Low Toxin Testimonials Don't look now! Another person who came off their thyroid medication.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This is what we do here at the new and improved Ray Peat Forum and this low toxin and low "vitamin A" movement, we heal thyroids. A forum that is moving forward and not remaining stagnant and the vision of Healing and Restoration is being fulfilled all around us.

Niacin as Nicotinic acid improves the bodies uptake and utilization of thyroid hormones. Niacinamide, does not do this. Only Niacin as Nicotinic Acid does this.

Let those who remain stagnant step aside and watch the power of this movement continue as they shake their heads and point their fingers while we continue to rise up in health, Spirit, Love and longevity! And when they recognize the error of their ways we will welcome them back with open arms and will help dig them out of their toxic ways, because that is what we do here.

perfect-thyroid.png

FitnessMike

DO we know what form of b3 is in animal food?

ill give normal niacin a shot.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
DO we know what form of b3 is in animal food?
If you are talking about fortified foods then most fortified foods are done with Niacinamide. Imagine that........

FitnessMike

I meant actual animal meat for instance

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

nikotrope

I've been taking small doses of nicotinic acid for a month (50mg x 3 per day) and it's been the best supplement I've tried.

I needed to wear very warm clothes at home and I was still getting very cold a couple of hours after a meal. Now I can just wear a t-shirt most of the time (temperature in the house is the same).

That makes me think my metabolism is up big time.

I needed TUDCA to have good digestion and now I've stopped it and have even better digestion. I've been able to very slowly handle more fibers but niacin greatly sped up the progress.

FitnessMike

I've been taking small doses of nicotinic acid for a month (50mg x 3 per day) and it's been the best supplement I've tried.

I needed to wear very warm clothes at home and I was still getting very cold a couple of hours after a meal. Now I can just wear a t-shirt most of the time (temperature in the house is the same).

That makes me think my metabolism is up big time.

I needed TUDCA to have good digestion and now I've stopped it and have even better digestion. I've been able to very slowly handle more fibers but niacin greatly sped up the progress.
b3 makes you warm, i have this with niacinamide.

CSH

Forum Supporter
Does no flush Niacin work for this too?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
I've been on the highest dose of thyroid medicine (combo fo T4/T3) for over 25 yrs. I'm now on 500mg of niacin (NA) in divided doses throughout the day. I've already been lowering my thyroid dose, and now it's about 20% less than my original dose from last year. So far I've been taking the slow and steady approach, decreasing it by about 7% every 6 weeks. I wonder if I'm going way too slow, considering I'm on the low toxin/low Vitamin A diet and taking the 5 major minerals. Plus I'm on a B-complex and extra thiamine, activated charcoal and acacia fiber. Within the next few weeks I plan to recheck my thyroid labs as well as my copper and Vitamin A (funny though, on my previous diet last year I was eating high Vitamin A/beta carotene foods but my blood levels showed a Vitamin A 'deficiency'. I wonder how my levels will look now that I've been on a low Vitamin A for about 2 months?). I have my own journey in the 'low toxin' thread so I'll report my levels there. I just wonder if others got off their thyroid medication much quicker than my current regimen? With Hashimoto's and my past history of other hormonal imbalances (PCOS, infertility), I wonder if I should go much slower?

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
I've been on the highest dose of thyroid medicine (combo fo T4/T3) for over 25 yrs. I'm now on 500mg of niacin (NA) in divided doses throughout the day. I've already been lowering my thyroid dose, and now it's about 20% less than my original dose from last year. So far I've been taking the slow and steady approach, decreasing it by about 7% every 6 weeks. I wonder if I'm going way too slow, considering I'm on the low toxin/low Vitamin A diet and taking the 5 major minerals. Plus I'm on a B-complex and extra thiamine, activated charcoal and acacia fiber. Within the next few weeks I plan to recheck my thyroid labs as well as my copper and Vitamin A (funny though, on my previous diet last year I was eating high Vitamin A/beta carotene foods but my blood levels showed a Vitamin A 'deficiency'. I wonder how my levels will look now that I've been on a low Vitamin A for about 2 months?). I have my own journey in the 'low toxin' thread so I'll report my levels there. I just wonder if others got off their thyroid medication much quicker than my current regimen? With Hashimoto's and my past history of other hormonal imbalances (PCOS, infertility), I wonder if I should go much slower?
Very interesting, for how long have you taken Niacin? Does Niacin also give you better (or even optimal) body temperatures?

brongfogboy

This is what we do here at the new and improved Ray Peat Forum and this low toxin and low "vitamin A" movement, we heal thyroids. A forum that is moving forward and not remaining stagnant and the vision of Healing and Restoration is being fulfilled all around us.

Niacin as Nicotinic acid improves the bodies uptake and utilization of thyroid hormones. Niacinamide, does not do this. Only Niacin as Nicotinic Acid does this.

Let those who remain stagnant step aside and watch the power of this movement continue as they shake their heads and point their fingers while we continue to rise up in health, Spirit, Love and longevity! And when they recognize the error of their ways we will welcome them back with open arms and will help dig them out of their toxic ways, because that is what we do here.

View attachment 62232
That's interesting, did she share what dose and dosing schedule she used?

BRENBAIL

Forum Supporter
Very interesting, for how long have you taken Niacin? Does Niacin also give you better (or even optimal) body temperatures?
I've only started niacin a few months ago. I was on about 750mg but brought my dose down to 500mg spread out throughout the day only because I didn't want to detox too quickly. I'm going to increase again this week, maybe by another 200mg. I think my body can tolerate it.
So far my body temps have been steadily going up. I could never get my temps up beyond 97.2 while on my full dose of thyroid medication. Since slowly going down in my thyroid medicine by 20%, my body temps are now at 97.6.
Although, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, my body temps have been lower this week, but I'm wondering if 'cheating' on Easter ham, and a slice of carrot cake :rolleyes: did me in. (I needed a little social nutrition that day).

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
I've only started niacin a few months ago. I was on about 750mg but brought my dose down to 500mg spread out throughout the day only because I didn't want to detox too quickly. I'm going to increase again this week, maybe by another 200mg. I think my body can tolerate it.
So far my body temps have been steadily going up. I could never get my temps up beyond 97.2 while on my full dose of thyroid medication. Since slowly going down in my thyroid medicine by 20%, my body temps are now at 97.6.
Although, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, my body temps have been lower this week, but I'm wondering if 'cheating' on Easter ham, and a slice of carrot cake :rolleyes: did me in. (I needed a little social nutrition that day).
Awesome developments. I hope that things will improve further for you!!!

Thank you for the info! :)

ddjd

View attachment 62232
Do I win the next giveaway for sending this to you Charlie?? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

PopSocket

I am sure a lot more cases like this will come. After a harsh start and a few bumps I am also feeling fantastic. Lowering my thyroid and looking good, skin issues are gone. Energy and overall vibrancy is up and feeling more aligned with God. This is the way. Well done ,Charlie.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals