Installed Advanced Security System Due To Hack Attempts

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Charlie, fwiw I just received a couple of security alerts (I am currently interstate at the moment) unless I get a bunch more I will ignore.
I have disabled that part of the program. Its giving off too many alerts and a member brought up to me that there is privacy concerns. It's not worth the extra effort or time to get it working right and with the privacy concerns it's totally not worth it. Your anonymity and privacy are more important to me. I will also be deleting all fingerprint logs.

You will only get a notification of failed password attempts now. Once a certain amount of failed attempts are met that will trigger a notification to you.

edit to add truncate screenshot:
truncate.png

Last edited:

moss

I will also be deleting all fingerprint logs.
With regards to computers I am an ignoramus and so I have no idea what you are talking about deleting all fingerprint logs.... :( gotcha otherwise.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
With regards to computers I am an ignoramus and so I have no idea what you are talking about deleting all fingerprint logs...
It basically identifies your computer. If another computer were to sign onto your account you would be notified and could figure out if someone else was signing into your account without your permission. However, as I was notified, this could potentially have some privacy concerns. I was only providing the option for users who were interested in helping to keep their account here secure. And since the privacy issues were brought up I am more then happy to disable it. :personalcomputer:

Makrosky

The risk will be there while the forum being public. I would make it private, hidden it from search engines and let for future people know it by recommendation or invites from close buddies.
Totally disagree with this :):

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

goodandevil

The risk will be there while the forum being public. I would make it private, hidden it from search engines and let for future people know it by recommendation or invites from close
If you have more risk... it's good because more people are finding the forum. I wouldn't make it private... you want people to find it. People probably want to hack it because it has such a big user base now. As long as the forum and server are updated with the latest security patches, we should be good... most hacks come from when people don't patch there systems and leave something vulnerable.

I concur, making it private would defeat the purpose and the dissemination of ray's work.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
This forum will never be private. Users will never be charged to use this forum.

"Knowledge isn’t a commodity, especially not a fungible commodity, as the medical business sees it. Consciousness and culture are part of the life process. It is exactly the commoditization of medical knowledge that makes it dangerous, and generally stupid. " - Ray Peat

goodandevil

This forum will never be private. Users will never be charged to use this forum.

"Knowledge isn’t a commodity, especially not a fungible commodity, as the medical business sees it. Consciousness and culture are part of the life process. It is exactly the commoditization of medical knowledge that makes it dangerous, and generally stupid. " - Ray Peat

Thumbs up

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Vos said:
Of course, it's too late now. Anyone who has logged in has already been fingerprinted. .
Yes, anyone who logged in was fingerprinted. However, I deleted those fingerprints from the database and disabled anymore fingerprints.
Vos said:
The ISP has all the fingerprint records on their servers, if the government wants them to investigate the grey market supplements that are being used there to "experiment on their rats"
All computers broadcast fingerprints at all times unless the person knows how to block them. And even then, all fingerprints cannot be blocked. An ISP having records of device fingerprints has nothing to do with the forum because as I stated all computers broadcast them. If the ISP wants to store that information that is their choice. Device fingerprinting is becoming more widely used and many companies use it. Due to the sensitive information we share on this forum, I am in agreement that it is best not used here and am glad it was brought up to me.

Vos said:
I would also implore that nobody trust what Charlie Mathers says. He is already known to tell lies about me and the way in which banned me without any reason whatsoever.
I have not lied about Vos. He was banned for threatening the forum with copyright actions if I did not delete all his posts here. Before the ban, he was put on mod que while we were trying to decide what to do about the complaints against him. He then started making demands which then escalated up to legal action threats. Once he threatened this forum with legal actions, I banned him. The moderators that were here at the time can attest to this.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Who the hell would want to hack a health forum?
Someone trying to save the Ray Peat oriented scientific studies that apparently I am holding hostage and will eventually offer them up for ransom. :ss

Someone trying to save the Ray Peat oriented scientific studies that apparently I am holding hostage and will eventually offer them up for ransom. :ss

It's too late charlie, now everyone thinks it's big pharma and george soros

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

< Rain

Bless Your Soul LAW & ORDER.:clapping: The dedication is amazing. Thank You.
I am seeing RP site coming up more when I search Google - and some of these posts get thousands of views on the date they are posted.
People need the Truth. Truth will destroy the Enemy.

Recently a group of Canadian researchers is set to unveil a computer Operating system, Subgraph which protects its users from digital attacks (The hackers trying to build a hack-proof operating system). The interesting part is that the hackers are trying to build a hackproof operating system. The importance of secure computing is catching up with all forms from banks to smart home monitoring systems. They are backed by $300,000 in funding from the US Govt.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals