Brand New Ray Peat-inspired Skincare Product Now Available!

teds

Forum Supporter
@visviva
I was chatting to a mate about this product and we were both stumped as to the source of the cholesterol?
Also, I PMd you for discount code so I can purchase! Thank you! :)

L

lollipop

Additionally- defibron! Love it. Effects on skin v noticeable only 3 days in!
Right?!?! Try this product at night and Defibron in the day so you can compare. Then like I do, layer in the morning - your skin will remain moist and plump/vibrant all day long!

OP
V

visviva

@visviva
I was chatting to a mate about this product and we were both stumped as to the source of the cholesterol?
Also, I PMd you for discount code so I can purchase! Thank you! :)
So sorry for the delay - it's from an Australian classic - lanolin! Actually a really interesting substance, also a source of lanosterol and other sterols

biffbelvin

It's great to see people taking the information shared here and using it to make their own products.

My girlfriend added 'misting sprays' to her extensive 'face routine' (can't remember if it was 'skincare' or 'beauty') and reading the ingredient list (it was pressurised mineral water in a can) inspired me to finally make my own 'water spritzer'. Ingredients are just Niacinamide, Taurine, Caffeine & Vitamin C (no aspirin as i'm in the UK).

I spray it on my face a couple of minutes before moisturising and after 1 month my skin looks and feels better than it has in a few years.

Once January is over (damned 5-week month) I'll definitely order some of this and give it a shot.

Fantastic branding by the way, It looks incredibly professional!

EIRE24

It's great to see people taking the information shared here and using it to make their own products.

My girlfriend added 'misting sprays' to her extensive 'face routine' (can't remember if it was 'skincare' or 'beauty') and reading the ingredient list (it was pressurised mineral water in a can) inspired me to finally make my own 'water spritzer'. Ingredients are just Niacinamide, Taurine, Caffeine & Vitamin C (no aspirin as i'm in the UK).

I spray it on my face a couple of minutes before moisturising and after 1 month my skin looks and feels better than it has in a few years.

Once January is over (damned 5-week month) I'll definitely order some of this and give it a shot.

How do you mix this?

biffbelvin

How do you mix this?

Just with boiled water.

The Concentrations are:
4% niacinamide
1% caffeine
4% taurine
15mg/ml Vitamin C (this is the concentration recommended for vitamin C to have a preservative effect).

Can't recall why taurine is 4%. Niacinamide and Caffeine concentrations are lifted from Solban (if i wasn't UK based i'd be trying to squeeze aspirin there too).

OP
V

visviva

thank you - very kind of you to say! I agree, there's something very satisfying about making your own bespoke products. I'm liking the sound of your spritzer - you could try out willow bark extract as an alternative to aspirin that is readily available in the UK

teds

Forum Supporter
It's great to see people taking the information shared here and using it to make

You can’t get aspirin in the uk?!???????

biffbelvin

thank you - very kind of you to say! I agree, there's something very satisfying about making your own bespoke products. I'm liking the sound of your spritzer - you could try out willow bark extract as an alternative to aspirin that is readily available in the UK

Just did some googling and found out it's an astringent. That should be a perfect addition, thanks a lot!

You can’t get aspirin in the uk?!???????

You can get aspirin, just not in the pure powdered form that you can elsewhere. The uk is very cautious of Aspirin, many shops don't even sell it. You can only really get it in Alka Seltzer or enteric coated tablets.

tomisonbottom

Hello everyone. After nearly a year of preparation, I’m excited to finally be able to announce the launch of my first skincare product! It’s an oil serum that I’ve designed to be used as an anti-aging and moisturising skin treatment. It contains ingredients such as vitamin A, cholesterol and frankincense (which I talk about in more detail below) and can be used on its own, on top of or mixed into a moisturiser, which is how I like to use it. Because of the vitamin A component I am recommending that it only be used at night.

Cholesterol

Finally, several studies have found that cholesterol has an inhibitory effect on MMPs expression - (which are enzymes that dissolve collagen and damage the skin). See the above study, and (Cholesterol, a Major Component of Caveolae, Down-regulates Matrix Metalloproteinase-1 Expression through ERK/JNK Pathway in Cultured Human Dermal F... - PubMed - NCBI) and (Induction of tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-2 by cholesterol depletion leads to the conversion of proMMP-2 into active MMP-2 in human... - PubMed - NCBI)
If you have any questions about the product, please comment below!

About the inhibitory effect on MMP's.....don't know much about this but are you sure that's a good thing?
Because Ray said collagen increases with age, therefore dissolving of collagen seems like it would be a good thing.

From here: Gelatin, stress, longevity
"Inflammation produces fibrosis, because stress, hypoxia, and inadequate supply of glucose stimulate the fibroblasts to produce increased amounts of collagen."

OP
V

visviva

Hi everyone - in case you missed it, I just launched my second product!
The new product is a lip balm that contains emollients such as lanolin - a rich source of cholesterol, lanosterol and other sterols, olive squalane and fractionated coconut oil. It also contains the active ingredients willow bark extract (a standardised extract containing salicin -which is similar to aspirin), allantoin - which has similar skincare properties to urea - namely as a keratolytic and moisturiser, along with organic honey for its healing benefits.

I hope you like the new product and if you'd like to try it, please feel free to Pm me for a raypeatforum discount code :)

teds

Forum Supporter
Hi everyone - in case you missed it, I just launched my second product!
The new product is a lip balm that contains emollients such as lanolin - a rich source of cholesterol, lanosterol and other sterols, olive squalane and fractionated coconut oil. It also contains the active ingredients willow bark extract (a standardised extract containing salicin -which is similar to aspirin), allantoin - which has similar skincare properties to urea - namely as a keratolytic and moisturiser, along with organic honey for its healing benefits.

I hope you like the new product and if you'd like to try it, please feel free to Pm me for a raypeatforum discount code :)
Have ordered 4th bottle of serum and your lip balm to try (with your amazing discount- yay!).
Please work on a product with urea!

LeeLemonoil

I know Allantoin has a good rep and track record as a skincare active, but maybe it isn’t all „peaty“.
It can act similar to metformin systemicaly, which means as a mito-hormetic agent. Don’t know if it has this effects on dermal cells as we when applie topically but it might warrant research

OP
V

visviva

Have ordered 4th bottle of serum and your lip balm to try (with your amazing discount- yay!).
Please work on a product with urea!
thank you so much! I hope you like the lip balm. A urea product is coming next :)

OP
V

visviva

I know Allantoin has a good rep and track record as a skincare active, but maybe it isn’t all „peaty“.
It can act similar to metformin systemicaly, which means as a mito-hormetic agent. Don’t know if it has this effects on dermal cells as we when applie topically but it might warrant research
ah interesting - I wasn't aware of this so I'll look into it. I did check with ray that it was safe to supplement and he said he thought so

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals