never be hangry and totally free of cravings is also alluring.
Carbs don't make you fat its due to excess calories.

When I was on keto I could only last a few months, because I couldn’t sleep at night from the terrible leg cramps.

Well, I'll agree that carbs can "help" create a propensity to consume more calories.
Grains activate the opioid part of the brain, making us want more. If I start my day with protein and a lot of sugar, and no starches i don’t m think about food much the rest of the day. If I start with a delicious croissant, I crave chips and others carbs all day long.

redsun

Protein builds muscle, starch carbs make people “skinny fat”.
Lol I suppose if all you ate was starch and no protein you would be skinny but no one does that. Meats and starches are the major components of the vertical diet which helps build muscle mass and improve performance.

Well, I'll agree that carbs can "help" create a propensity to consume more calories.
My diet is plenty of lean animal protein and carbs with lowish fat diet and I do not gain weight. Its about your own caloric needs. Most people who say carbs make them fat is because they already eat tons of calories from fat to begin with. Carbs also make you hold onto water due to increased glycogen. But this doesnt mean you are fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals