Can Pregnenlone Help With Low Cortisol?

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

This is ecactly where Ray Peat is different from all other hormone website!!

But i am very happy with this answer because now i can experiment!!

With...

NDT!!!

Strongbad

Okay, if the problems come from low functioning thyroid and low basal metabolic rate (BMR), how can I boost them up naturally via food and lifestyles changes? The complications that come from consuming various thyroid supplement dosages are not things I'd to experience :| I'd like my pituitary and adrenals to take a very looong vacation because thyroid's been productive in the office without taking any sick day :mrgreen:

I can think of a few things to boost BMR: light workouts, spread the meal to 5-7 times daily, sleep a lot etc.

I know I've been bugging a lot about the diet and food ingredients :oops: , but yeah this is something that I want to get right. I want to fix the problems soooo bad :cool:

And this is my current Peaty diet and supplements. Any suggestion for boosting thyroid and MBR?

- Orange juice (lots of it)
- Grass fed butter (to cook with)
- Coffee + raw Cacao powder + Milk + Raw Honey
- Matcha tea + Raw Honey
- Carrots + Coconut Oil + distilled white vinegar
- Oysters
- Grass-fed beef liver (1lbs total per week, spread by 2 days per week consumption)
- Free-range, soy-free Duck eggs
- Grass feed beef meat
- Bone broth
- Salt
- Coconut oil
- Raw honey (lots)
- Baking soda
- Egg shell powder

Supplements: vitamin A, B1, B2, Niacinamide, D3, E, K2, Zinc

daily Aspirin + Vitamin K2 + bone broth (glycene) combo coming soon...

yoshiesque

from what ive read it seems like it can happen both ways. hypothyroidism induced adrenal issues and high stress induced adrenal issues (poor sleep, stressful life etc).

These recommendations actually work, but its true that in the long run the ultimate issue is thyroid. Try those supplements out and see for yourself - it might give you immediate relief but not gonna suggest this is a long term fix. I know integrative doctors use this to treat people with adrenal issues successfully. so it does work.

tara

yoshiesque said:
- Getting adequate protein, especially a good 40-50g worth in the morning for your first meal
- Avoiding excess potassium and consuming good amounts of salt
- Eating frequently - 5-7 meals
- Avoiding caffeine and alcohol
- Lifestyle/stress management - stress really stuffs things up so things like yoga/meditation help
- Sleeping heaps
- Exercise - small amounts, not intense.
- Contact with nature - getting outside is known to really reduce stress and has restorative effects
I don't know about the potassium restriction, but these recommendations look quite compatible with a Peat-inspired recovery, along with attending to thyroid function.

yoshiesque

Its more so excess potassium. I dont really know how much excess is though. Thats only while you go through adrenal fatigue.

TubZy

I had severely low cortisol coming off fin due to fin causing hypothyroid. Preg was the only thing that helped. If I added more than a few mg's of DHEA with the preg it helped further but any more than that and I felt horrible. I have not tried NDT in combo with the preg though.

Jsaute21

I had severely low cortisol coming off fin due to fin causing hypothyroid. Preg was the only thing that helped. If I added more than a few mg's of DHEA with the preg it helped further but any more than that and I felt horrible. I have not tried NDT in combo with the preg though.

Any update with this tubzy?

movebetter

I have no experience with Armour.

What I am saying is, starting with T3 first, will uncover where you need to supplement, as the forced increase in metabolic rate will bring forward symptoms of whatever is causing your ills.

T3 stimulates cortisol synthesis, and will increase basal metabolic rate. High RT3 is your body's way of telling you that you slumped into a low energetic state, and T4 is not being used effectively.

I always tried the adrenal hormones first, but it doesn't fix hypothyroidism. If I could go back in time, I'd start with thyroid hormone, not adrenal hormones (prog, preg, dhea).

Also, reducing your serotonin, which will definitely be high, is a good idea to increase the cholesterol - preg - prog - cortisol chain.

Also, high RT3 blocks T3 receptors. So adding more T3 will push more into cells that you need to get going.
Hi, I have low cholesterol at about 135. And a lot of fatigue.I have heard that t3 will lower cholesterol more and cause thing to get worse. What do you think? Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals