Post Your Urea Success Stories

EchoTango

My cat recently got into a cat fight and because he won't back off, he got plenty of wounds on his face and on one eye. I used about a 30% urea solution and applied it on the wounds with cotton, and stealth dropped on his eyes (he was evasive). I didn't add saline but over a few days he recovered. At his worst, his eyelids were inflamed and very watery, that a lot of fluid was draining also through his nose. It seemed like he had a cold, but knowing the cause I wasn't treating it as a cold. He recovered over a week with steady improvements.

I didn't try mixing it in a 0.9% saline isotonic solution of water but I suppose if I did my cat wouldn't be avoiding the urea drops as much.

I think your idea is good and worth a try. It wouldn't hurt as it healed my cat. You have to play around with the concentration to find one that suits you.
Thanks for your report, and I'm happy your cat is healed!

A 30% solution sounds like a reasonable idea for making a trial solution of eye drops. Any homemade solution I use for my eyes I boil well and discard after a day. I have good results also with a wash that includes a little goldenseal tincture, but the properties of urea seem like they could help heal and strengthen the tissues at the root level.

I'll be back with results soon.

yerrag

A 30% solution sounds like a reasonable idea for making a trial solution of eye drops. Any homemade solution I use for my eyes I boil well and discard after a day. I have good results also with a wash that includes a little goldenseal tincture, but the properties of urea seem like they could help heal and strengthen the tissues at the root level.

you're welcome.

I was thinking that you may not need the saline solution with the urea. Urea is osmotically neutral (for lackbof a better word) so it won't irritate your eyes like plain water would.

AlisonG

If you ended-up making those eye drops, would love to hear your review.

EchoTango

If you ended-up making those eye drops, would love to hear your review.
Thanks for reminding me to update.
I tried using both a 30% and 20% solution of urea in boiled water in a little glass eye wash cup. Both solutions stung my eye terribly for a few minutes which made me panic, then later everything calmed down without any harm.

I do think these solutions would have worked much better if only 1 or 2 drops were placed in the eye (rather than washing with the full 10ml or so of solution present in the eye cups). I may try that with a dropper bottle in the future, but I think the solution will need to be mixed fresh and possibly refrigerated.

Anyone know the half-life of urea in a solution of water? Or what the shelf-life would be refrigerated?

PhilParma

Don't mix urea with alcohol unless you want the mother of all hangovers. I've been drinking more than usual lately, and it seems to have been causing my feet to swell, especially my left foot (good movie btw.) So I tried large doses of urea, up to 60 or 70 grams total spread throughout the day. The large doses of urea got rid of the foot swelling completely. However, the urea increased the incidence and the severity of alcohol hangovers. Urea seems to be dehydrating, and it definitely increased urination frequency.

AlisonG

Don't mix urea with alcohol unless you want the mother of all hangovers. I've been drinking more than usual lately, and it seems to have been causing my feet to swell, especially my left foot (good movie btw.) So I tried large doses of urea, up to 60 or 70 grams total spread throughout the day. The large doses of urea got rid of the foot swelling completely. However, the urea increased the incidence and the severity of alcohol hangovers. Urea seems to be dehydrating, and it definitely increased urination frequency.
Loved that movie, too 🤙 So cool that Urea was helpful for your swelling. I experimented with about 20 grams for a few days, but the increased urge for urination scared me a bit. It did go away, so I may try it again if I have cause to.
Something has been different about my hands for the last few years, so that when I injure a finger, the pain is way WAY worse than it used to be and it takes longer to heal. I think it might be circulatory? Anyway, I burned my finger last week (frying donuts in coconut oil, ha!) This burn hurt like hell for two hours. If I didn't keep ice on it, it was excruciating. After the second hour, I remembered about urea and burns (was it in this thread? I don't remember...) I put some urine in a cup and stuck my finger in it. I considered making up a batch of urea solution instead, but I was curious to see what urine would do on its own since it's so much easier to come by. (Also using urine was provocative for the family, and I must enjoy this a little) I checked the burn after an hour and it was pain-free. Will definitely remember tor do this earlier next time! Love this thread.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals