Problems with facial fat wasting - Skinny/gaunt face

Nik665

My face has been very skinny for a few years now and recently seems to be losing even more weight. I lost the weight from my face in quite a short period of time in my late twenties. Over maybe a year. Up until then I had a full face. The volume of my face now does not correlate with the weight/mass of my body. Body wise, I am reasonably well built and of around average weight, with a small amount of fat on the belly/chest areas. My face though looks as though I've not eaten in weeks. People often refer to me is skinny or say "there's not much of you is there" when all they are seeing is my face during winter etc, but body wise I am not skinny at all.

The gaunt-looking face absolutely destroys my confidence. I avoid as much social interaction as possible for fear of the reaction from friends and family. My jaw has become extremely pointed/and thin looking. I have yet been unable to find a way to resolve this.

Generally putting on weight, helps to a minor degree but my body would have to become extremely overweight for my face to look anywhere near healthy and not skinny. So this isn't really an option. Starchy carbs/grains can make a subtle difference but I assume this likely water weight and I am currently avoiding these foods.

Has anyone experienced this and managed to improve it?

I've had an issue with the cartilage in my throat and a restriction of the movement of the throat structures when swallowing. Sounds unlikely but to me it feels as though there could be a link between this and the facial weight loss as they began around the same time. Nonetheless, if anyone has any ideas on how to increase weight in the face, please share.
Are you a female? If so it’s very common for face to lose fat starting in mid twenties. It can appear worse if you are on the leaner side. This is normal aging. But people’s ideas of age have been skewed as now teens begin to get facial fillers. It’s normal for a female to lose some of facial volume. That being said tonya Zavasta has some cool stuff on gainingface mass again but it can be time consuming although I personally think it’s ten thousand times better than getting a fat transfer or filler which doesn’t seem natural to a human organism

meatbag

No I don't eat beef liver. I assume I should start?

My DHEA is very high. Out of range high on my blood tests. My Cholesterol is high and my progesterone slightly low. Would you recommend supplementing with Pregnenolone?
Topical DHEA Has Potent Anti-aging Effects On Human Skin

Pregnenolone, Progesterone And DHEA Drop, Cortisol Rises In Aging

How Chronic Stress (cortisol) Causes Disease
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Danny Roddy Weblog
1616684515512.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"By the mid-1930s, it was generally known that hypothyroidism causes the cholesterol level in the blood to increase; hypercholesterolemia was a diagnostic sign of hypothyroidism. Administering a thyroid supplement, blood cholesterol came down to normal exactly as the basal metabolic rate came up to the normal rate.” -Ray Peat, PhD
The Cholesterol and Thyroid Connection – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

mostlylurking

Try topical sunflower oil, but avoid sunlight when you use it. It has helped with fattening my face skin, specifically my under eye area.
sunflower oil is PUFA. Plumping up the face via sunflower oil would be a good way of promoting skin cancer, even if you stay out of the sun for a while after applying it.

ursidae

What is your level of cortisol? Wondering as I have this problem and this is what I blame it on

OP
C

Callmestar

Are you a female? If so it’s very common for face to lose fat starting in mid twenties. It can appear worse if you are on the leaner side. This is normal aging. But people’s ideas of age have been skewed as now teens begin to get facial fillers. It’s normal for a female to lose some of facial volume. That being said tonya Zavasta has some cool stuff on gainingface mass again but it can be time consuming although I personally think it’s ten thousand times better than getting a fat transfer or filler which doesn’t seem natural to a human organism
I'm male.

OP
C

Callmestar

What is your level of cortisol? Wondering as I have this problem and this is what I blame it on
Most recent morning Cortisol blood test was 606 nmol/L. I know it fluctuates greatly through the day but this is the only Cortisol test I've had. Whats yours?

Korven

I also have this problem - it sucks.

Lots of stress + being vegan for 3 years gave me sunken/hollow eyes. Realistically the only way to solve this is dermal fillers which I am thinking about getting. You can get hyaluronic acid injected which doesn't sound too bad.

Eating tons of starchy carbs -- especially pasta and bread -- fills out my face and I don't look as sick.

As @ursidae pointed out it's important to stop cortisol from further breaking down tissues. Lots and lots of calories should help. Building blocks (protein, cholesterol) and nutrition from quality animal products also key. A couple litres of whole milk per day = easy calories. Becoming slightly overweight should help buffer against stress and cortisol. Could also be worth supplementing thyroid, pregnenolone, progesterone, testosterone or other protective anti-catabolic substance. Get sunlight if you can.

ursidae

Most recent morning Cortisol blood test was 606 nmol/L. I know it fluctuates greatly through the day but this is the only Cortisol test I've had. Whats yours?
At its worst, 1144 nmol/l...most recently, 588. Both taken in the morning. I believe it was due to insulin resistance, extremely poor digestion, vitamin/mineral deficiencies and the use of metronidazole. I Could be wrong

LOL

I've got the EXACT same thing (male, late 20s, rapid onset, fat deposits in face hollowed out - especially the area under the eyes) , I've been testing out supplementing with a tablespoon of refined coconut oil 3x day (total of 40-50g/day) - gonna report back in a few weeks

Ben Stone

Sunflower oil does work. It promotes fat gain in adipocytes through PPAR activation.
Would other oils work in this regard? Greeks once bathed in olive oil. Would it be indicated in other areas of cachexia like forearms etc where disease can waste fat?

baccheion

I'd not seen that film but I just googled it....in terms of face that's not far off how I am. I wouldn't want to post pics but there's a definite change and it's mentioned frequently by people that see me. "Oh you've lost so much weight" "You look ill" etc etc. What are we classing as visible signs of aging? I suppose I do to a degree, I'm in my early 30s so most have some signs of aging at this point. I wouldn't say I have folds but the face is looking more sunken and fine lines and wrinkles are forming. I wouldn't say it's an age thing, it happened very quickly. My skin is overall a bit haggard for my age from a rough past, scars, stress and too much sun when younger but on the odd times where I have put on even more weight and it's plumped up a bit, it looks a lot better.
Sharp wrinkles, sunken, etc are signs of lower aldosterone. There's a graphic associating wrinkle/etc with certain hormone deficiencies: Anti-Aging Hormones to Reverse Physical Aging ..

Coderr

My face is dry, my under eyes are sunken. I have a voluminous face. This makes me look old. I want to have a fuller face. When I look at the faces of my friends who consume lamb meat a lot, I see brightness and fullness. Would it work for my skin if I consume lamb tarrow?

meatbag

Sharp wrinkles, sunken, etc are signs of lower aldosterone. There's a graphic associating wrinkle/etc with certain hormone deficiencies: Anti-Aging Hormones to Reverse Physical Aging ..
I don't think that is correct
"One of the things that happen when there isn't enough sodium in the diet is that more aldosterone is synthesized. Aldosterone causes less sodium to be lost in the urine and sweat, but it achieves that at the expense of the increased loss of potassium, magnesium, and probably calcium. The loss of potassium leads to vasoconstriction, which contributes to heart and kidney failure and high blood pressure. The loss of magnesium contributes to vasoconstriction, inflammation, and bone loss. Magnesium deficiency is extremely common, but a little extra salt in the diet makes it easier to retain the magnesium in our foods."
Water: swelling, tension, pain, fatigue, aging

OP
C

Callmestar

"One of the things that happen when there isn't enough sodium in the diet is that more aldosterone is synthesized. Aldosterone causes less sodium to be lost in the urine and sweat, but it achieves that at the expense of the increased loss of potassium, magnesium, and probably calcium. The loss of potassium leads to vasoconstriction, which contributes to heart and kidney failure and high blood pressure. The loss of magnesium contributes to vasoconstriction, inflammation, and bone loss. Magnesium deficiency is extremely common, but a little extra salt in the diet makes it easier to retain the magnesium in our foods."

Funny you guys mention this. I have a major problem with dehydration, frequent clear urination. See my other thread: Chronic health problem (Dehydration) - Faint hope somebody here might have some ideas

It was suspected I may have diabetes insipidus/lack of vasopressin initially, but that seems not to be the case. I cannot find any other cause for the dehydration and problems with Aldosterone keeps coming up as a possible cause. I'm unsure what I can do to correct my aldosterone if it is the cause?

baccheion

Aldosterone declines with age in an unfavorable way. That is, less is produced than needed.
A

All I saw was finasteride and topical estrogen so I didn’t bother reading anything else. Someone let me know if there is anything useful on there though.
The link was to mainly/only supply pictures showing what deficiencies lead to aging in certain areas.

OP
C

Callmestar

Aldosterone declines with age in an unfavorable way. That is, less is produced than needed.

The link was to mainly/only supply pictures showing what deficiencies lead to aging in certain areas.

Yes, that's understandable. But how does one increase or replace aldosterone?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals