Pau D'Arco Better Than Methylene Blue

aarfai

From personal experiences is Pau D'Arco capsule or tea better for systemic effects?

As some of you know Peat has mentioned Pau D'Arco as being a good natural alternative to methylene blue in that it will reduce NO synthesis and restore metabolism.

Ive been experimenting with the swanson brand of Pau D'arco the last few days and noticing some amazing benefits, with none of the serotonin raising effects of methylene blue. Energy up, sleeping better, a few pains and aches i had have gone away, cognitively more switched on.

I would highly recommend it.
Still getting benefits?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Still getting benefits?
Yeah I love the stuff but I'm not taking it every day. I need to do some research on

Alkaloids (tecomine)
Steroid Saponins

I'm not sure how bad they are. As far as I can tell there's no obvious negatives but I need to research more

LucH

Have you got any more info on these two and why they're bad?
Extract:
Legumes and pseudo-grains (like quinoa and amaranth) are high in saponins. All plants contain saponins, often concentrated in the seed of the plant. These compounds have detergent-like properties and are designed to protect the plants from consumption by microbes and insects by dissolving the cell membranes of these potential predators. Saponins consist of a fat-soluble core (having either a steroid or triterpenoid structure) with one or more side chains of water-soluble carbohydrates (this combination of both a water-soluble and a fat-soluble component is what makes saponin act like a detergent, i.e., something that can make oil and water mix). This detergent-like structure gives saponins the ability to interact with the cholesterol molecules imbedded in the surface membrane of every cell in the body and rearrange those cholesterol molecules to form a stable, pore-like complex. Basically, dietary saponins create holes in the surface membrane of the cells which line the gut (enterocytes), allowing a variety of substances found in the gut to enter the cell.
PS: If you d'ont abuse, it will be ok. A good night will repair tight junctions.

Attachments

• Saponins and Protease Inhibitors of grains and legumes.docx
    279.9 KB · Views: 20

LucH

Alkaloids are not bad if ...
Plants use alkaloids as a way of defense. It's dose dependent.
Coffee contains an alkaloid. Berberine too.

Inaut

I’ve used pau d’arco in tea form on and off for quite a few years now but never really noticed much of an effect. Maybe I didn’t use it long enough or maybe my brews weren’t strong enough...??

Anyways......

Just recently I found a tincture that I made with it and have been testing it out mainly orally but now topically on my eczema. I know alcohol(vodka) may not be the best solvent to extract the beneficial constituents but I have noticed a significant difference in effect (as compared to brewing the tea). I just ordered 2 more pounds and will try a different alcohol for extraction.

Does anybody have any suggestions or recommendations for solvents? (I’m scared to use dmso.....) or reasons to avoid the tinctured extracts? I almost think the alcohol is useful for taking it straight to my liver.

Just my 2 pence

OP
ddjd

ddjd

We are finding the same with Pau D'Arco, it is incredible. We are still working on the best source available to offer it on our store as we feel that Pau D'Arco can help a lot of people. Besides the metabolic boosting and healing properties of it, with some honey and lemon it makes a delicious tea. No doubt though, Pau D'Arco is some amazing stuff.
How do you make the tea?

larry h

As some of you know Peat has mentioned Pau D'Arco as being a good natural alternative to methylene blue in that it will reduce NO synthesis and restore metabolism.

Ive been experimenting with the swanson brand of Pau D'arco the last few days and noticing some amazing benefits, with none of the serotonin raising effects of methylene blue. Energy up, sleeping better, a few pains and aches i had have gone away, cognitively more switched on.

I would highly recommend it.
WHAT ARE YOU TAKING, THE ALCOHOL EXTRACT OR THE TEA FROM SWANSONS?

larry h

Swanson Pau D'arco capsules
very interesting, just 1 500 mg capsule of pau... i have taken as many as 8 a day, for prostate issues, with really no resolution.. no adverse effects. Always have known that the active ingredient in pau, must be extract via hot water extraction...simmer 2 tablespoons of pau in 1 quart of water for 25 minutes. Strain, and drink a quart a day. Many remissions for cancer via this route. Actually, the most dramatic was when the dosage increases to 2 1/2 to 3 quarts a day until remission/regression.

homyak

very interesting, just 1 500 mg capsule of pau... i have taken as many as 8 a day, for prostate issues, with really no resolution.. no adverse effects. Always have known that the active ingredient in pau, must be extract via hot water extraction...simmer 2 tablespoons of pau in 1 quart of water for 25 minutes. Strain, and drink a quart a day. Many remissions for cancer via this route. Actually, the most dramatic was when the dosage increases to 2 1/2 to 3 quarts a day until remission/regression.

Any references supporting this regarding cancer remission?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals