Retinil - Liquid Vitamin A

B

Braveheart

@bzmazu
I am just saying I prefer the alpha-tocopherol heavy variety as it favors the anti-estrogen effects of vitamin E. Gamma tocopherol seems to affect mostly NO and LOX, which are also good aspects. So, I personally prefer mixed tocopherols with more alpha because the focus will be on estrogen blockade while also getting the anti-NO and LOX inhibition effects. High-gamma mixed tocopherols tend to have mostly anti-inflammatory effects but much less of pro-progesterone and anti-estrogen effects.
So I'm good taking mostly Tocovite and occasionally high gamma

OP
haidut

haidut

So I'm good taking mostly Tocovite and occasionally high gamma

There is probably no need for the separate high-gamma. TocoVit contains enough gamma tocopherol to provide the anti-NO and LOX inhibiting benefits.

B

Braveheart

There is probably no need for the separate high-gamma. TocoVit contains enough gamma tocopherol to provide the anti-NO and LOX inhibiting benefits.
Thank you for that...one less supplement makes me happy...

japanesedude

I've been using Kuinone(1-2 drops) with Vit D(6000IU) and Im considering to add Retinyl Acetate in this mix.
but I saw the post that says VitA can negate the effects of VitD. Do I have to take it separately?

OP
haidut

haidut

I've been using Kuinone(1-2 drops) with Vit D(6000IU) and Im considering to add Retinyl Acetate in this mix.
but I saw the post that says VitA can negate the effects of VitD. Do I have to take it separately?

Actually they synergize with each other. The opposition effect is more of a fearmongering than based on facts.

japanesedude

good to hear that. thanks again haidut.
I had some bad experience with cheap 10000IU retynil palmitate which gave me an horrible joint pain.
so I will try Retynil acetate in much smaller doses.

Peatogenic

No, it is beta carotene that is dangerous. If you Goggle it you will find the studies.

Do you think eating a few carrot salads a week and occasional sweet potatoes is enough beta carotene for the carcinogen effect in smokers? Or is this mainly with supplementation?

OP
haidut

haidut

Do you think eating a few carrot salads a week and occasional sweet potatoes is enough beta carotene for the carcinogen effect in smokers? Or is this mainly with supplementation?

The studies that found carcinogenic effect were all with supplemental beta carotene and I think a few carrots salads and sweet potatoes will not come close to the amounts ingested as pills by those people in the studies. Even a small dose of vitamin E (50 - 100 IU a few times weekly) provides robust protection from beta carotene side effects.

Peatogenic

The studies that found carcinogenic effect were all with supplemental beta carotene and I think a few carrots salads and sweet potatoes will not come close to the amounts ingested as pills by those people in the studies. Even a small dose of vitamin E (50 - 100 IU a few times weekly) provides robust protection from beta carotene side effects.

Ok, thank you

teds

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to give feedback -
this is amazing on my skin! Out a few drops on before a little olive oil at night.. wow.. ladies, gents.. get into it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Just wanted to give feedback -
this is amazing on my skin! Out a few drops on before a little olive oil at night.. wow.. ladies, gents.. get into it.

Amazing! Thanks so much for the great feedback!
Any specific effects - on wrinkles, spots, moles, etc?

teds

Forum Supporter
Amazing! Thanks so much for the great feedback!
Any specific effects - on wrinkles, spots, moles, etc?
Pigmentation seems to reduce and akin appears smoother but not because of plumping out (which I’ve previously experienced).. almost more taught..

Regina

Pigmentation seems to reduce and akin appears smoother but not because of plumping out (which I’ve previously experienced).. almost more taught..
That is my experience too. I've been putting a few drops of Retinol on my upper chest at night. I'm in a sunny climate now. As soon as I got in the sun, I noted that my chest quickly got zits, "age" spots and a couple of rice krispee looking textures. The Retinol worked astonishingly quickly to reduce the pigmentation and zits. And the rice krispees are flatter.

RayPeatFan777

What are the practical differences between PALMITATE and ACETATE? I tried to find the answer using the search function but couldnt find anything
@haidut I am considering ordering but I dont know which one

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

What are the practical differences between PALMITATE and ACETATE? I tried to find the answer using the search function but couldnt find anything
@haidut I am considering ordering but I dont know which one

The acetate has higher retinol equivalency than palmitate per given dose. Also, most of the studies for anti-cancer effects were with acetate. That being said, the palmitate version is the one preferentially stored in the liver. Both are good, and people buy both. The acetate is ethanol-based and as such dries out quickly on the skin and does not stain clothes.

NextLevel_

I dont know why, but every time I use Vitamin A by Idealabs (Retinil Acetate) I start to feel very tired, weak and unmotivated. I feel like I need to sleep.

It doesnt matter if I take just 1 drop or 3-4 drops. Also it doesnt matter if I combine it with D, and K2.

What could be the reason for it?

OP
haidut

haidut

I dont know why, but every time I use Vitamin A by Idealabs (Retinil Acetate) I start to feel very tired, weak and unmotivated. I feel like I need to sleep.

It doesnt matter if I take just 1 drop or 3-4 drops. Also it doesnt matter if I combine it with D, and K2.

What could be the reason for it?

Have you tested your vitamin A and/or D levels? Low vitamin D levels often cause issues when supplementing with A. Also, vitamin A lowers/blocks cortisol and this can lead to feeling tired if thyroid function is also low and cannot pick up the slack from lowered cortisol.
Vitamin A Lowers High Cortisol Levels (Cushing Disease)
Vitamin A (retinol derivatives) is an anti-cortisol agent

Judd Crane

How should an adverse reaction to retinyl (2400 iu orally) be interpreted? I experienced numb feet and poor sleep quality with vivid dreams. Up until this I have been supplementing with beta-carotene (25,000 iu) for three of months. I don't have any bad snp's for beta-carotene conversion, hypothyroidism nor orange skin tone. Could my Vitamin A levels be too high or too low?

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals