Who Here Has Gone From Having Belly Fat To Having A Flat Stomach?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@ddjd I made my own with magnesium carbonate and succinic acid I bought off eBay. I wish I could find a source of it premade. The first time I tried it, it put me into this beautiful spiritual mental zone for a couple days. It’s a great supplement I don’t know why it isn’t for sale anywhere.
I was surprised to see it available on Amazon (US). Of course that doesn’t mean the quality is good but it was still surprising to me.

Nebula

I was surprised to see it available on Amazon (US). Of course that doesn’t mean the quality is good but it was still surprising to me.
Could you link which product you’re referring to? I’ve only seen it formulated as a complex with malate/citrate/glycinate before.
Following your posts, and others, I made that same magnesium succinate, but I didn't see the weight loss. Maybe I need to continue on with it. Do you have a figure of lbs lost, and from what period of supplementing?
I attribute magnesium succinate to healing my gut inflammation that was protruding my intestines which had many systemic benefits, but I’d say most of my fat loss was from a low fat diet.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Could you link which product you’re referring to? I’ve only seen it formulated as a complex with malate/citrate/glycinate before.

I attribute magnesium succinate to healing my gut inflammation that was protruding my intestines which had many systemic benefits, but I’d say most of my fat loss was from a low fat diet.
Succinic Acid Amber Acid 80 tabs/0.25g https://a.co/d/3BNMRzb
It’s not the cleanest but could be worse.

Osukhan

fwiw, i ve been using Succinade

Blossom

Forum Supporter
2058C695-76EA-4E6E-ABD6-20B80C865775.png
I also found this one.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Very cool, thanks! I’m mostly intrigued by the reported steroidogenic properties. Has anyone felt hormonal benefits from it?

Inaut

I use malic acid instead of succinic acid now because of availability and price.

i have that stuff, only used it a couple times. I took some before swimming and noticed that I could swim underwater forever without coming up for air. It scared me.

Nebula

That’s the one I used to react with magnesium carbonate.
5g of succinate per dose? I was only doing 250mg combined with magnesium and getting a lot of positive effects. What do you notice at these higher doses?

Mossy

5g of succinate per dose?
Yes, quite a large dose. That is 20x the recommended dose: most articles I've read on it recommend 250mg 3x day. One article noted that if you were healthy and had no health concerns, you could take those 3 doses all at once, in a 750mg dose.

Inaut

Do you notice a difference?
I do actually :) I notice more energy and benefits in the libido department as well. I add some baking soda, potassium bicarbonate, taurine and creatine to the malic acid (in water). It's like an energy drink minus caffeine (i've never done well with it).

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I do actually :) I notice more energy and benefits in the libido department as well. I add some baking soda, potassium bicarbonate, taurine and creatine to the malic acid (in water). It's like an energy drink minus caffeine (i've never done well with it).
Thank you!

Inaut

Thank you!
One thing to note though. If you take more than a gram, it may cause loose stool. I think a quart teaspoon is the ideal amount for most people if it is neutralized with baking soda.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
One thing to note though. If you take more than a gram, it may cause loose stool. I think a quart teaspoon is the ideal amount for most people if it is neutralized with baking soda.
Thanks for the tip.

Mossy

I use malic acid instead of succinic acid now because of availability and price.
There must be a close relationship, similarity between the two.

After a quick search I found the following (which means nothing to my non-scientific mind):

"Both malonic acid and succinic acid are dicarboxylic acids. That means both these compounds contain two carboxylic acid functional groups per one molecule. The key difference between malonic acid and succinic acid is that malonic acid structure has one carbon atom between two carboxylic acid functional groups, whereas succinic acid has two carbon atoms between the two carboxylic acid groups."

Could someone put this in terms of Acids for Dummies?

ddjd

@ddjd I made my own with magnesium carbonate and succinic acid I bought off eBay. I wish I could find a source of it premade. The first time I tried it, it put me into this beautiful spiritual mental zone for a couple days. It’s a great supplement I don’t know why it isn’t for sale anywhere.
Wow I need to try this ASAP . I'm pretty sure i have some succinic acid

ddjd

@Nebula i found my succinic acid and magnesium carbonate powder. so i just dissolve succinic acid in hot water and add magnesium until the acidity turns neutral? (i.e. no more fizzing)

Nebula

@ddjd yeah I think I started with a small amount of water in a small pot, brought it to a simmer until it all dissolved and reacted then added more water so it was easy to drink.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals