Post Penicillin (?) IBS/leakygut-like, lower intestine/upper pubic area pain, GERD, nausea. Have some possible solutions Please Help

redsun

Thanks so much, I don't even know what to say. Thanks for looking into things you didn't even have to - this forum really humbles me sometimes.

I'm still digesting everything you've written but yes, smoking has absolutely wrecked me especially since picking it back up again 4 years ago. I've been in denial about it. Had no idea about how bad nicotine+aspirin is - I even took an aspirin in the middle of the night before I read this post ; woke up with an awful switch center right and pain breathing. Panicked and took an aspirin - not surprising it did nothing. After waking and eating a bunch of eggs, some jute leaf spinach, chicken wing soup and rice its finally gone. Must've been like 7-8 hours. Vasoconstriction or some kind of lactic acidosis? I dnno. I haven't smoked in 24 hours or so and I'm done with the aspirin. All I can do now is make the changes and keep reading through your post for anything I missed and digest through it. Vitamin E is on its way.

Again, thank you.

@ThazMYchocolate I really appreciate you and thanks for getting redsun to take a look into this :)

I was just recently in a thread not too long ago about aspirin-induced asthma. So another reason why aspirin could worsen some effects of smoking since smoking is already damaging to the lungs as it is.

That's great you are finally off. I am confident you can pull through and start claiming your health back.

OP
H

Hairfedup

:hearteyes: that's great! (smoking really wrecked me too, I totes get it, it took a doctor to tell me to stop)

Much love :) Its crazy how smoking seemingly doesn't effect most of my friends but can just wreck certain individuals in mad short spaces of time. I wonder if its to do with individual mitochondrial function, maybe to do with maternal haplogroups as they differ in how they govern mitochondrial function depending on the group you've inherited. Sorry this is hella offtopic. I needa make a thread about this one day.

I was just recently in a thread not too long ago about aspirin-induced asthma. So another reason why aspirin could worsen some effects of smoking since smoking is already damaging to the lungs as it is.

That's great you are finally off. I am confident you can pull through and start claiming your health back.

Just a few follow up questions for you if you don't mind - I can suddenly breathe without pressure in my head which is crazy. I can't believe how potent aspirin really is. Apparently glutamine is also a vasodilator from what I read, so I was taking a cocktail of damage thinking I was doing the right thing.

I saw you mentioned fermented milk, so was wondering if you mean things like keffir/ayran? What are your thoughts on l casei cultures? I've got a fridge full of actimel but didn't drink it because peskypeater said it might be dangerous and recommended those bactilus spores. Prior to the pencillin I didn't have any problems south of my navel and I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to hold up without glutamine, the tenderness and colon trouble persist. Smoking + aspirin cessation should be enough? Can I continue the glutamine as long as I stay away from the vasoconstrictive actions? I know its way too early to even tell, so sorry about this. I just hate being out of control even though its something I have to accept.

I guess I'll give it a month and then follow up here. Its only been two days but I don't feel like I'm literally about to die anymore - I'm shocked.

redsun

Much love :) Its crazy how smoking seemingly doesn't effect most of my friends but can just wreck certain individuals in mad short spaces of time. I wonder if its to do with individual mitochondrial function, maybe to do with maternal haplogroups as they differ in how they govern mitochondrial function depending on the group you've inherited. Sorry this is hella offtopic. I needa make a thread about this one day.

Just a few follow up questions for you if you don't mind - I can suddenly breathe without pressure in my head which is crazy. I can't believe how potent aspirin really is. Apparently glutamine is also a vasodilator from what I read, so I was taking a cocktail of damage thinking I was doing the right thing.

I saw you mentioned fermented milk, so was wondering if you mean things like keffir/ayran? What are your thoughts on l casei cultures? I've got a fridge full of actimel but didn't drink it because peskypeater said it might be dangerous and recommended those bactilus spores. Prior to the pencillin I didn't have any problems south of my navel and I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to hold up without glutamine, the tenderness and colon trouble persist. Smoking + aspirin cessation should be enough? Can I continue the glutamine as long as I stay away from the vasoconstrictive actions? I know its way too early to even tell, so sorry about this. I just hate being out of control even though its something I have to accept.

I guess I'll give it a month and then follow up here. Its only been two days but I don't feel like I'm literally about to die anymore - I'm shocked.
Yes kefir/yogurts type foods work.

I generally think probiotic foods are not harmful. I am not aware of harmful effects from L. casei particularly. There is research showing numerous positive effects. Theres this one showing it may be helpful for reducing bowel injury caused by aspirin:

If glutamine is helping you, then it may be alright to take.

OP
H

Hairfedup

Yes kefir/yogurts type foods work.

I generally think probiotic foods are not harmful. I am not aware of harmful effects from L. casei particularly. There is research showing numerous positive effects. Theres this one showing it may be helpful for reducing bowel injury caused by aspirin:

If glutamine is helping you, then it may be alright to take.

Fantastic, that's great to know. I've been thinking about fermenting some traditional grain products but I'm a little hesitant based on some of the papers I've seen discussing the bacteria that may form : African Sorghum-Based Fermented Foods: Past, Current and Future Prospects

and : the mean pH value of sorghum powder samples decreased in fermented and cooked fermented porridge, respectively. Bacillus (B.) cereus was detected in all 15 sorghum powder samples, while Escherichia (E.) coli was detected in 53%, Clostridium perfringens in 27%, Listeria monocytogenes in 13% and Aeromonas spp., Salmonella spp., Staphylococcus aureus, Shigella spp. and Yersinia spp., each in 7% of sorghum powder samples. Of the fermented porridge samples, 40% contained B. cereus and 7% contained E. coli. None of the pathogens tested for were detected in cooked fermented porridge samples. B. cereus (53%), B. subtilis (21%), B. thuringiensis (13%), B. licheniformis (10%) and B. coagulans (3%) were identified from 120 isolates randomly selected from spore count plates of the highest dilution showing growth.

As an update I was wondering about your thoughts regarding the magnesium supplementing. Quitting smoking is trickier than I thought it would be. Since I've smoked a few the past few days my gut is thankfully fine now (really happy about this ) but the chest pains and headaches returned and another toe nail is starting to brown and blacken, surely and quite rapidly. The thought that its too late starts swimming around in my mind which makes things like cessations even harder. I think I felt so great and so quickly that I lulled myself into denial to basically just start living how I was but while eating well.

I'm going to try my all over this coming week. I just can't get my head around how being a light smoker is causing such destruction, I'm sorry for the obvious/duh right commentary - its absolutely wrecking me but that part of my brain just refuses to accept.

About the magnesium, I did notice that the "lipoma" on the inside of my forearm and tricep reduced in size by 50% when I was taking magnesium last month - perhaps they aren't lipoma at all and are linked to the vascular issues? They feel much harder than what the doctor described, very solid and plaque like instead of squishy which I've noticed in others with genuine lipoma. Would be grateful for your thoughts on this. But I'm hesitant to return back to the magnesium without addressing everything else first though of course.

redsun

Fantastic, that's great to know. I've been thinking about fermenting some traditional grain products but I'm a little hesitant based on some of the papers I've seen discussing the bacteria that may form : African Sorghum-Based Fermented Foods: Past, Current and Future Prospects

As an update I was wondering about your thoughts regarding the magnesium supplementing. Quitting smoking is trickier than I thought it would be. Since I've smoked a few the past few days my gut is thankfully fine now (really happy about this ) but the chest pains and headaches returned and another toe nail is starting to brown and blacken, surely and quite rapidly. The thought that its too late starts swimming around in my mind which makes things like cessations even harder. I think I felt so great and so quickly that I lulled myself into denial to basically just start living how I was but while eating well.

I'm going to try my all over this coming week. I just can't get my head around how being a light smoker is causing such destruction, I'm sorry for the obvious/duh right commentary - its absolutely wrecking me but that part of my brain just refuses to accept.

About the magnesium, I did notice that the "lipoma" on the inside of my forearm and tricep reduced in size by 50% when I was taking magnesium last month - perhaps they aren't lipoma at all and are linked to the vascular issues? They feel much harder than what the doctor described, very solid and plaque like instead of squishy which I've noticed in others with genuine lipoma. Would be grateful for your thoughts on this. But I'm hesitant to return back to the magnesium without addressing everything else first though of course.
My man, that is the addicted part of your brain talking. It will do everything it can to keep you smoking even as you watch your body fall apart right in front of your eyes. So as long as you can recognize that, you should be able quit and stay off for good. Lipomas are considered benign tumors. Not dangerous but I wouldn't be surprised if smoking increases risk of developing them since it damages the vascular system.

You can take magnesium if you want but I would not take more than 200mg a day. You should already get quite a bit from eating healthy foods. Excess magnesium can dull the mind through too much NMDA antagonism in my experience.

OP
H

Hairfedup

My man, that is the addicted part of your brain talking. It will do everything it can to keep you smoking even as you watch your body fall apart right in front of your eyes. So as long as you can recognize that, you should be able quit and stay off for good. Lipomas are considered benign tumors. Not dangerous but I wouldn't be surprised if smoking increases risk of developing them since it damages the vascular system.

You can take magnesium if you want but I would not take more than 200mg a day. You should already get quite a bit from eating healthy foods. Excess magnesium can dull the mind through too much NMDA antagonism in my experience.

Aw man I know, its insane. That's good to know about the magnesium, I've been taking around 200mg a day and without it all the past symptoms rush back. Hyper ventilation, chest pains, pressure in my head and face, tingling in the lips, toe nails continue to brown, you name it. Is it possible I've induced, either through smoking or antibiotics or both, a magnesium deficiency? mostlylurking suggested that might be the case. I feel like I'm losing my mind here! I felt on top of the world for a few days and boom - I know, I know, its part of the process its just so disheartening though.

A lot if not all of what this guy Urgent: Runaway heart rate and general illness after penicillin. went through sound very similar to my experience post penicillin also, only I think I'm through the absolute worst of it, and am suffering from vasoconstriction (around a year) in conjunction to this if that makes sense. Sorry for my noob rambling, I'm just not sure Imma be able to make it through all of this.

Aw man I know, its insane. That's good to know about the magnesium, I've been taking around 200mg a day and without it all the past symptoms rush back. Hyper ventilation, chest pains, pressure in my head and face, tingling in the lips, toe nails continue to brown, you name it. Is it possible I've induced, either through smoking or antibiotics or both, a magnesium deficiency? mostlylurking suggested that might be the case. I feel like I'm losing my mind here! I felt on top of the world for a few days and boom - I know, I know, its part of the process its just so disheartening though.

A lot if not all of what this guy Urgent: Runaway heart rate and general illness after penicillin. went through sound very similar to my experience post penicillin also, only I think I'm through the absolute worst of it, and am suffering from vasoconstriction (around a year) in conjunction to this if that makes sense. Sorry for my noob rambling, I'm just not sure Imma be able to make it through all of this.
vasoconstriction is definitely not helped by smoking, in fact, when a smoker gets a finger (for example) re-attached to their body they are strictly warned to not smoke or the vasoconstriction will kill off their body part. Even a little smoking does a lot of harm.

By any chance did you get the gas when you got your tooth pulled? The gas is a known B12 oxidizer, it severely reduces your B12, which is bad.

Also having poor intestinal absorption for too long can cause many deficiencies. B12 deficiency is serious...it doesn't hurt to just take some B12 for a while and see how it goes...many "normal" people need more of this vitamin. Taking all the B's together is best for balance.

from wikipedia--

"In moderate deficiency, feeling tired, anemia, soreness of the tongue, mouth ulcers, breathlessness, feeling faint, rapid heartbeat, low blood pressure, pallor, hair loss, decreased ability to think and severe joint pain and the beginning of neurological symptoms, including abnormal sensations such as pins and needles, numbness and tinnitus may occur"

redsun

The strain on your antioxidant system and on your ability to heal caused by smoking, aspirin, stress, etc probably left you depleted as a general rule. You need to be consistent. You will feel like crap sometimes, sometimes you will feel good, but with consistent avoidance of smoking you will overtime be in a spot that is 100x better than the one you are currently in. Its not easy but it can be done. You need good food, plenty of rest and most importantly patience. Rome wasn't built in a day and you unfortunately cannot go from the state you are in to legitamately good health in such a short time. But it can be done.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals