Low Toxin Supplements PSA: DO NOT START ON NIACIN IF YOU ARE STILL LIVING A TOXIC LIFESTYLE

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I don’t understand this idea that copper is bad. It’s just a mineral that our body needs. Yes most people’s bodies can’t use it properly. But that doesn’t make copper bad. And I know most people are copper toxic.
Copper just might be another case of a very very small amount is needed, if any, like "vitamin A". And the accumulation effects is obviously clear on both of them that they cause disastrous results. - me

View: https://x.com/NutriDetect/status/1761064806126326008?s=20

Izzybelle

Aren't y'all worried about iron overload, lipofuscin, loss of skin and hair pigmentation, all of the other problems Peat discussed when iron disproportionately displaces copper in the body, especially with aging? I've only read the last couple of pages of this thread, but I see talk about also eliminating coffee which helps to block iron absorption.

pubh12

Forum Supporter
I was looking through his Twitter feed (Smith) , and I noticed he just tweeted about antioxidants being bad for detoxing. I’m about to start OSR (oxidative stress relief aka NBMI). I believe I’m very mercury or heavy metal toxic as suspected by a few members of this forum. This OSR is supposed to be the best at chelating mercury which I’m hoping will pull me out of a very dangerous breathing issue. If antioxidation is bad will this make heavy metal toxicity worse , or can I do both as long as I take niacin too?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Aren't y'all worried about iron overload, lipofuscin, loss of skin and hair pigmentation, all of the other problems Peat discussed when iron disproportionately displaces copper in the body, especially with aging? I've only read the last couple of pages of this thread, but I see talk about also eliminating coffee which helps to block iron absorption.
Not at all. From my observations and those of my family members and friends around me, I am aging backwards.
I was looking through his Twitter feed (Smith) , and I noticed he just tweeted about antioxidants being bad for detoxing. I’m about to start OSR (oxidative stress relief aka NBMI). I believe I’m very mercury or heavy metal toxic as suspected by a few members of this forum. This OSR is supposed to be the best at chelating mercury which I’m hoping will pull me out of a very dangerous breathing issue. If antioxidation is bad will this make heavy metal toxicity worse , or can I do both as long as I take niacin too?
This niacin along with the Big 5 Essential minerals should handle the mercury just fine along with the low toxin lifestyle and low "vitamin A" diet. Anti-oxidant = anti-life.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Oh and btw the liver is what regulates the iron. The low toxin lifestyle along with the low "vitamin A" diet and repletion of the Big 5 Essential minerals takes care of the liver so that it can handle the iron just fine.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So Smith is saying he is pushing a lie?
Exactly. Dr. Garrett Smith is seeing the less copper people have in their bodies the healthier they are.

mosaic01

The dangerous thing is that there is no known copper chelator and copper toxicity manifests as the worst symtoms among all heavy metals. There's only the slow way of reducing absorption with zinc, molybdenum, etc., and do that for years to give the body the ability to slowly excrete it. Excess intake means playing with fire.

I was looking through his Twitter feed (Smith) , and I noticed he just tweeted about antioxidants being bad for detoxing. I’m about to start OSR (oxidative stress relief aka NBMI).

I would be extremely careful with OSR. It only deactivates the mercury by making it inert. Once you take OSR, the mercury will never be able to leave your body again.

Selenium works similarily, so I would also be careful with selenium doses beyond small amounts like 50mcg.

mattmm24

Exactly. Dr. Garrett Smith is seeing the less copper people have in their bodies the healthier they are.
While I agree with vitamin a and copper being toxic without a doubt. I still believe that something happened in the past 20 years that messed up our bodies from being able to metabolize it correctly rather than them actually being toxins. I personally am way more sensitive since covid for some reason. I got sick in 2022 and every since then cheese, anything with gluten or added folic acid really mess me up. Nasal congestion off and on as well.

mosaic01

While I agree with vitamin a and copper being toxic without a doubt. I still believe that something happened in the past 20 years that messed up our bodies from being able to metabolize it correctly rather than them actually being toxins. I personally am way more sensitive since covid for some reason. I got sick in 2022 and every since then cheese, anything with gluten or added folic acid really mess me up. Nasal congestion off and on as well.

I believe it's related to EMF and the satellites and 5G system they are putting up.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I believe it's related to EMF and the satellites and 5G system they are putting up.
Exactly. And we know how to mitigate that now. :)

Izzybelle

Oh and btw the liver is what regulates the iron. The low toxin lifestyle along with the low "vitamin A" diet and repletion of the Big 5 Essential minerals takes care of the liver so that it can handle the iron just fine.
Is that just a theory or is there research which indicates this? What about all of the people following the standard medical advice to avoid eggs/cholesterol and saturated fat yet still die of heart disease at a relatively young age? Most likely aren't milk drinkers and/or liver eaters either.

Peater

So you're saying that this guy is wrong? He is talking about copper deficiency. So Smith is saying he is pushing a lie? I still believe we are all copper toxic, but if our body could use the copper that we take in then we wouldn't be toxic because it would simply get rid of what it didn't need.

Indeed, I think toxicity doesn't necessarily imply an overdose as such, just more than the body can use at present. Some people could show "toxicity" at '3' some at '10'. I read about a farmer that stripped all the copper out of his soil with a molydenum heavy soil enhancer and his animals got ill. Give the body what it needs to process copper and remove any excess (Through the bile). Cutting it out completely seems a little reductionist/treating the symptoms.

Garrett may well be right and the 5 important minerals are enough to allow this to happen without needing to go zero copper (And conversely not eating kilos of chocolate every day)

pubh12

Forum Supporter
The dangerous thing is that there is no known copper chelator and copper toxicity manifests as the worst symtoms among all heavy metals. There's only the slow way of reducing absorption with zinc, molybdenum, etc., and do that for years to give the body the ability to slowly excrete it. Excess intake means playing with fire.

I would be extremely careful with OSR. It only deactivates the mercury by making it inert. Once you take OSR, the mercury will never be able to leave your body again.

Selenium works similarily, so I would also be careful with selenium doses beyond small amounts like 50mcg.

Are you sure? I’ve never heard that from anyone else. Why would the bonding to selenium make it so you could never excrete it? It’s not even a permanent bond.

Izzybelle

There's some interesting quotes here, where Peat obviously is deeply aware of the nuance between too much copper and too much iron, and the need for zinc. He's always advised against copper supplements and supplements containing iron. I think that's why he recommended things like oysters whch have iron, copper and zinc, and using coffee to avoid too much iron absorption, especially with aging.

mosaic01

Are you sure? I’ve never heard that from anyone else. Why would the bonding to selenium make it so you could never excrete it? It’s not even a permanent bond.

I know this about OSR, because the inventor said it.

Regarding selenium, I am not 100% sure. The studies on selenium show that it increases mercury excretion and it helps with mercury issues generally. But I also heard that selenium forms bonds with mercury, I think mercury selenide, that makes the mercury inert and prevents some of it's excretion.

Mercury has affinity for certain minerals. For example, it has affinity to sulfur. But the affinity of mercury to selenium is the greatest, like 1000 times greater. So once a mercury molecule comes in contact with a selenium molecule, an inert bond is formed, and I am not sure whether that can be excreted.

The good thing is that selenium is already very powerful in small doses around 50-100mcg.

I also don't know whether there are differences between selenomethionine, and sodium selenite. I usually see people recommend the methionine form, but it seems Dr. Smith recommends sodium selenite. I don't know whether he has a reason for that.

pubh12

Forum Supporter
@Dave Clark
I know this about OSR, because the inventor said it.

Regarding selenium, I am not 100% sure. The studies on selenium show that it increases mercury excretion and it helps with mercury issues generally. But I also heard that selenium forms bonds with mercury, I think mercury selenide, that makes the mercury inert and prevents some of it's excretion.

Mercury has affinity for certain minerals. For example, it has affinity to sulfur. But the affinity of mercury to selenium is the greatest, like 1000 times greater. So once a mercury molecule comes in contact with a selenium molecule, an inert bond is formed, and I am not sure whether that can be excreted.

The good thing is that selenium is already very powerful in doses of around 50-100mcg.

So why would Boyd Haley push OSR so much if the bond to mercury meant it couldn’t be excreted ?

mosaic01

So why would Boyd Haley push OSR so much if the bond to mercury meant it couldn’t be excreted ?

Because he believes making it inert is already sufficient. It can't react with enzymes and other things anymore when it's inert. OSR is an artificial substance and no one knows what it really does due to lack of studies.

If you take OSR you can either get way better, or way worse (or nothing happens). But if you get worse, there's no way to get the mercury out of your body ever again (probably).

Topical magnesium chloride application, selenium, and other minerals coupled with niacin and infrared sauna is the best way to get mercury out in a pace the body allows. CO2 baths and thiamine will probably help as well.

Last edited:

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
This is a public service announcement. If you plan on starting Niacin and are still eating a toxic Ray Peat diet and living a toxic lifestyle, you are going to have a bad time. You have to stop the "in-toxing" before you start on Niacin. Niacin is such a powerful detox tool as it opens up over 500 detox pathways. If you are still poisoning yourself with the Ray Peat toxic diet and his pharmaceutical suggestions, that's a bad idea. Do not start taking Niacin and get into a crazy heavy detox because you did not heed this warning and blame the Niacin.
Hi Charlie! I’ve been taking niacin all week (50mg) and didn’t feel much. Yesterday I decided to up the dose a bit to see if I could experience a flush. I took 250mg with breakfast and about 30 minutes later I did experience a good flush that lasted around an hour. I actually found it weirdly pleasant, despite being bright red. Then I spent all day in the sun.

Around 5am, this morning I woke up feeling AWFUL. I had horrible stomach cramps and nausea and honestly felt like death. I wondered if I’d rather go through my hard 20 hour labor again, with my last child, than feel how I felt. I vomited dark green bile around 20 times and couldn’t keep down anything, not even water. I finally was able to fall asleep for a bit and now it’s 2:30 pm and though I still feel pretty bad, I feel much better and the vomiting has stopped. Do you think this is due to the niacin and is some type of detox? I plan to stop the niacin and just focus on the diet for a while, but I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this. The niacin is the only supplement I’ve been taking.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals