Boron for free testosterone and DHT

Hans

Forum Supporter

I can't say I've ever noticed any benefit from boron supplementation, but then again, my T and free T are good.
I was shocked by how significantly 1 specific food massively outperformed the other foods are a source of boron.

What's been your experience with boron?

@Hans free T Is correlate at CSF level ?

Ben.

Boron is awsome imo. Notice more random boners when on it. Potent antifungal.
However in terms of actual qality down there i had better experience with lugols.

Have not measured anything however.

Jamsey

It seems like caviar is only high in boron because they use borax for preservation. Using borax(sodium borate) for supplementation appears to be the only real method for getting to the 10-12mg supplementation region that shows the best hormonal effects.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Boron is awsome imo. Notice more random boners when on it. Potent antifungal.
However in terms of actual qality down there i had better experience with lugols.

Have not measured anything however.
Nice, how much did you use? And how did you notice the anti-fungal effects?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It seems like caviar is only high in boron because they use borax for preservation. Using borax(sodium borate) for supplementation appears to be the only real method for getting to the 10-12mg supplementation region that shows the best hormonal effects.
I double-checked and you're right. The study where I saw the >5mg per g didn't mention anything about preservatives, so I looked for another study. I can't find it now but it showed that black caviar only has 0.06mg/g, which is quite low.

Peater

What's been your experience with boron?

I would like to see the interactions between B2 and boron studied more - I'd been supplementing B2 and developed some nasty athletes foot. It's somewhat well-known here that boron depletes B2, but I wonder if B2 also depletes boron, as it went away when I started supplementing boron. (For arthritis/joint pain)

This was before I started my iodide experiment so it was not that.

Ben.

Nice, how much did you use? And how did you notice the anti-fungal effects?

When i first started i used 3-6mg from supplemental capsules. The effects were wonderful. Once i got my hands on borax i started using up as much as the Ted guy from i think earthclinic/curezone used to treat arthritis (1/4 teaspoon (940 - 1,000 mg)) which is i think somewhere around 100-150mg boron. After a while noticable effects ceased to occur and i stopped eventually. My joint pains did not seem to benefit from it unfortunately. But that seems lyme related.

In terms of antifungal i noticed less tongue coating. However 50ish mg lugols does a way better job in that regard.

Dave Clark

The study shows estradiol low after 7 days, but the studies that were concerning showed that after 2 months of continual use, the estradiol levels increased. One of the reasons they recommended cycling the boron and taking a few weeks off, to prevent the estrogen from spiking. I won't be convinced to use high doses of boron until I see long term studies, since the short term studies are good, but then it seems like things change after a few months if there is daily and continual usage.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
The study shows estradiol low after 7 days, but the studies that were concerning showed that after 2 months of continual use, the estradiol levels increased. One of the reasons they recommended cycling the boron and taking a few weeks off, to prevent the estrogen from spiking. I won't be convinced to use high doses of boron until I see long term studies, since the short term studies are good, but then it seems like things change after a few months if there is daily and continual usage.
Dietary boron consumption among individuals varies up to 41mg per day according to 1 study and low intake of boron has been associated with low hormones in general. I don't 10mg is anything to worry about. Can you link the 2 month study?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
When i first started i used 3-6mg from supplemental capsules. The effects were wonderful. Once i got my hands on borax i started using up as much as the Ted guy from i think earthclinic/curezone used to treat arthritis (1/4 teaspoon (940 - 1,000 mg)) which is i think somewhere around 100-150mg boron. After a while noticable effects ceased to occur and i stopped eventually. My joint pains did not seem to benefit from it unfortunately. But that seems lyme related.

In terms of antifungal i noticed less tongue coating. However 50ish mg lugols does a way better job in that regard.
Any sides for the Lugols?
Some studies show that calcium fructoborate is great for joints. Maybe that form might benefit you more.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I would like to see the interactions between B2 and boron studied more - I'd been supplementing B2 and developed some nasty athletes foot. It's somewhat well-known here that boron depletes B2, but I wonder if B2 also depletes boron, as it went away when I started supplementing boron. (For arthritis/joint pain)

This was before I started my iodide experiment so it was not that.
Interesting. How much B2 and boron were you taking?

Peater

Interesting. How much B2 and boron were you taking?

Looking back through emails I believe the B2 would have been Swanson Ultra R-5-P Riboflavin-5-Phosphate 50mg, and the boron initially a 12mg triple boron complex before I could acquire Borax. Borax dosing about 1/4 teaspoon.

I now take occasional 400mg standard B2 and the athlete's foot hasn't returned.

Dave Clark

Dietary boron consumption among individuals varies up to 41mg per day according to 1 study and low intake of boron has been associated with low hormones in general. I don't 10mg is anything to worry about. Can you link the 2 month study?
Right now this is all I could find: The effect of boron supplementation on its urinary excretion and selected cardiovascular risk factors in healthy male subjects - PubMed
I know that I had seen some YT videos of people who took 10 mg/day for several weeks, with testing, and in the first couple weeks their E was low, but into the 2nd month testing showed increases of E. They concluded that cycling may prevent the increase change in E, something like a few weeks on, and a few weeks off. I will look to see if I can find anything more on that.

area51puy

Forum Supporter

View: https://youtu.be/YmerOx7oHAw
. @Hans @haidut

In this video he talks about proviron/ mesterolone fixing dysfunctional androgen receptor.

They said in the study proviron helped fix androgen receptors but not dht.

Peater

Right now this is all I could find: The effect of boron supplementation on its urinary excretion and selected cardiovascular risk factors in healthy male subjects - PubMed
I know that I had seen some YT videos of people who took 10 mg/day for several weeks, with testing, and in the first couple weeks their E was low, but into the 2nd month testing showed increases of E. They concluded that cycling may prevent the increase change in E, something like a few weeks on, and a few weeks off. I will look to see if I can find anything more on that.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (I've been doing a lot of reading recently) I learned that iodine can help normalise estrogen levels. I'm no chemist/biologist but I wonder how boron and iodine interact.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes I've seen that one. Their E2 went from 14 to 20. In another study showed that boron lowered E2 from 35 to 25. I'd rather say it has a balancing effect.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

View: https://youtu.be/YmerOx7oHAw
. @Hans @haidut

In this video he talks about proviron/ mesterolone fixing dysfunctional androgen receptor.

They said in the study proviron helped fix androgen receptors but not dht.

Just yesterday a responded to a friend about that vid. The info is all good and well, but how many guys have made a recovery from provision? Some guys notice benefits but then it goes away after a few weeks. I'd say that if something was fixing you, perhaps you'd not feel it initially but then you'd feel better and better as time went on. From what I've read and heard, that's not what happens.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals