Idealabs Recommendation (Overcoming Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction)

OP
Brooks Esq.

Brooks Esq.

not sure this is relevant, but there is some discussion of 5ht1 agonists/antagonists in this thread.
Yes we have discussed this, and the role of 5ht1a will be reviewed thoroughly by myself. But I'm skeptical as to whether or not 5ht1a is the sole culprit

nostalgic

A lot of people on this forum speak of fenclonine, which does NOT lower brain serotonin but actually causes the brain to store serototin
Does that mean that the serotonin in the brain is inactive for as long as you keep taking fenclonine? And as soon as you quit you'll get higher levels of it?

ddjd

Androsterone basically removed my libido, i went from a full blooded male to not even thinking about sex, let alone getting any errections . Not in a terrible way, didn't bother me as it always comes back after a few days if not taking it.

I'm not sure of the mechanism behind this but I think it lowers estrogen so much so that libido plummets? Maybe someone can tell me...

nomoreketones

Hello and thank you for your message. Yes I am still conducting research, within the next 4 months, I plan to finally prove or disprove the two most popular beliefs on what causes PSSD; 5ht1a desensitation and a downregulation of the serotonin transporter by tryptophan hydrolase (SERT).

Any updates? Was this proven or disproven?

Mr.Tayto

Following. Any updates with an idealabs supplement?
Ive ******* had enough of this ***t now! 8 ****** years, the prime of my 20s taken from me by shitty doctors and big pharma. I didnt even have depression, i asked for sleeping pills and was put on Zoloft!!! Wtf!!! I need a cure, WE need a cure!!!

Hello guys and gals,

My name is Brooks. I was hoping some of you could help me. I study Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD), I have authored one article about the role of ion channels in this disorder. I came seeking some advice. I believe the underlying culprit of this disorder is a desensitation of the 5ht1a post-synaptic receptor. However, I do believe that at least part of the disorder is a result of neurosteroids and androgen Dysfunction, and possibly allopregnanolone. Some clues to curing this I believe are hidden within the underlying causes to Post Finasterdide Syndrome. The Dark Side of 5α-Reductase Inhibitors' Therapy: Sexual Dysfunction, High Gleason Grade Prostate Cancer and Depression

Here is another study of Allopregnanolone being affected by SSRIS Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors directly alter activity of neurosteroidogenic enzymes

Between the two products Idealabs offers, 5a-dhp and androsterone, which would be the better one to go with to test for my research? Or should I try both?

Thank you, Brooks
Are you still looking into this? If so would you mind if I send you a PM?

Jib

I was recently on Rexulti (basically Abilify) and got severe premature ejaculation from it. It is a partial 5-HT1A agonist. It hasn't resolved since stopping it over a month ago. So I think there is a lot to that particular receptor in this condition. I've heard of cases with SSRI's where people got premature ejaculation after discontinuing them. So the exact mechanism is not clear and seems to affect people differently.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I've not used 5a-DHP but have been using androsterone for quite some time; I've had sleep issues for many years and this one has had the most profound effect on calming my brain and assisting with restful sleep. For me personally, I put it up there for the effectiveness as an anti histamine like cyproheptadine
How much androsterone have you been using each day?
What time of day?

Velve921

How much androsterone have you been using each day?
What time of day?

I haven't used it in a few years now.

When I first tried it I was using upto 8 drops before bedtime and it knocked me out.

Eventually, over years, it started stimulating me where I couldn't do it before bed time anymore.

In light of the 2020 event, my metabolism has changed dramatically where my adrenaline and cortisol have been excessively elevated and I can no longer use things like Andro, Thyroid, Preg, Prog, and coffee or I become too stimulated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals