Low Toxin Lifestyle The Toxic Ray Peat Diet & Lifestyle is Keeping Many in Captivity...Ray Peat Never Offered A Way Out

Peater

To look at it another way, if he used his approach to work with the ideas of baldness being due to calcification, inflammation etc he would have cracked the puzzle and would gain a huge amount of new followers. I think he said grey hair is due to low zinc. I read that it was due to low copper but I know those two minerals interact so low copper could be a misleading factor...blood levels low due to low zinc not pushing it out, maybe. (Wild baseless guess)

I already mentioned the buffered niacin hair topical "tonic" I found and bought, I was surprised no one was interested.

tallglass13

To look at it another way, if he used his approach to work with the ideas of baldness being due to calcification, inflammation etc he would have cracked the puzzle and would gain a huge amount of new followers. I think he said grey hair is due to low zinc. I read that it was due to low copper but I know those two minerals interact so low copper could be a misleading factor...blood levels low due to low zinc not pushing it out, maybe. (Wild baseless guess)

I already mentioned the buffered niacin hair topical "tonic" I found and bought, I was surprised no one was interested.
I actually made a spray with Nicotinic acid, potassium and t3. I have the bad batch from Duo Health, and am waiting on my order Niacin from LGS> However, even with my Niacin, I really like the way it feels and it dries with no residue. Niacin increases NAD and circulation, so we have a fighting chance.
I dont think Garret cares much about his scalp at this time, otherwise he could be dermarolling, DT massages at least. May be down the road he will make more of and effort to grow hair.

Peater

I actually made a spray with Nicotinic acid, potassium and t3. I have the bad batch from Duo Health, and am waiting on my order Niacin from LGS> However, even with my Niacin, I really like the way it feels and it dries with no residue. Niacin increases NAD and circulation, so we have a fighting chance.
I dont think Garret cares much about his scalp at this time, otherwise he could be dermarolling, DT massages at least. May be down the road he will make more of and effort to grow hair.
That's cool, how did you come up with the idea? I found the product only by chance, searching for liquid niacin (To avoid fillers).

It's good he doesn't care, he seems quite sure of himself - but a lot of men really aren't happy about it, they will fly to Turkey for a hair transplant!

TripleOG

As for his eyes, My perspective is that he has very clear whites of his eyes, no bags underneath. I do note some darkened skin where you think they are bags. He has no "fluid" in that area, hence no bags
Huh?

He clearly has bags under his eyes. And because he’s leaning out, they’re actually slightly more pronounced now than when he had a fatter face.

He doesn’t have much in the way of cheek density, whether that’s inherited or it’s because he dieted down one too many times in his bodybuilding past. You see this a lot in natural bodybuilding when the deficit is produced through excessive calorie reduction.

He does look more androgenic than his earlier streams, though. However, weight loss and resistance training will do that for most people so I’m not ready to anoint low toxin diet as the reason.

Wish he supplied more/better evidence of his face/skin improvements that he says are happening. YT stream quality doesn’t do him justice. If not him then someone else’s testimonial.

deeri681

Well, here I am.....offering you a way out.

The goal of this movement is to get everyone off as many supplements as possible. In the beginning, many of us are so super toxic that to change the Alchemy of the body to a favorable one the Big 5 minerals and niacin are needed. As Dr. Garrett Smith says, the better and less toxic you become the less of the minerals you will need. Once the Alchemy of the body gets set right, I think potassium, magnesium and niacin will be all that is needed with maybe a bit of the other minerals at times.

The goal is also to get everyone off thyroid medication. Time after time in the low toxin lifestyle groups you see person after person coming off their thyroid medications. Ray Peat used thyroid and coffee to try and outrun a toxic diet, the poison always wins and it finally caught him. Never once did Ray Peat offer a way out of taking thyroid medication, well, we have found the answer and you now have a direction you can go that will free you from this captivity.

So again, this is not about chaining you to supplements, this is about eventually being able to get off most the supplements and live by the God given freedom you were given. :hattip
Dr. Garret

The goal of this movement is to get everyone off as many supplements as possible. In the beginning, many of us are so super toxic that to change the Alchemy of the body to a favorable one the Big 5 minerals and niacin are needed. As Dr. Garrett Smith says, the better and less toxic you become the less of the minerals you will need. Once the Alchemy of the body gets set right, I think potassium, magnesium and niacin will be all that is needed with maybe a bit of the other minerals at times.

The goal is also to get everyone off thyroid medication. Time after time in the low toxin lifestyle groups you see person after person coming off their thyroid medications. Ray Peat used thyroid and coffee to try and outrun a toxic diet, the poison always wins and it finally caught him. Never once did Ray Peat offer a way out of taking thyroid medication, well, we have found the answer and you now have a direction you can go that will free you from this captivity.

So again, this is not about chaining you to supplements, this is about eventually being able to get off most the supplements and live by the God given freedom you were given. :hattip
Dr. Garrett Smith SELLS supplements on his site...soooo... Believing that a single nutrient, or lack there of, is the answer to everyone's health issues is beyond insane. Ray peat NEVER promoted a "diet", he believed in doing what worked for the individual. Also Peat, was not a promoter of supplements--a good diet was always #1. Of course, if giving up ALL vitamin A foods, makes you feel better--good for you. Do what works for you. Yet, to preach that everyone needs to do this, is called "false consensus bias". Pushing an agenda on this page, is the most anti-Peat thing I can think of... Might as well just turn this into the Garret Smith Forum....at least then, people wouldn't become so confused when coming to this page.

tallglass13

That's cool, how did you come up with the idea? I found the product only by chance, searching for liquid niacin (To avoid fillers).

It's good he doesn't care, he seems quite sure of himself - but a lot of men really aren't happy about it, they will fly to Turkey for a hair transplant!
I noted that many hair growth formulas try to use some type of B3.. Actually, on amazon, there is a product of liquid Nicotinic Acid ampules for Hair growth. Plus using Niacin topically like Charlie mentioned.

RealNeat

I never said it was the majority I said it was a large amount. I don't see how my post was in anyway misleading
You are taking this harsher than I meant it, I think we can move on. I just didn't want someone to come to the RPF and see a comment that said "many" people accept said rhetoric when I do not think that they do, at least not all aspects of it.

Nimo

We can't really use anecdotes in terms of whether fructose and dairy are good for everyone. My theory is the only ones that will benefit in the end are the fast oxidizers. Which is really hard to do past a certain age. We all slow down and can't utilize a lot of calcium and sugar anymore. You could try speeding yourself up with stimulants but as we saw with Peat that might decrease lifespan. I'd really love to see the ones claiming good health on fructose and dairy do a CBC blood lab. I need to see their bicarb (CO2), anion gap, fasting blood sugar, uric acid and lipid panel. On a high dairy and sugar diet I was near metabolic acidosis and probably cholestasis with fat accumulation as my tissue cholesterol was going sky high (tissue cholesterol is not total cholesterol it's a math equation you can do from your lipid panel)
From my hair mineral analytik i was prestty high fast oxidizer, prior ray pest i was eating alot starch carbs and maybe like 3500kcal i was always around 10bf so alway visible abs. After one year on ray diet where i changed my starches to fruit, juice, honey i was getting worde and worse, then i go to sono and doctor told me i have increased fat around liver, he was shocked as i had abs and had low body fat as aways. So i think even fast oxidizers sometimes dont do well with fructose

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Not the case, Dr Peat said strict dieting in the form of PUFA avoidance was the only way to achieve it.
Yeh well that did not work out well for me, many people, or Ray Peat himself.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And just to be clear, PUFA is a poison and should be avoided as much as possible. :rightagain

InChristAlone

From my hair mineral analytik i was prestty high fast oxidizer, prior ray pest i was eating alot starch carbs and maybe like 3500kcal i was always around 10bf so alway visible abs. After one year on ray diet where i changed my starches to fruit, juice, honey i was getting worde and worse, then i go to sono and doctor told me i have increased fat around liver, he was shocked as i had abs and had low body fat as aways. So i think even fast oxidizers sometimes dont do well with fructose
Thank-you for sharing your experience. How old were you when it showed fast oxidizer? It can sometimes be a false positive depending how old. And I do think a diet of mainly sugar no starch can absolutely tank the liver no matter how fast you are oxidizing.

Nimo

Thank-you for sharing your experience. How old were you when it showed fast oxidizer? It can sometimes be a false positive depending how old. And I do think a diet of mainly sugar no starch can absolutely tank the liver no matter how fast you are oxidizing.
Now im 30yo and test was when i was 24yo. I started ray diet when i was 27 to 28.
As i know only kids till age 4 are real fast oxidizer but i think as i was and still doing weght lifting and cardio it makes me fast oxidizer, when i dont sport it slow my metabolism fór sure

InChristAlone

Now im 30yo and test was when i was 24yo. I started ray diet when i was 27 to 28.
As i know only kids till age 4 are real fast oxidizer but i think as i was and still doing weght lifting and cardio it makes me fast oxidizer, when i dont sport it slow my metabolism fór sure
Ok so yeah could be fast oxidization because of lifestyle not true young child fast metabolism. But your story is a good testimony that even doing sport might not use up all the sugar!

Soren

You are taking this harsher than I meant it, I think we can move on. I just didn't want someone to come to the RPF and see a comment that said "many" people accept said rhetoric when I do not think that they do, at least not all aspects of it.

Thank you for the clarification i probably did interpret it too harshly my apologies, one of the downsides of online communication subtly is often lost on both sides.

hierundjetzt

He had MPB before he started liver detox, and by the way Males go bald in the top region due to head shape, that squeezes the small arterioles on the top of head. not good or bad health. I have plenty of patients that have the worst health , amputated, wounds from diabetes, yet have full head of hair. Try not to be so simple, try to stay positive and cheer people on. All this diet is , is a low toxin diet, No need to fight it, what is the alternative, a High toxin diet? No one on this earth can refute that Vitamin A has a toxic threshold. For some they eat VA for ever, for others they build up and get AutoImmune diseases, arteriolsclerosis, bad teeth, liver disease and so on.
As for his eyes, My perspective is that he has very clear whites of his eyes, no bags underneath. I do note some darkened skin where you think they are bags. He has no "fluid" in that area, hence no bags. That is usually histamine and melanin that localize in certain areas . He is very clear thinking , and has lost a tremendous amount of weight in the last 2 years. He has absolutely no Lipofuscin, no age spots , and he is almost 50. Hardly and grey in his goatee, which is rare now days for men his age.
Too be honest if I ran into him somewhere, I would think he has some serious health issues, he in no way looks like he is in optimal health.
Come to Italy and go into the countryside and there you will see what people with optimal health should look like.

mattmm24

Weird that on stream 55 I was just randomly watching smith is totally against niacin. He says it’s horrible for your liver. What changed? He says it creates a histamine reaction.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What do you think about white carrots or parsnips as bile binders?
White carrots would be OK but I have not looked into parsnips.
Weird that on stream 55 I was just randomly watching smith is totally against niacin. He says it’s horrible for your liver. What changed? He says it creates a histamine reaction.
He got schooled by Kelsey and she showed him that the studies were pretty much bogus that showed liver damage. She basically woke him up to the lies and propaganda that they put out about Niacin to try and discredit. One thing about Dr. Garrett Smith, he will pivot if he gets better information. Here is Kelseys telegram: Nia-Sources and Discussion Group

Source Code

Shouldn’t this be labelled Anti-peat? Since Ray advocated the use of Vitamin A? I think this weird Anti vitamin A god bothering tirade you’re on has derailed the whole forum. Is this not a place to discuss all things Ray Peat? Official stance of the forum? I have to be honest Churchie, this forum has had many brilliant minds share intelligent content lots of intelligent content. But your ‘official stance’ and banning anyone with a dissenting view is clearly authoritarian control over discourse. It limits anyone’s ability to perceive a range of ideas.
hinders any possibility of critical thinking and intellectual growth.
And prevents people from having an informed decision making process so unable to act as it promotes conformity.
It’s straight up Orwellian.
And I think Intertwining your personal beliefs undermines the integrity of scientific inquiry.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals