Post Penicillin (?) IBS/leakygut-like, lower intestine/upper pubic area pain, GERD, nausea. Have some possible solutions Please Help

mostlylurking

I wonder if I'm suffering from vasoconstriction due to high cholesterol+smoking (immediately feel it after one puff) but it seems strange how this started overnight since these gut issues began.
Multiple assaults tend to pile up and then adding a little bitty tiny thing (just one puff) will topple the whole thing. The gut issues increase inflammation. That inflammation gets out into the vascular system and affects it. You add just a tee tiny bit of additional inflammatory things in "one puff" and there ya go.

suggested reading:

Or perhaps I already have vascular issues (pinky toe nails gone black for a while now)
Not a good sign. Do your shoes fit right? I had to go to larger (wider) sizes as I aged because my arches gave way and my feet spread out.

OP
H

Hairfedup

are your shoes too tight?

Nope there actually quite comfortable, I had a thread about this early in the year and it was never resolved - I was checked up and doctors saw no broken veins or swelling. At the time I had constant sensations in my calves and even up to my neck, constant twitching etc. After TUDCA for a month that disappeared but the toe nails remain black.

Multiple assaults tend to pile up and then adding a little bitty tiny thing (just one puff) will topple the whole thing. The gut issues increase inflammation. That inflammation gets out into the vascular system and affects it. You add just a tee tiny bit of additional inflammatory things in "one puff" and there ya go.

suggested reading:

Not a good sign. Do your shoes fit right? I had to go to larger (wider) sizes as I aged because my arches gave way and my feet spread out.

Wow okay, I understand. Cigarettes are straight in the bin now. I've been supping magnesium and b-complex for the thiamine but things are getting worrying no only with the chest and jaw pain but breathlessness also. I also have a constant salty taste in my mouth which is very strange.

I had a thread on the toes going black and constant twitching and electric type sensations in my calves and other parts of my body : Swollen Calves/Lower Body, discomfort/pressure in back/spine/kidney area (unknown cause?) Please advise, struggling immensely.

TUDCA helped a lot but in the end I was left with extreme migraines + constant pressure behind my eyes and breathlessness so went to the emergency room and they found nothing. I slowly got over that though but as the toes remained black its something I've been keeping an eye on. My arches are fine I think, I remember it was the left pinky toe first that slowly got darker and darker, and then the right slowly followed. Now with the gut I'm not sure what to even address first other than smoking cessation immediately.

mostlylurking

and jaw pain but breathlessness also. I also have a constant salty taste in my mouth which is very strange.
Have you been to the dentist? Do you have an infection caused by a cavitation that resulted from an old tooth extraction gone bad? Metallic taste? An infection could exacerbate any inflammation problem you may have from your gut issue.
I had a thread on the toes going black and constant twitching and electric type sensations in my calves and other parts of my body :
Which came first, the jaw pain or the leg & toe issue? What you are describing could be a magnesium deficiency. Or a thiamine deficiency. Or systemic infection from a dental problem. Or all of the above.
Now with the gut I'm not sure what to even address first other than smoking cessation immediately.
Quitting smoking is a good idea. Dealing with your gut is important; Ray Peat recommended thiamine and magnesium to help heal my gut. It worked, but I personally needed high dose thiamine. Supplementing with thiamine will improve your tolerance to magnesium.

View: https://youtu.be/pBxWivhBdpA

so looks like you go back and forth with smoking a lot. FYI smoking can wreck your thyroid. And a wrecked thyroid can mean your body doesn't heal properly. Looking at your other thread you are going through a lot of unexplainable stuff that could be your thyroid not working well enough for your body to cope with normal insults. But that is just my personal experience, once my thyroid went down hill after quitting smoking I was a mess for years.

Gut problems were one of the big things I dealt with.

OP
H

Hairfedup

Have you been to the dentist? Do you have an infection caused by a cavitation that resulted from an old tooth extraction gone bad? Metallic taste? An infection could exacerbate any inflammation problem you may have from your gut issue.

Which came first, the jaw pain or the leg & toe issue? What you are describing could be a magnesium deficiency. Or a thiamine deficiency. Or systemic infection from a dental problem. Or all of the above.

Quitting smoking is a good idea. Dealing with your gut is important; Ray Peat recommended thiamine and magnesium to help heal my gut. It worked, but I personally needed high dose thiamine. Supplementing with thiamine will improve your tolerance to magnesium.

View: https://youtu.be/pBxWivhBdpA

I've not returned to the dentist since I had my molar removed - that's the reason I self medicated and took the pencillin as I was in a lot of pain after round 2 weeks I figured I may have had an infection. But then of course something's happened to my gut or more likely the colon [based on how low the pain/discomfort is] due to the pencillin or whatever suspected infection I had. The taste is actually mostly just very salty but at night it can be a little metallic when I'm in bed.

The leg pain was early in the year and more or less corrected itself, the pain in jaw shoulders and chest only really appeared after I posted this thread. Because I self medicated perhaps I still have an infection of sorts that's gone systematic? I have no idea. I don't have a fever or what I'd associate with an infection but it could be there. Maybe I need TUDCA before anything else as my liver might be functioning poorly hence the pencillin didn't work properly or - I really don't know where to start.

So right now I'm taking aspirin, magnesium, the b complex and some k2 mostly so I don't have a heart attack which is really feels could happen. I had to run some errands earlier and found myself needing a cigarette and immediately felt sharp pangs in my chest and that jaw ache appear. The colon discomfort and bowel remains the same - I don't know whether to try glutamine on my current stack plus thiamine or quit all the rest and try the glutamine alone.

so looks like you go back and forth with smoking a lot. FYI smoking can wreck your thyroid. And a wrecked thyroid can mean your body doesn't heal properly. Looking at your other thread you are going through a lot of unexplainable stuff that could be your thyroid not working well enough for your body to cope with normal insults. But that is just my personal experience, once my thyroid went down hill after quitting smoking I was a mess for years.

Gut problems were one of the big things I dealt with.

Yeah sounds about right - its just since this pencillin I've been a complete mess. I was just about getting by decently prior to this on my daily aspirin+k2. I'm trying to keep my head above water here but I think I might be losing it honestly.

I've not returned to the dentist since I had my molar removed - that's the reason I self medicated and took the pencillin as I was in a lot of pain after round 2 weeks I figured I may have had an infection. But then of course something's happened to my gut or more likely the colon [based on how low the pain/discomfort is] due to the pencillin or whatever suspected infection I had. The taste is actually mostly just very salty but at night it can be a little metallic when I'm in bed.

Is the extraction site still healing? could be that
The leg pain was early in the year and more or less corrected itself, the pain in jaw shoulders and chest only really appeared after I posted this thread. Because I self medicated perhaps I still have an infection of sorts that's gone systematic? I have no idea. I don't have a fever or what I'd associate with an infection but it could be there.

So right now I'm taking aspirin, magnesium, the b complex and some k2 mostly so I don't have a heart attack which is really feels could happen. I had to run some errands earlier and found myself needing a cigarette and immediately felt sharp pangs in my chest and that jaw ache appear. The colon discomfort and bowel remains the same - I don't know whether to try glutamine on my current stack plus thiamine or quit all the rest and try the glutamine alone.

Yeah sounds about right - its just since this pencillin I've been a complete mess. I was just about getting by decently prior to this on my daily aspirin+k2. I'm trying to keep my head above water here but I think I might be losing it honestly.

Sometimes aspirin can do some harm, you could try laying off of it for a while, I read that you have used it for a long time. It could really be that simple.

Cigs too. It sounds like you are going to have to decide within yourself to quit things that may be harming you.

mostlylurking

I've not returned to the dentist since I had my molar removed - that's the reason I self medicated and took the pencillin as I was in a lot of pain after round 2 weeks I figured I may have had an infection.
If you have an infected closed pocket left from the socket where the tooth was, you need to get to a competent dentist/oral surgeon who knows what they are doing. When a molar is removed, the dentist is supposed to ream out the socket so that the empty socket can fill with healthy bone material so that an empty socket (under the healed gum) doesn't happen because it will get infected and can cause a bone infection in the jaw. This type of infection, because of the location, is dangerous. If it were me, I'd make an appointment with a good dentist, environmental, or one with their mastery accreditation.
Because I self medicated perhaps I still have an infection of sorts that's gone systematic? I have no idea.
If you have an abscess in the old socket, just taking some antibiotics won't fix it. You'll need to get the dead bone removed and the area cleaned out properly so it can heal.
The colon discomfort and bowel remains the same - I don't know whether to try glutamine on my current stack plus thiamine or quit all the rest and try the glutamine alone.
I don't know your situation. I've been taking l-glutamine for about 20 days now and all diverticulitis symptoms have gone away. I plan to continue taking the l-glutamine for another 10 days to be sure I'm healed.

mostlylurking

@Hairfedup If you suspect there may be a connection between your tooth extraction and your jaw pain, you might want to look into "cavitations".

here's a short video about it: EDIT: although I go to this dentist and he really knows his stuff, I have never allowed them to x-ray me. I supposed there's times when you've gotta let them do it, but my thyroid and my brain have already had my life's quota for damage.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6daGnI63XjA&t=1s

Last edited:
OP
H

Hairfedup

Is the extraction site still healing? could be that

Sometimes aspirin can do some harm, you could try laying off of it for a while, I read that you have used it for a long time. It could really be that simple.

Cigs too. It sounds like you are going to have to decide within yourself to quit things that may be harming you.

It seems to have fully healed - the jaw pain is linked to the chest and arm pain I think its vascular for sure. It doesn't feel at all like when I had tooth problems there. I know I need to make changes but I'm a mess rn.

If you have an infected closed pocket left from the socket where the tooth was, you need to get to a competent dentist/oral surgeon who knows what they are doing. When a molar is removed, the dentist is supposed to ream out the socket so that the empty socket can fill with healthy bone material so that an empty socket (under the healed gum) doesn't happen because it will get infected and can cause a bone infection in the jaw. This type of infection, because of the location, is dangerous. If it were me, I'd make an appointment with a good dentist, environmental, or one with their mastery accreditation.

If you have an abscess in the old socket, just taking some antibiotics won't fix it. You'll need to get the dead bone removed and the area cleaned out properly so it can heal.

I don't know your situation. I've been taking l-glutamine for about 20 days now and all diverticulitis symptoms have gone away. I plan to continue taking the l-glutamine for another 10 days to be sure I'm healed.

I went to a fantastic dentist with all of the accreditation I think that's exactly what they did as the bone under the tooth was already infected as they told me. I really don't think this jaw pain is linked to the tooth removal in of itself, but something more vascular if that makes sense. All I can do now is make some changes and try what's been recommended.

edit: the reason I had to self medicate was because I'd spent so much on the initial removal I could't afford to go back lol

Last edited:

mostlylurking

It seems to have fully healed - the jaw pain is linked to the chest and arm pain I think its vascular for sure. It doesn't feel at all like when I had tooth problems there. I know I need to make changes but I'm a mess rn.

I went to a fantastic dentist with all of the accreditation I think that's exactly what they did as the bone under the tooth was already infected as they told me. I really don't think this jaw pain is linked to the tooth removal in of itself, but something more vascular if that makes sense. All I can do now is make some changes and try what's been recommended.

edit: the reason I had to self medicate was because I'd spent so much on the initial removal I could't afford to go back lol
So the bone was already infected? Did they mention to you the steps they took to address that? Have you considered the possibility that there is an infection/bone necrosis (osteomyelitis) in your jaw that is spreading via your vascular system to your heart?

"Treatment of osteomyelitis of the jaws is complicated by the presence of teeth and persistent exposure to the oral environment. Antibiotic therapy needs to be prolonged, often for weeks to months.84 Clindamycin and moxifloxacin have excellent bioavailability in bone tissue, and either is recommended. Adjuvant therapy with hyperbaric oxygen may prove beneficial in hastening the healing process, but its overall efficacy remains controversial. In one study of 33 patients with early chronic osteomyelitis of the jaw, 79% were free of symptoms 10 to 34 months after hyperbaric therapy combined with surgical débridement.98 Osteoradionecrosis (ORN) refers to osteomyelitis occurring after dental extraction, usually from the mandible that was included in a radiation port. ORN responds poorly to antimicrobial therapy alone. Surgical removal of necrotic bone, closure of the mucosa over the socket, and prolonged antibiotic therapy may be required. In other forms of osteomyelitis, surgical management, including sequestrectomy, saucerization, decortication, and closed-wound suction irrigation is also occasionally necessary. In a few advanced cases, the entire segment of the infected jaw may have to be resected."

OP
H

Hairfedup

So the bone was already infected? Did they mention to you the steps they took to address that? Have you considered the possibility that there is an infection/bone necrosis (osteomyelitis) in your jaw that is spreading via your vascular system to your heart?

"Treatment of osteomyelitis of the jaws is complicated by the presence of teeth and persistent exposure to the oral environment. Antibiotic therapy needs to be prolonged, often for weeks to months.84 Clindamycin and moxifloxacin have excellent bioavailability in bone tissue, and either is recommended. Adjuvant therapy with hyperbaric oxygen may prove beneficial in hastening the healing process, but its overall efficacy remains controversial. In one study of 33 patients with early chronic osteomyelitis of the jaw, 79% were free of symptoms 10 to 34 months after hyperbaric therapy combined with surgical débridement.98 Osteoradionecrosis (ORN) refers to osteomyelitis occurring after dental extraction, usually from the mandible that was included in a radiation port. ORN responds poorly to antimicrobial therapy alone. Surgical removal of necrotic bone, closure of the mucosa over the socket, and prolonged antibiotic therapy may be required. In other forms of osteomyelitis, surgical management, including sequestrectomy, saucerization, decortication, and closed-wound suction irrigation is also occasionally necessary. In a few advanced cases, the entire segment of the infected jaw may have to be resected."

Yeah I believe she said something to that effect, I can't recall fully to be honest. Surely I would have a constant pain in my jaw especially the side or at the site of the removal? The only thing I can do in this situation is go to the emergency room and detail to them what happened and see if they can diagnose an infection I guess

Yes I believe she grafted everything out, honestly can't recall properly. As of right now, I don't think that is what I've got going on, as terrible as it might be. I'm sure I'd have far more pain in and around the area as opposed to just discomfort. At least I hope so. Maybe I'll just go back to the emergency room at this point.

Yeah I believe she said something to that effect, I can't recall fully to be honest. Surely I would have a constant pain in my jaw especially the side or at the site of the removal? The only thing I can do in this situation is go to the emergency room and detail to them what happened and see if they can diagnose an infection I guess

Yes I believe she grafted everything out, honestly can't recall properly. As of right now, I don't think that is what I've got going on, as terrible as it might be. I'm sure I'd have far more pain in and around the area as opposed to just discomfort. At least I hope so. Maybe I'll just go back to the emergency room at this point.
No I don't think you need to be in great pain, the nerves could have been damaged from the dental work so you don't feel as much. But you are sick as a dog, you should go get seen.

Like we discussed earlier, you are so sick that you don't realize how bad you are, go get seen by a doctor, you need it!

mostlylurking

I remember when I got a back molar extracted. It was infected but my dentist (who had his $$$$$Mastery$$$$$ degree) said, "antibiotics? We don't need no stinkin' antibiotics!!" I was running about a 101 degree temp from the infection and just put myself in his hands. So he reamed out the socket and went after the iffy looking bone/tissue until he had reamed into my sinuses and I had the water running out of my nose. Then he said he had to stop because of that. I was amazed on the 1.5 hour drive home (I was driving myself to this gig), that I felt 100% better! No more fever, no more delirium. That dentist was a great guy; he's the one who removed the last of my mercury fillings. After each session, he'd send me over to another doctor for a vitamin C IV. This was 27 years ago, I really miss him.
Like we discussed earlier, you are so sick that you don't realize how bad you are, go get seen by a doctor, you need it!
I agree.

OP
H

Hairfedup

Happy New Year! Time for an update? I hope you are doing better by now ;)

Hey, happy (belated) new year to you also!

Unfortunately things just get worse but in different ways - since the new year I felt like I was going to pass out all the time especially when stressed/excited (I can't even unwind with some online gaming because of this). Pinching in my shoulders and chest/ribcage pains really have been worrying me as well as feeling out of breath. Still trying to cut down my cigarette consumption, I'm down to around 4 a day.

I managed to get some medical attention but have been told there's no suggestion of infection from the stool sample. Blood pressure is apparently only slightly raised (but they did have to retake it a few times) which was also surprising considering feeling feint and sick. No fever. As my heart was fine in August they don't think I need to get it checked up, but someone told me that SIBO-type symptoms can often mimick these type of issues. I'm awaiting some general bloods at the moment but as I wasn't contacted immediately they will probably say they are "fine". I just can't seem to get adequate medical attention it seems or have someone hear me out properly.

I tried the glutamine route lurking recommended and it has worked to a degree - its been 1 week of a pill twice a day but now I'm mostly constipated but hell its better than rushing to the toilet all the time. Still I know I can't take it for longer than a month. The chest pains and those type symptoms are worse now although the glutamine is doing a decent job on the gut, kinda. The throbbing down there is far less but I do still feel "it" and I still bloat alot and If not constipated the bowel still wont clean itself out properly etc. Glutamine has to be both pre breakfast and pre dinner, or the symptoms start returning. No idea why but the worse I feel the redder my ears get. Weird one I know

I feel like I'm losing my mind and there's no way out of this mess. I don't know whether to pause on the glutamine for now and try out the spores peskypeater suggested - but even then there's no guarantee and things are just piling up. My estrogen must be high as hell considering my extreme premature balding. Getting good sleep is hard because the chest/general torso pain persists even then. God I wish I'd never taken that pencillin and UTI antibiotic before that. And all the other things I took even before that. Ahhhhh I'm going off on different tangents sorry.

Hope all is well with yourself :)

Last edited:

Unfortunately things just get worse but in different ways - since the new year I felt like I was going to pass out all the time especially when stressed/excited (I can't even unwind with some online gaming because of this). Pinching in my shoulders and chest/ribcage pains really have been worrying me as well as feeling out of breath. Still trying to cut down my cigarette consumption, I'm down to around 4 a day.

Shoulder and chest/ribcage pains remind me gallbladder issues. There would be on the right side. I had been through a bout of gallbladder issues myself, looking back I think it was brought on by living in a moldy house. Mold is estrogenic and I felt better almost as soon as I moved out of there, but did have some minor lingering issues that are gone now. One of the strange things that happened was an inability to tolerate alcohol, it would always cause liver/gallbladder pain that would build over a few days.
I managed to get some medical attention but have been told there's no suggestion of infection from the stool sample. Blood pressure is apparently only slightly raised (but they did have to retake it a few times) which was also surprising considering feeling feint and sick. No fever. As my heart was fine in August they don't think I need to get it checked up, but someone told me that SIBO-type symptoms can often mimick these type of issues. I'm awaiting some general bloods at the moment but as I wasn't contacted immediately they will probably say they are "fine". I just can't seem to get adequate medical attention it seems or have someone hear me out properly.

I hear you and I get the frustration with not being heard properly. I am so sorry that you are going through this. You will figure this out eventually, even if it has to get a little worse first.
I tried the glutamine route lurking recommended and it has worked to a degree - its been 1 week of a pill twice a day but now I'm mostly constipated but hell its better than rushing to the toilet all the time. Still I know I can't take it for longer than a month. The chest pains and those type symptoms are worse now although the glutamine is doing a decent job on the gut, kinda. The throbbing down there is far less but I do still feel "it" and I still bloat alot and If not constipated the bowel still wont clean itself out properly etc. Glutamine has to be both pre breakfast and pre dinner, or the symptoms start returning. No idea why but the worse I feel the redder my ears get. Weird one I know

I don't think that is incredibly weird that your ears turn red, maybe it is histamine. Sounds like something is really triggering an allergic response. Have you tried some Benadryl just to see if that helps a little bit? Sometimes during inflammation the gut gets leaky and that lets in allergenic substances into your bloodstream, maybe you are sensitized to more things now and hence all the symptoms. For me I needed to remove wheat, forever. I don't want to tell you to change your diet, but maybe pay attention to what food makes things worse.

I feel like I'm losing my mind and there's no way out of this mess. I don't know whether to pause on the glutamine for now and try out the spores peskypeater suggested - but even then there's no guarantee and things are just piling up.
My estrogen must be high as hell considering my extreme premature balding.
Has the balding gotten worse since you fell ill?
Getting good sleep is hard because the chest/general torso pain persists even then. God I wish I'd never taken that pencillin and UTI antibiotic before that.
Exactly what UTI antibiotic were you on? Some medications can affect the CYP34A enzyme which helps to metabolize estrogen as well as many drugs. Cipro, for example, which is sometimes given for UTIs is an inhibitor of CYP34A and could potentially make you more estrogen dominant. And it has fluoride in it, so, I don't recommend taking it.

And all the other things I took even before that. Ahhhhh I'm going off on different tangents sorry.
Oh no need to apologize, the more information the better.

Thanks! I am doing pretty good. I feel healthy enough, happy enough, have warm house, belly full of food and time to talk to all you peaters. I still have life issues of course and the only thing I can do is pray for that.

someone told me that SIBO-type symptoms can often mimick these type of issues.
It occurs to me that SIBO can be helped by molybdenum, which oddly enough I take in the form of drops sometimes for better digestion sulfur foods. Some people flush (hello red ears) when they have too much sulfite in their system, which happens with SIBO.

this is what I take--

redsun

I feel like I'm losing my mind and there's no way out of this mess. I don't know whether to pause on the glutamine for now and try out the spores peskypeater suggested - but even then there's no guarantee and things are just piling up. My estrogen must be high as hell considering my extreme premature balding. Getting good sleep is hard because the chest/general torso pain persists even then. God I wish I'd never taken that pencillin and UTI antibiotic before that. And all the other things I took even before that. Ahhhhh I'm going off on different tangents sorry.

So I read all through these posts in this thread and some of your other threads. I think its evident what really is the main contributing factor in all these major problems you have had in the last few years. You have had many issues with pain whether its chest pain, pain in other organ areas, spinal, GI related pain. Also gut related issues like IBS, GERD, Barrett's, etc. Also problems with blood flow and vascular issues (swelling). Your smoking habits is really behind all this. It is well known to cause or strongly increase the risk of all of these problems.

Worst of all is the smoking in combination with your long term aspirin use. Nicotine triggers sympathetic activation, the so called fight or flight mode. Its very potent in this regard. When you are artificially putting yourself in this sympathetic dominant state, your blood flow is prioritized to organs necessary for survival such as the brain and the heart. Your whole digestive system gets a reduced blood supply which means your stomach and intestines as well. Same goes for your skin, your urinary system, reproductive system. So not only does smoking itself increase GI problems because the reduced blood flow to the GI tract and the carcinogens, it reduces the ability of the GI tract to heal from minor insults which you experience from daily consumption of food since the only way you can heal is through blood oxygenating and carrying nutrients to the injured tissue.

Couple this compromised healing ability with long term aspirin use which also will cause gut damage, you have a recipe for progressively worsening GI damage that cannot heal because of the vasoconstricting effects of nicotine. This may further reduce absorption of nutrients you need if your GI damage is bad enough. This change in blood flow to prioritize vital organs will also contribute pain in all areas of the body through the same mechanism.

Nicotine also stiffens arteries and blood vessels, eventually lead to long term issues with blood (swelling problems), and damage the cardiovascular and pulmonary (lungs) system as whole, including the heart. So its no surprise you have experienced pain in many areas. Smoking itself causes damage and because of its effects on blood flow it leads to reduced ability to heal from any damage causing a compounding effect on all your issues.

I also suspect now recently you may be anemic because you report feeling out of breath and minor stress or even being excited makes you want to faint. So your ability to oxygenate may be getting worse because of smoking increasing oxidative stress (which causes blood cells to burst) and also depressing the bone marrow's ability to make new red blood cells.

Long term aspirin use also can also compound this effect which may eventually trigger anemia due to increased blood loss in the gut, and also reduced red blood cell formation by bone marrow. Your blood may be able to bounce back quickly once you finally stop smoking. I also assume you already stopped aspirin awhile ago. If not, you absolutely need to lay off the aspirin as well immediately.

I have seen you have also done things like take 50mg of zinc for a month or so. And maybe there are other issues from using who knows what. All of these fairly minor problems from supplements amplify to bigger problems because of the damaging effects of smoking.

Im glad you are already on track to quit smoking again. I hope this post motivates you to not only follow through and stop completely, but to never start smoking ever again. Because your wellbeing literally depends on it. Only after you fully withdraw will the healing process take place at a somewhat steady pace. But it will take time.

Once you are fully withdrawn, You need try your best to eat a wide variety of nutrient dense food and plenty of calories. You need to cover everything if you want to heal, which will take a lot of time still but I believe the body has an amazing capacity to heal if given the chance. At least 2-3 eggs every day, red meat and dark chicken meat, milk and fermented dairy may be particularly helpful for your gut, plenty of carbs in the form of starches and fruits. Oysters once a week. Chicken wings and fatty pork are also good sources of calories and protein and will provide other nutrients that will help heal your gut.

Only supplement I recommend to take on top of the proper diet is some kind of vitamin E oil. You need vitamin E especially because of the increased oxidative stress from smoking which depletes antioxidant vitamins like C and E. Not 400 IU, or 100 IU. You need physiological doses of vitamin E, as in near the RDA of 15mg a day or 22 IU. This would be a single drop of tocovit for example, but you can use whatever vitamin E oil you want or your already have.

You got a long way to go and unfortunately its not going to get easier that soon but I genuinely think this is your way out. This is going to require fortitude and patience because the body is going to need quite a bit of time to slowly undue the accumulating damage caused or exacerbated by smoking. But I think it can be done.

OP
H

Hairfedup

So I read all through these posts in this thread and some of your other threads. I think its evident what really is the main contributing factor in all these major problems you have had in the last few years. You have had many issues with pain whether its chest pain, pain in other organ areas, spinal, GI related pain. Also gut related issues like IBS, GERD, Barrett's, etc. Also problems with blood flow and vascular issues (swelling). Your smoking habits is really behind all this. It is well known to cause or strongly increase the risk of all of these problems.

Worst of all is the smoking in combination with your long term aspirin use. Nicotine triggers sympathetic activation, the so called fight or flight mode. Its very potent in this regard. When you are artificially putting yourself in this sympathetic dominant state, your blood flow is prioritized to organs necessary for survival such as the brain and the heart. Your whole digestive system gets a reduced blood supply which means your stomach and intestines as well. Same goes for your skin, your urinary system, reproductive system. So not only does smoking itself increase GI problems because the reduced blood flow to the GI tract and the carcinogens, it reduces the ability of the GI tract to heal from minor insults which you experience from daily consumption of food since the only way you can heal is through blood oxygenating and carrying nutrients to the injured tissue.

Couple this compromised healing ability with long term aspirin use which also will cause gut damage, you have a recipe for progressively worsening GI damage that cannot heal because of the vasoconstricting effects of nicotine. This may further reduce absorption of nutrients you need if your GI damage is bad enough. This change in blood flow to prioritize vital organs will also contribute pain in all areas of the body through the same mechanism.

Nicotine also stiffens arteries and blood vessels, eventually lead to long term issues with blood (swelling problems), and damage the cardiovascular and pulmonary (lungs) system as whole, including the heart. So its no surprise you have experienced pain in many areas. Smoking itself causes damage and because of its effects on blood flow it leads to reduced ability to heal from any damage causing a compounding effect on all your issues.

I also suspect now recently you may be anemic because you report feeling out of breath and minor stress or even being excited makes you want to faint. So your ability to oxygenate may be getting worse because of smoking increasing oxidative stress (which causes blood cells to burst) and also depressing the bone marrow's ability to make new red blood cells.

Long term aspirin use also can also compound this effect which may eventually trigger anemia due to increased blood loss in the gut, and also reduced red blood cell formation by bone marrow. Your blood may be able to bounce back quickly once you finally stop smoking. I also assume you already stopped aspirin awhile ago. If not, you absolutely need to lay off the aspirin as well immediately.

I have seen you have also done things like take 50mg of zinc for a month or so. And maybe there are other issues from using who knows what. All of these fairly minor problems from supplements amplify to bigger problems because of the damaging effects of smoking.

Im glad you are already on track to quit smoking again. I hope this post motivates you to not only follow through and stop completely, but to never start smoking ever again. Because your wellbeing literally depends on it. Only after you fully withdraw will the healing process take place at a somewhat steady pace. But it will take time.

Once you are fully withdrawn, You need try your best to eat a wide variety of nutrient dense food and plenty of calories. You need to cover everything if you want to heal, which will take a lot of time still but I believe the body has an amazing capacity to heal if given the chance. At least 2-3 eggs every day, red meat and dark chicken meat, milk and fermented dairy may be particularly helpful for your gut, plenty of carbs in the form of starches and fruits. Oysters once a week. Chicken wings and fatty pork are also good sources of calories and protein and will provide other nutrients that will help heal your gut.

Only supplement I recommend to take on top of the proper diet is some kind of vitamin E oil. You need vitamin E especially because of the increased oxidative stress from smoking which depletes antioxidant vitamins like C and E. Not 400 IU, or 100 IU. You need physiological doses of vitamin E, as in near the RDA of 15mg a day or 22 IU. This would be a single drop of tocovit for example, but you can use whatever vitamin E oil you want or your already have.

You got a long way to go and unfortunately its not going to get easier that soon but I genuinely think this is your way out. This is going to require fortitude and patience because the body is going to need quite a bit of time to slowly undue the accumulating damage caused or exacerbated by smoking. But I think it can be done.

Thanks so much, I don't even know what to say. Thanks for looking into things you didn't even have to - this forum really humbles me sometimes.

I'm still digesting everything you've written but yes, smoking has absolutely wrecked me especially since picking it back up again 4 years ago. I've been in denial about it. Had no idea about how bad nicotine+aspirin is - I even took an aspirin in the middle of the night before I read this post ; woke up with an awful switch center right and pain breathing. Panicked and took an aspirin - not surprising it did nothing. After waking and eating a bunch of eggs, some jute leaf spinach, chicken wing soup and rice its finally gone. Must've been like 7-8 hours. Vasoconstriction or some kind of lactic acidosis? I dnno. I haven't smoked in 24 hours or so and I'm done with the aspirin. All I can do now is make the changes and keep reading through your post for anything I missed and digest through it. Vitamin E is on its way.

Again, thank you.

@ThazMYchocolate I really appreciate you and thanks for getting redsun to take a look into this :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals