Caffeine+Aspirin+Sugar Cured Both Anxiety And ADD

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5487

Curious if someone more knowledgeable than me could explain the phenomenon I experienced for the last three hours.

I was Cramming for a test and was eating a large amount of fruit/Juice/Milk throughout the day around 4pm I took two 81mg Aspirins since my back was hurting. Following this I drank a Monster energy drink since I was out of Mexican Coke. What followed was a uninterupted focus I have not had for years, superior to even Vyvanse/Adderall. I recognized my focus and then had to go to the store, What I then noticed was a complete absence of a very mild social anxiety I always have unless under the influence of alcohol. A inhibition of sorts I view it as, its always present when speaking with others. I also noticed after eating a couple handful of dates with dinner was sugar "High" I rarely if ever experience when consuming a large amount of carbohydrates.

Was this what it feels like to have High Dopamine and lowered sertonin? or properily oxidaizing the sugar I eat? I recall @haidut mentioning in danny roddy podcasts that those with social anxiety have the highest base serotonin, and read somewhere on here that aspirin+Caffeine really increases dopamine, alongside the B vitamins in the monster.

Can someone explain what happened to me nuero-chemically?

Dhair

Curious if someone more knowledgeable than me could explain the phenomenon I experienced for the last three hours.

I was Cramming for a test and was eating a large amount of fruit/Juice/Milk throughout the day around 4pm I took two 81mg Aspirins since my back was hurting. Following this I drank a Monster energy drink since I was out of Mexican Coke. What followed was a uninterupted focus I have not had for years, superior to even Vyvanse/Adderall. I recognized my focus and then had to go to the store, What I then noticed was a complete absence of a very mild social anxiety I always have unless under the influence of alcohol. A inhibition of sorts I view it as, its always present when speaking with others. I also noticed after eating a couple handful of dates with dinner was sugar "High" I rarely if ever experience when consuming a large amount of carbohydrates.

Was this what it feels like to have High Dopamine and lowered sertonin? or properily oxidaizing the sugar I eat? I recall @haidut mentioning in danny roddy podcasts that those with social anxiety have the highest base serotonin, and read somewhere on here that aspirin+Caffeine really increases dopamine, alongside the B vitamins in the monster.

Aspirin and caffeine together can be pretty significantly dopaminergic, even at low doses. I think haidut posted a study about this effect.
Did you feel like your vision was somehow wider? Like you were noticing the richness of your environment more than you usually do? Because that's another typical higher dopamine feeling.

churchmouth

Monster drink:
Carbonated Water, Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Acidity Regulators (Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate), Natural Flavours, Taurine, Natural Colours (Anthocyanin), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Caffeine, Preservatives (Sorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium), Vitamins [Niacin (B3), Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12], Salt, D-Glucuronolactone, Inositol, Guarana Seed Extract, Maltodextrin.

Could be the Taurine?

Peata

Are you able to recreate the effect?

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Are you able to recreate the effect?

Yes. Sadly the effect seems to last only 4-6 hours. I am curious of what the interaction is and what the nuerochemical change is.

It's just destroys anxiety, melancholy, increases focus, makes me calm. Stress is also non existent.

The taurine or ginseng or guarana is synergizing with the Aspirin is some manner. Caffeine(Coffee/coke) with aspirin is not the same. Mabey the b vitamins are also player a role.

Mabey try see if I'm not the only one.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

Monster drink:
Carbonated Water, Sugar, Glucose Syrup, Acidity Regulators (Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate), Natural Flavours, Taurine, Natural Colours (Anthocyanin), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Caffeine, Preservatives (Sorbic Acid, Benzoic Acid), Sweeteners (Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium), Vitamins [Niacin (B3), Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12], Salt, D-Glucuronolactone, Inositol, Guarana Seed Extract, Maltodextrin.

Could be the Taurine?

Could be mabey the ginseng or guarana? There is a very pronounced synergy.

Peata

Yes. Sadly the effect seems to last only 4-6 hours. I am curious of what the interaction is and what the nuerochemical change is.

It's just destroys anxiety, melancholy, increases focus, makes me calm. Stress is also non existent.

The taurine or ginseng or guarana is synergizing with the Aspirin is some manner. Caffeine(Coffee/coke) with aspirin is not the same. Mabey the b vitamins are also player a role.

Mabey try see if I'm not the only one.
I bought a Monster energy drink today, so I'll give this a whirl tomorrow.

Like you, I've used coffee and aspirin without any big noticeable affect. The same for caffeine pills and aspirin.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

I bought a Monster energy drink today, so I'll give this a whirl tomorrow.

Like you, I've used coffee and aspirin without any big noticeable affect. The same for caffeine pills and aspirin.

Good to hear. I will also try agian tmrw morning. Let me know how it goes.

Constatine

There is a lot that suggests that increasing brain ATP betters ADHD. All of these do this.

Peata

I'll definitely let you know. My mind is clearer lately (no brain fog) after I used cyproheptadine, but I'd love to have the uninterrupted focus too like you describe to work on projects.

OP
D

Deleted member 5487

I'll definitely let you know. My mind is clearer lately (no brain fog) after I used cyproheptadine, but I'd love to have the uninterrupted focus too like you describe to work on projects.

Is that the one that lowers Serotonin? I've had my eye on that recently.

Peata

Is that the one that lowers Serotonin? I've had my eye on that recently.
Yeah. I used it for a month. Probably a week or two in, I noticed I didn't have what I call brain fog. I could focus instead of ideas being a jumbled mess I couldn't sort through. I could plan and carry it out. I stopped the cypro to give my liver a break (just in case. I didn't get any tests or have symptoms). I was taking various amounts, up to 8 mg. day for a while. The clearness has remained though. I've been taking a lot of Benadryl for the past week without any negative mental effects (no brain fog coming back). Also been using Pepcid which is supposed to lower serotonin as well.

Frankdee20

Could be mabey the ginseng or guarana? There is a very pronounced synergy.

I can tell you that as someone who takes a Ginseng Complex, Aspirin, Coffee together, it’s very synergistic

Constatine

Whats the biggest way to do it?
I don't really know but can provide some guesses. Exercise and sun exposure are good for it. LLLT in the proper dose quite dramatically increases brain atp. Though I would be careful as an overdose to the brain doesn't sound pleasant. I think there was a study that showed both exercise and lllt increased brain atp but the combination of them didn't provide further benefit. Korean ginseng is quite potent but the dose would probably have to be pretty high to get great effects. Anything that reduces serotonin will stimulate mitochondria respiration. Tianeptine has pretty dramatic effects on brain mitochondria, though I don't recommend tianeptine to those who do not need it. Having good thyroid function is obviously important for brain atp as well. If your looking for a great combination for brain function via brain atp thiamine, caffeine, and Korean ginseng is a pretty great combo I've found. Your brain just doesn't get tired.

bdawg

I don't really know but can provide some guesses. Exercise and sun exposure are good for it. LLLT in the proper dose quite dramatically increases brain atp. Though I would be careful as an overdose to the brain doesn't sound pleasant. I think there was a study that showed both exercise and lllt increased brain atp but the combination of them didn't provide further benefit. Korean ginseng is quite potent but the dose would probably have to be pretty high to get great effects. Anything that reduces serotonin will stimulate mitochondria respiration. Tianeptine has pretty dramatic effects on brain mitochondria, though I don't recommend tianeptine to those who do not need it. Having good thyroid function is obviously important for brain atp as well. If your looking for a great combination for brain function via brain atp thiamine, caffeine, and Korean ginseng is a pretty great combo I've found. Your brain just doesn't get tired.

Awesome cheers!

theLaw

I would actually focus on the fruit/Juice/Milk throughout the day for the answer.

Sometimes just giving your body a break from stress with that recipe can allow your liver to handle more sugar and caffeine effectively.

Peat suggests Milk+Sugar (pref Fructose) throughout the day to lower stress, but very few people actually test smaller doses, which appears to be the secret weapon for improving liver function.

Check out the threads from VOS for a more detailed explanation:

Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

Ray Peat Diet / Protocol Name?

VoS Uncoupling Thread

Cheers!:D

morgan#1

Amarsh,
This exactly happened to me on Monday! I’ve been changing my diet for about 3-4 months. I have a sinus issue, and I gather that has to do with serotonin and estrogen, and I don’t know what I did Sunday to find myself in the amazing high that I did on Monday, and it went into Tuesday and Wednesday but it was waning. (I’ve searched my chronometer listings for some sort of clue.) I read that fructose does something different to my body. So I’ve been taking a bit of fructose, and a little more etc. (Just getting my feet wet). My writings on Monday and Tuesday were clear, I was clear. People’s issues didn’t bother me, I didn’t feel above or below them. I was so so clear, and as you said, the social problem was not a problem at all. As well my eyesight was better. Now I’m trying to figure out what the hell I did. It was so awesome, no drug could touch it. If that’s the promise that I will find every day once I get the hang of this, I’m so in. It was perfection. My body was warm my pulse was higher than usual (I’m hypothyroid). I’m taking cypro for about a month, it didn’t do well with me for the first week, and then my body got stronger and it gelled. I just started with taurine, I’ve been increasing it to 5,000 throughout the day, now I’m going to lower down to around 2-3g because I’ve heard that Ray recommends a smaller dose for bowel health, and I just want to try a smaller amount. I’m big on going with the maximum dose, I’m trying to learn, less might possibly be hugely beneficial. I’m just trying to find the sweet spot. I was initially interested in Taurine because of the bile factor, I don’t have a gallbladder. But now I’ve researched it, and I am so glad I’m taking it, it does so many things outside of the bile factor. I’ve tried to recreate the feeling, I’ve increased my sugar etc. But I don’t think it’s that for me. I think it has something to do with the taurine and how it affects me. For me the analogy is stoking the fire, eating frequently and maybe I got a premonition to how it will be on a regular basis once I get this figured out. The no stress thing has promise. Right now, my sinus issue is back and my eyesight is blurred. I believe it has to do with histamines and serotonin and estrogen. I had no problem with my sinuses. And I wasn’t annoyed with others. Just wanted to get my experience out there. Possibly dopamine at it’s finest:darts: Also, I do LLLT and I’ve been taking thiamine, two things Constantine thought of as possibilities. But for me the only thing I’ve done differently in the past 2 weeks is the Taurine, maybe all of it just came together at that time.

Last edited:

Peata

I forgot
I tried this one day last week, and I seemed a little more focused than usual, but still not as much as I would've liked. I'm going to have fruit and milk this afternoon and try Monster and a little aspirin again later on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals