Has anyone here got a smart meter removed? (UK People)

Jayvee

I'm trying to get my smart meter removed but dont have the foggiest idea where to start. My Energy company tells me they cant be removed and electricians I have spoke to (so far) are just not even entertaining it. Any ideas?

Peatress

This organisation might be able to help. They have a telephone number on the contact page.

There's another UK organisation dealing with smart meters but I don't remember their name. The link is posted on this thread but you will have to search

From the article

Can you refuse a smart meter?

Smart meters are not mandatory and billpayers can refuse to have the devices installed, and you can do this indefinitely.

However, energy companies can force customers to replace their current meter if it is deemed a safety hazard or is no longer functioning correctly.

Consumers who already have a smart meter can ask for the device to be removed at any time. However, suppliers can charge customers a fee to cover this cost.

Last edited:

purple pill

NOt sure about removal process but maybe adding emf shielding around it, tin foil may help bring down (caution needed here). Not sure if emf is your main concern?. My main refusal of them is extra emf in the house and remote powercuts in the future... Ive had quite a few pushy guys round my way trying to get in to fit them, they keep asking my reasons....refuse to even give them my reasons, theyll be well versed in peoples objections and trained to come back with some bs so dont even engage. Not looking forward to ever having to move tho, no doubt theyll already be there so keep us ppsted if you succeed

OP
Jayvee

Jayvee

Thanks guys! Massive help that. My main concern is EMF, I thinking blocking EMF from the meter itself is half the battle, it seems to affect the whole house through the sockets too. I might have tracked down an electrician who will remove it. They are probably going to think I'm crazy but im okay with that
I'll also look into the links you sent @Peatress thank you so much for that!!!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals