Reasonable DIY Transdermal Testosterone

OP
brightside

brightside

Anyways, so after using the oleic acid formula for a bit, I will throw away my bottles of oleic acid. The largest reason is that it's already rancid.. Lol. I kind of screwed up and didn't immediately stick them in a fridge. Also, I should have added vitamin E straight away, but I totally forgot about preservation. When I originally opened the first bottle, I could smell a tiny bit of rancidity, but nothing worrisome. However, after not properly storing it, and then adding it to my lotion and keeping it hot for like an hour, it smelled pretty rancid when I was done.

Because of this, oleic acid is terrible to use in any recipe, since I doubt you could even buy one that's not gone even a little bit rancid. Compared to high oleate oils, pure oleic acid is probably much more prone to rancidity since it has no anti-oxidants or other saturated fats to physically create space between the unsaturated fats. If it would be used in a solution, I would probably add more than 1% vitamin E to make sure that the hormone doesn't get oxidized. Anyways, its not a big loss, and is actually a good thing since it pushed me away from using MUFAs. Lauric acid is a good alternative and is really cheap too.

Last edited:
OP
brightside

brightside

Doesn't at all in my set up.
Maybe your ingredients are low quality ...
I don't think that's it.
I think the most logical explanation would be that, well, it evaporates. After a certain point it crosses a threshold where the ethanol cannot hold the MCT and vice versa.

I have "Island Fresh" organic MCT oil. I can't find the exact bottle. I doubt it's got the utmost quality or purity, but like, how much would that make a difference.

Last edited:
OP
brightside

brightside

Alright, so it's been a month since my first batch of lotion. The very first one I made didn't have an emulsifier, and only stearyl alcohol was used as the emulsifier. Surprisingly, it worked, and it has yet to separate. The texture is really foamy and hard, but its nowhere close to failing. Therefore, almost in any lotion, a bit of stearyl alcohol is very helpful in creating a good texture and pleasant skin-feel, stabilizing and prolonging the emulsion, and (very) mildly antagonizing estrogen and boosting metabolism.

Additionally, this lotion is yet to show any signs of molding or bacterial growth. It doesn't mean that it's not growing anything, it could be, but clearly there's a preservative action of some kind. This is obviously because of the 5% D limonene that I used. In my opinion, D limonene is an ingredient that's definitely worth the money, since it will prolong the life of the lotion, and enhance penetration. ( I wouldn't recommend using only DLIM, since it might not have a wide enough spectrum of action, however, using it with a mild preservative will probably be very effective)

blackface

Just found this DHEA product and posting the ingredients.

1678366170272.png

OP
brightside

brightside

Just found this DHEA product and posting the ingredients.

View attachment 48352
Thanks for sharing.

It's interesting that they chose isopropanol over ethanol, but I heard that it evaporates a bit slower than ethanol, so perhaps that. It would be interesting to know the quantities of each ingredient, but I presume that the isopronanol is the largest, with PG, BA, and OA being in much smaller quantities(as opposed to more even quantities like 20% of each) The DHEA would weigh roughly 10% in this solution, therefore there is at least 10% of PG, BA, and OA. That means there is hypothetically, 50% of IPA, 10% PG, 10% BA, 10% OA, and 10% DHEA, and the rest of the ingredients making up the last 10%.

I couldn't find an exact pubchem page for the Butyl-benzoyl-sulphimide, but I think it might actually be N-butylbenzenesylfonamide. If that's true, then its a neurotoxin and an anti-androgen, as it says in the pubchem page. N-Butylbenzenesulfonamide

The glycerin is a humectant, so it's a worthwhile addition. I don't know what Stearyl methacrylate does, but it looks to be a surfactant and therefore probably a penetration enhancer. And the last two are fragrances.

Over-all, pretty interesting. I figure that It must have a pretty good absorption rate and must maintain that for quite a while. The alcohol would theoretically extract a bunch of the lipids, which would get replaced with the compounds in this.

I would probably get rid of the BA in a DIY formula.

blackface

Thanks for sharing.

It's interesting that they chose isopropanol over ethanol, but I heard that it evaporates a bit slower than ethanol, so perhaps that. It would be interesting to know the quantities of each ingredient, but I presume that the isopronanol is the largest, with PG, BA, and OA being in much smaller quantities(as opposed to more even quantities like 20% of each) The DHEA would weigh roughly 10% in this solution, therefore there is at least 10% of PG, BA, and OA. That means there is hypothetically, 50% of IPA, 10% PG, 10% BA, 10% OA, and 10% DHEA, and the rest of the ingredients making up the last 10%.

I couldn't find an exact pubchem page for the Butyl-benzoyl-sulphimide, but I think it might actually be N-butylbenzenesylfonamide. If that's true, then its a neurotoxin and an anti-androgen, as it says in the pubchem page. N-Butylbenzenesulfonamide

The glycerin is a humectant, so it's a worthwhile addition. I don't know what Stearyl methacrylate does, but it looks to be a surfactant and therefore probably a penetration enhancer. And the last two are fragrances.

Over-all, pretty interesting. I figure that It must have a pretty good absorption rate and must maintain that for quite a while. The alcohol would theoretically extract a bunch of the lipids, which would get replaced with the compounds in this.

I would probably get rid of the BA in a DIY formula.
Thanks for your comment. This company has a lot of transdermal products so maybe you will find some helpful info.

1678438076990.png

Johhnyb

Isopropanol, propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol, cis-9-octadecanoic acid, estra-4,9,11-methacrylate, nerolidol, glycerin, hypromellose

Seen the above formula for a topical pro-hormone if that’s any use to you, seems to be similar to the DHEA previously posted

Santosh

Would it offer any particular and substantial benefit that the other ingredients don't already? I don't think so. I would just rather not use it if it's not absolutely necessary.

High solubilization and penetration enhancement.
It's the strongest steroid solvent known to man.

OP
brightside

brightside

High solubilization and penetration enhancement.
It's the strongest steroid solvent known to man.
Yeah, and that's nice and all, but it doesn't do very much in this formulation. Besides the penetration enhancement, it's useless. You can easily reach a concentration of 100mg/ml with 50% ethanol. You know that.

Since there's already a few penetration enhancers, in my opinion, it doesn't boost the absorption by a large enough % to warrant its use. The other ingredients are also gentler and hang around longer. Although 10% really isn't that much to worry about, I still don't see the point.

OP
brightside

brightside

Isopropanol, propylene glycol, benzyl alcohol, cis-9-octadecanoic acid, estra-4,9,11-methacrylate, nerolidol, glycerin, hypromellose

Seen the above formula for a topical pro-hormone if that’s any use to you, seems to be similar to the DHEA previously posted
Is that a tren prohormone?

Seems that this specific formula is popular

Last edited:
OP
brightside

brightside

Thanks for your comment. This company has a lot of transdermal products so maybe you will find some helpful info.

View attachment 48362
I'll check them out, thanks!

This one seems a bit like they threw a bunch of ingredients together and called it a day. They are using dimethyl isosorbide, ethoxydiglycol and ethanol to reach a 36mg/ml concentration? Maybe those hormones don't solubilize easily, who knows.

Last edited:
OP
brightside

brightside

Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps they did that because they wanted to use a large portion of water to create a thick consistency with the carbomer. I am curious about the solvent capacity of ethoxydiglycol and dimethyl isosorbide, though.

Johhnyb

Is that a tren prohormone?

Seems that this specific formula is popular
Actually it is a tren prohormone. Not used or intent to ever use it myself but thought the contents for the topical application might help.

I currently use a mixture of DMSO, Vit E and lanolin but I am following this thread with interest as you’re clearly applying a lot of care and thought.

OP
brightside

brightside

Actually it is a tren prohormone. Not used or intent to ever use it myself but thought the contents for the topical application might help.

I currently use a mixture of DMSO, Vit E and lanolin but I am following this thread with interest as you’re clearly applying a lot of care and thought.
Gotcha, I'm just curious haha.

Interesting. How much VIt E and lanolin do you use, and what's the consistency like?

Johhnyb

Gotcha, I'm just curious haha.

Interesting. How much VIt E and lanolin do you use, and what's the consistency like?
Approx 5% Vit E in mixture, lanolin separate and applied as necessary, mainly for combatting the harsh nature of DMSO on skin (especially the sensitive skin on scrotum). Has the nice bonus of being a precursor too, I had thought about cholesterol but the price was the main issue.

Edit to add that the consistency is same as if the Vit E wasn’t there. If lanolin was in mixture the consistency would change dramatically. It would create a lot of waste to play around and get it right, much simpler to keep it separate.

I use that combination for 6 different ‘steroids’ grouped into two lots, so three different bottles.

OP
brightside

brightside

Approx 5% Vit E in mixture, lanolin separate and applied as necessary, mainly for combatting the harsh nature of DMSO on skin (especially the sensitive skin on scrotum). Has the nice bonus of being a precursor too, I had thought about cholesterol but the price was the main issue.
Hmm, I wonder if squalane would also work. It's not exactly a precursor, squalene is (the unsaturated version). But perhaps the body can utilize both.

Edit to add that the consistency is same as if the Vit E wasn’t there. If lanolin was in mixture the consistency would change dramatically. It would create a lot of waste to play around and get it right, much simpler to keep it separate.
Yeah I get that. I went through so many failed batches, its such a waste. Interesting that the Vit E doesn't change the texture, I assume it's getting solubilized. Hmm, that means that the lanolin isn't and also that it would indeed be a good option for a thicker DMSO solution.
I use that combination for 6 different ‘steroids’ grouped into two lots, so three different bottles.
Nice. P5, P4, DHEA, T, DHT and something else?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals