Can't get rid of this stubborn skin fungus !!!

OP
P

Peater503

Do you take zinc?

I would try a paste made with zinc oxide and water (perhaps adding a tiny bit of coconut oil would help with solubilisation?), just enough to make the ZnO into a fluid cream to spread it topically on the lesions. I guess it wouldn't hurt.

Not currently, but I will try it, just worried about adding the coconut oil, I read somewhere that while it's known to be anti-fungal, for some fungii it actually feeds it apparently...not sure if that's actually true though

Thank you for linking the articles!

OP
P

Peater503

I have no direct experience with this condition or therapy, but am wondering if urine therapy can help and is worth exploring.

It’s on my list of things to research since I heard more about it from a WAP guest on Wise Traditions. I love the idea that it’s so natural, available free and anywhere.
Never heard of this, very interesting lol, is it also known to help specifically with skin fungii?

OP
P

Peater503

I've had the same happen to me. It's nothing to do with vitamin A. It's gut related, likely a fungal overgrowth there. Do an organic acid test and you'll see. Oral anti-fungals, such as oregano oil, cardamom, etc, will help to get rid of it.
Also apply topical Lugol's iodine. After 2-3 days the whole thing will peel off.
Thank you so much for your message, @Hans

From my research, an organic acid test is not something available OTC right? I would have to see with my doctor or local laboratory?
Also apply topical Lugol's iodine. After 2-3 days the whole thing will peel off.
That would be incredible ! I will try this right away and write an update here soon.

OP
P

Peater503

Povidone Iodine on the Spots, had something similar, disolved in a few days.
Thank you!

I see, like Hans, you also recommend topical iodine; although he recommended "Lugol's iodine," can it be any iodine or would it have to be povidone specifically?

OP
P

Peater503

If you are looking for ultimate solution then I recommend formalin. It kills everything.
Thank you.

From the sound of it, I think this would annihilate my already sensitive skin lol

Have you tried it yourself once?

OP
P

Peater503

Curious you said you are on low vitamin a. Do you supplement with everything garret smith suggests? I tried the low vitamin a with the supplements and I felt alright. But I feel better with cooked veggies (very little carrots). Such a controversial topic and I’ve been on nutritional balancing off and on for years. One thing that I whole heartedly disagree with GS is on sulfur. For a while I was taking molybdenum because I thought I had sulfur sensitivity. I stopped and have been eating loads of vegetables and I have no problem with digesting sulfur. Anyway would love to hear your thoughts.
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Every since I've been on health twitter and I see the words "vitamin a toxicity" this image immediately pops up in my head lol:
0293235.jpg

Last edited:

LukasWood

Thank you!

I see, like Hans, you also recommend topical iodine; although he recommended "Lugol's iodine," can it be any iodine or would it have to be povidone specifically?
Povidone iodine, like betadona, has the advantage that you dont absorb it as much, and since its bonded it doesnt sublimate in the air

OP
P

Peater503

I had a look on the forum and magnesium chloride came up a couple of times. Topical I assume, cheap and easy to try out anyway.
Oh, I have some but in crystal form that I mix with water and drink as a supplement sometimes; never tried topical, will look into it, thanks!

OP
P

Peater503

Yes Ketoconazole. If stubborn I would recommend adding Doxycycline 100mg twice daily. The Doxy potentiates the Ketoconazole and can make it fungicidal rather than fungi-static. It may be that the fungi is resistant and a culture and sensitivity might be necessary.
I see it is a cream now, maybe switch to the oral form of Ketoconazole and add the Doxy. I don't know if the Doxy will help the effects of the cream.
Thanks!

OP
P

Peater503

When I had Tinea versicolor I was prescribed a sulfur soap and that got rid of it for good. It smelled fairly strongly of sulfur so I have a feeling it was impure. If you buy sublimed sulfur online and try to make your own soap it could work.
Amazing, so you got rid of it with topical sulfur application only? No anti-fungal intestinal cleansing or anything else, and it didn't come back??

Beatrix_

Not currently, but I will try it, just worried about adding the coconut oil, I read somewhere that while it's known to be anti-fungal, for some fungii it actually feeds it apparently...not sure if that's actually true though
You can try zinc orally (titrating it up to avoid side effects) and calamine (edit: to get some clues if this approach could really help)

Last edited:

bistecca

I used to have tinea versiolor badly on my trunk and got rid of it after about a month of a peat inspired protocol.

Snicky

Never heard of this, very interesting lol, is it also known to help specifically with skin fungii?
Yes, skin and fungal issues (but not only). I am certain it’s commonly used for and effective against foot/nail funghi (which is very common). I really think it’s worth looking into…

mattmm24

Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Every since I've been on health twitter and I see the words "vitamin a toxicity" this image immediately pops up in my head lol:
View attachment 60036
I think most people are zinc deficient, and you need zinc to convert beta carotene into vitamin a. With already converted vitamin a, yes you can poison yourself with too much and not enough vitamin d. That is why I don't buy into the whole vitamin a is poison. It's all about balance, not demonizing certain minerals. He demonizes sulfur and it is the 2nd or 3rd most abundant mineral in your body!!! I also took molybdenum in supplement form and I think it is slightly toxic. I tried the low vitamin a low sulfur and it's not for me.

lucid&alive

Amazing, so you got rid of it with topical sulfur application only? No anti-fungal intestinal cleansing or anything else, and it didn't come back??
Yup. I applied it every day for a week and then every other day for a week or two. The doctor told me I would have to apply it for life but it has been 8 years and it hasn't come back.

I had it for a long time too, 5 years or so. At one point I had gone to my original family doctor and he prescribed some anti-fungal pill. I took it and the infection shrank but came back full force after the treatment ended.

Hi @Rinse & rePeat

Always nice to see you on the forum, hope you're doing alright :)

I would love to try applying the salt, but my fear is that it will be same story like with the cream I was prescribed, that it will just grow back (which if it is pityriasis versicolor, it is notorious for doing). I'm almost certain it's some kind of intestinal fungal overgrowth that is causing these symptoms, but then I don't understand why the undecylenic acid did not get rid of it..... Probably supplementing apple cider vinegar for some weeks would be a better option?

Will definitely try supplementing some D3 for the itching then, thank you!
I appreciate your sweet words Peater, I am doing great! As for the Apple Cider vinegar I was thinking topically. I will be curious to know if the D3 works, so report back.

OP
P

Peater503

I used to have tinea versiolor badly on my trunk and got rid of it after about a month of a peat inspired protocol.
Amazing. What exactly was the protocol? Did it include any anti-fungal oral/topical supplements?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals