B1 dangers?

jtoro

I have some serious gut issues. A lot of my symptoms are similar to those that describe poisoning due to Cipro/Flagyl. Insane anxiety when I eat starches.
I think this is due to lactic acid issues. I want to try higher dosage of thiamine hcl. Any adverse reactions?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
For myself I find extra potassium and magnesium is needed. B1 draws on both pretty hard.

nikotrope

I have a big potassium deficiency and B1 completely messes me up. Even taking potassium with it doesn't do much and I am trying to load up before going back to B1. Be sure to try small doses at first and don't forget to get potassium and magnesium with it.

InChristAlone

How do ya'll know potassium is low? What are the signs for you?

youngsinatra

I take 3 x 1 gram of B1 daily. With each dose I take 300 mg of magnesium. (as glycinate)
You need to have sufficient amounts of potassium for sure.

Perry Staltic

Does anyone know if taking 100 mg of B1 (50 mg hcl + 50 mg allithiamine) without sufficient magnesium and/or potassium can disrupt sleep cycle?

nikotrope

For me, taking thiamine disrupts everything. I get very dehydrated, lots of stress, heart rhythm issues, etc. All of this leads to poor sleep.
Even with just 25mg TTFD or 50mg HCl.

Dr. B

I take 3 x 1 gram of B1 daily. With each dose I take 300 mg of magnesium. (as glycinate)
You need to have sufficient amounts of potassium for sure.
do you have to supplement or just get like 5000mg daily potassium from milk etc
do vitamin d3, caffeine, policosanols deplete vitamins/minerals/nutrients too?
I have a big potassium deficiency and B1 completely messes me up. Even taking potassium with it doesn't do much and I am trying to load up before going back to B1. Be sure to try small doses at first and don't forget to get potassium and magnesium with it.
what does it do to you? what symptoms

youngsinatra

do you have to supplement or just get like 5000mg daily potassium from milk etc
do vitamin d3, caffeine, policosanols deplete vitamins/minerals/nutrients too?

what does it do to you? what symptoms
No I don‘t supplement with K nor overly focus on it. I get 3000-4000mg of K a day through ordinary food.
900mg of magnesium doesn’t give you any stomach irritation?
No actually not. I have one (to two) very good solid bowel movements a day. I have pretty high vitamin D (~100ng/ml) currently so I need high amounts of magnesium even with low calcium intake to counteract it. (dropped vitamin D supplementation)

Vitamin D really burns through lots of magnesium and potassium in my experience.

aniciete

No I don‘t supplement with K nor overly focus on it. I get 3000-4000mg of K a day through ordinary food.

No actually not. I have one (to two) very good solid bowel movements a day. I have pretty high vitamin D (~100ng/ml) currently so I need high amounts of magnesium even with low calcium intake to counteract it. (dropped vitamin D supplementation)

Vitamin D really burns through lots of magnesium and potassium in my experience.
Wow that pretty high. Have you tried taking k2 to possibly counteract the high D levels?

Dr. B

how did you figure out the vitamin d burning those up, do you get muscle cramps or something.
and that sucks i had been doing 10000 IU d3, and 500mg b1 hcl daily, thinking i may cut the dosages like 500mg b1 once a week and 5000IU d3 daily!

mostlylurking

Does anyone know if taking 100 mg of B1 (50 mg hcl + 50 mg allithiamine) without sufficient magnesium and/or potassium can disrupt sleep cycle?
The timing of when you take the B1 is important. Taking it by 3:00pm is recommended because taking it later in the day can disrupt sleep, via lowering blood sugar. If you take B1 by 3:00pm, it improves sleep; per Dr. Costantini, but I've found this to be true for me.

I'm relying on orange juice for potassium, seems to work fine for me. Magnesium is important, I think there's a need to supplement some. However, Dr. Costantini treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients with high dose thiamine and advised his patients to take something like 75mg of magnesium once a week. I do much better on a higher dose of magnesium myself so I take the equivalent of about 600mg/day of it. I take high dose thiamine hcl; 2 grams/day.

Dr. Costantini's website link: HDT Therapy

Birdie

My husband takes 50mg allithiamine at bedtime and says it gives him a better quality sleep. He takes 1500mg thiamine HDl on arising and takes 1000 after lunch. When he tried the HCl form close to bedtime it bothered sleep.

I take mine in the morning both forms. Dr Costantini advised taking the second dose after lunch or thereabouts to avoid sleep disturbance. It doesn't bother some people though who can take it at bedtime.

Birdie

The timing of when you take the B1 is important. Taking it by 3:00pm is recommended because taking it later in the day can disrupt sleep, via lowering blood sugar. If you take B1 by 3:00pm, it improves sleep; per Dr. Costantini, but I've found this to be true for me.

I'm relying on orange juice for potassium, seems to work fine for me. Magnesium is important, I think there's a need to supplement some. However, Dr. Costantini treated thousands of Parkinson's Disease patients with high dose thiamine and advised his patients to take something like 75mg of magnesium once a week. I do much better on a higher dose of magnesium myself so I take the equivalent of about 600mg/day of it. I take high dose thiamine hcl; 2 grams/day.

Dr. Costantini's website link: HDT Therapy
This what I learned about the timing. Hadn't gotten to your post when I answered...obviously.

Dr. B

My husband takes 50mg allithiamine at bedtime and says it gives him a better quality sleep. He takes 1500mg thiamine HDl on arising and takes 1000 after lunch. When he tried the HCl form close to bedtime it bothered sleep.

I take mine in the morning both forms. Dr Costantini advised taking the second dose after lunch or thereabouts to avoid sleep disturbance. It doesn't bother some people though who can take it at bedtime.
which form is thiamine HDI?
i can take 500mg a couple hours before sleeping no trouble

nikotrope

does it actually absorb when you take the large doses of 100mg+? some claim the excess b vitamins are urinated out.
Even at <100mg you don't absorb everything and you urinate it (same with all the B vitamins, even a small dose of B2 gets my urine very yellow a few hours later). Absorption decreases with bigger doses but you still absorb some.

You can also have bacteria that produce substances similar to thiaminase which can reduce absorption a lot and it's one of the reasons why high doses are often recommended.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals