Solving My Mystery Illness

LLight

I have been interested in this also. I guess the answer would be bitters, bile movers or anything that helps to unblock the outflow of bile, depending on the causative factor. I have been looking for a detailed anti SIBO protocol, which has everything required for it, like stomach acid support, bile support, antimicrobials, biofilm breakers and some food suggestions. I would follow a protocol if there was a detailed one.

Limiting your fluid intake could increase your vasopressin, which seems to have an effect on bile flow, at least in mice. It could also promote the production of antimicrobial peptides (which could allow to fight biofilms).

OP
Max23

Max23

Went to a bioresonance study. It said my health was generally good, but pointed towards some problems. Some things were suprisingly accurate, though I doubt to validity of the test. It said that there are mainly alkaline reactions in my cells, also the the system has a good resistance to bio-pathogenic factors, but is hyperergic. It also said my biological age was five years younger, chakras were open, aura was great. The description of the condition of my spine was surprisingly accurate. Of active pathogenic infections it showed allergen mucor of fungi, no bacterial species, human alphaherpesvirus 2 and orthohantavirus of viruses and trichuris vulpis of helminths. It described various other possible conditions and provided information:

upload_2020-1-31_16-7-55.png

upload_2020-1-31_16-8-33.png

upload_2020-1-31_16-9-5.png

Changes in spine is quite accurate I think. Doing something about it is my main concern right now. Because I want to maintain the ability to walk. Nothing really helps it. About the changes in organ systems, I think there really is a problem with the thyroid, pancreas and small intestine. The info about bile duct inflammation is really interesting. How did it now about the chronic inflammation of the prostate and that it is of mixed origin? The test said that I have an abundance of vitamins, but a threonine and histidine deficiency. Those deficiencies really fit, but I can´t imagine how it can be?

OP
Max23

Max23

More things to try - Ox bile ( 500 mg ) with food, clove tincture, cascara ( a LOT of it ) every other day. For me , parasite cleansing around New Moon and full moon. Also, try getting castor oil caps from Now Foods and freeze then a couple weeks and take a few at night for a few days in a row.

Those things I haven´t tried and I think they are worth a shot, although I would have to order them online. Would be a great idea to do a protocol or a thorough cleansing during the full moon.

RWilly

I don't know if you read my earlier comments about looking into a copper deficiency for many of your other symptoms, but a copper deficiency also impacts gait.

Copper Deficiency Myelopathy Produces a Clinical Picture Like Subacute Combined Degeneration - PubMed

Objective: To describe the clinical, biochemical, electrophysiologic, and imaging characteristics in 13 patients with myelopathy associated with copper deficiency.

Methods: The records of patients with a copper deficiency-associated myelopathy were reviewed. Clinical characteristics, laboratory investigations, and responses to therapeutic intervention were summarized.

Results: Thirteen such patients were found, 11 of them in a 15-month period. All patients presented with prominent gait difficulty, reflecting a sensory ataxia due to dorsal column dysfunction and lower limb spasticity. All patients had polyneuropathy. A high or high-normal serum zinc level was seen in 7 of the 11 patients for whom this information was available. Somatosensory evoked potential studies done in eight patients showed impaired conduction in central proprioceptive pathways. Dorsal column signal change on spine MRI was present in three patients. An initial clue to the diagnosis was a very low ceruloplasmin level; further tests of copper metabolism excluded Wilson disease. The cause remained unexplained in most patients. Oral copper supplementation restored normal or near-normal copper levels in 7 of the 12 patients in whom adequate follow-up data were available; parenteral supplementation restored normal level in 3 further patients. Copper supplementation prevented further neurologic deterioration, but the degree of actual improvement was variable.

Conclusions: Unrecognized copper deficiency appears to be a common cause of idiopathic myelopathy in adults. The clinical picture bears striking similarities to the syndrome of subacute combined degeneration associated with vitamin B12 deficiency. Early recognition and copper supplementation may prevent neurologic deterioration.

OP
Max23

Max23

Gentian and ginger combo for bitters @Max23 . Gentian can be cooling so the ginger compliments it.

Just be consistent with it before meals and over time digestion should get better (in addition to some of the other suggestions here).

I would like to test bitters very much. I have been struggling to find good products. Gentian I really haven´t seen in stores. What exactly do you mean by gentian and ginger? Do you have specific products to recommend?

Inaut

I would like to test bitters very much. I have been struggling to find good products. Gentian I really haven´t seen in stores. What exactly do you mean by gentian and ginger? Do you have specific products to recommend?

I just have the powdered herbs and take about a half teaspoon of each together.

OP
Max23

Max23

Recent developments:

CortiNon - three drops orally before three workouts have provided amazing benefits. I have had great workouts, I think I have been able to improve some muscle strenght, lift weights after four months and train practically all of the muscles. This product goes to the top of my supplement list that has improved exercise performance. It has similar effects to vitamin D and boron. So I think calcium or it´s dysregulation plays a huge role in my muscle malfunctioning and also I think in bone problems. I just don´t understand why?

Cyproheptadine – After 35 days of use I have begun to taper it off. I am now pretty sure it is causing butt pain and is worsening paresthesia. Now I feel those right after ingestion. I don´d know why it happens? Maybe it is due to its anticholinergic effects. Paresthesia is definitely the side effect of cyproheptadine.

Mometasone – I used it a few weeks ago and it cleared up my eczema and it definitely reduced the effects of food allergies. Now the eczema is back, but I keep wondering what is the effect of autoimmunity in my condition? I don´t want to mess with glucocorticoids, but I thought I´d try it as experiment. Did not notice much side effects. Six days ago I put some of the cream on my eczema and some of it might have gotten near my eye. The substance can cause glaucoma or cataracts. I have been having increasing headache and eye pain ever since. I don´t know if it is this product or maybe it is cyproheptadine. Shouldn´t have messed with this drug, the doctors use really lethal poisons. Another really stupid mistake.

OP
Max23

Max23

Hey buddy,

I understand where you’re coming from.

Your waking pulse is quite low.

Have you experimented with powdered gelatin to help with satisfaction?

I do 12 tbsp a day of gelatin that I mix in with coffee + ice cream + Kalona Milk + coconut oil + cane sugar + salt.

I found that I am so sensitive to starch, muscle meat, pufa, thickening agents that it took getting rid as much as possible to see a difference.

Interesting about dairy, Dr. Peat wrote that many people who struggle with dairy usually choose the wrong source of dairy; once I started doing Kalona milk, parmigiana reggiano cheese, and vanilla ice cream with no thickening agents my world changed.

Increasing saturated fat with better quality protein has made a tremendous difference in satisfaction with myself.

Also, when you talk about satisfaction to food, some people are used to feeling satisfied on foods that lower their blood sugar; I use to only eat 1500 calories a day; now I consume 3000 a day. When I first started following Peat and tried new foods, I was never satisfied. I was eating 4000 calories a day because my metabolism was ready to roll with all these new foods. Don’t be surprised if you see some similarities when you eliminate foods that feed endotoxin and lower blood sugar.

I have never tried powdered gelatin. This is something that has to be ordered online I guess. A very peatian product that I have not yet tried. Could you recommend a product? I have not heard of Kalona Milk before. Sounds like a great recipe you described.

I have been dairy free for a long time, but now have begun to try different dairy products, because something in it improves my excercise performance. Two days ago I had parmigiano reggiano with butter and bread and had no problems aside the initial minor itch. Maybe my allergy has changed as well. I think the more liquid dairy products are more unsuitable for me, like yogurts, cottage cheese, milk and better ones are cheese and ice cream.

My five day pulse and temperature:
upload_2020-2-2_15-35-50.png

OP
Max23

Max23

I don't know if you read my earlier comments about looking into a copper deficiency for many of your other symptoms, but a copper deficiency also impacts gait.

Copper Deficiency Myelopathy Produces a Clinical Picture Like Subacute Combined Degeneration - PubMed

Objective: To describe the clinical, biochemical, electrophysiologic, and imaging characteristics in 13 patients with myelopathy associated with copper deficiency.

Methods: The records of patients with a copper deficiency-associated myelopathy were reviewed. Clinical characteristics, laboratory investigations, and responses to therapeutic intervention were summarized.

Results: Thirteen such patients were found, 11 of them in a 15-month period. All patients presented with prominent gait difficulty, reflecting a sensory ataxia due to dorsal column dysfunction and lower limb spasticity. All patients had polyneuropathy. A high or high-normal serum zinc level was seen in 7 of the 11 patients for whom this information was available. Somatosensory evoked potential studies done in eight patients showed impaired conduction in central proprioceptive pathways. Dorsal column signal change on spine MRI was present in three patients. An initial clue to the diagnosis was a very low ceruloplasmin level; further tests of copper metabolism excluded Wilson disease. The cause remained unexplained in most patients. Oral copper supplementation restored normal or near-normal copper levels in 7 of the 12 patients in whom adequate follow-up data were available; parenteral supplementation restored normal level in 3 further patients. Copper supplementation prevented further neurologic deterioration, but the degree of actual improvement was variable.

Conclusions: Unrecognized copper deficiency appears to be a common cause of idiopathic myelopathy in adults. The clinical picture bears striking similarities to the syndrome of subacute combined degeneration associated with vitamin B12 deficiency. Early recognition and copper supplementation may prevent neurologic deterioration.

I read everything you posted. I don´t have gait problems, it is a neurological contition. My foot and spine bones are not how they are supposed to be and there are problems with muscles, which in compination cause my walking problem. Myelopathy should also show some neurological signs. I´m not ruling anything out though.

DB_2014

I have almost exactly all the same symptoms. My liver just came back severely enlarged on a CT scan. Thanks to the CT scan and my recent iron panels, I'm now looking into iron overload. Might want to check your most recent iron labs.

Velve921

I have never tried powdered gelatin. This is something that has to be ordered online I guess. A very peatian product that I have not yet tried. Could you recommend a product? I have not heard of Kalona Milk before. Sounds like a great recipe you described.

I have been dairy free for a long time, but now have begun to try different dairy products, because something in it improves my excercise performance. Two days ago I had parmigiano reggiano with butter and bread and had no problems aside the initial minor itch. Maybe my allergy has changed as well. I think the more liquid dairy products are more unsuitable for me, like yogurts, cottage cheese, milk and better ones are cheese and ice cream.

My five day pulse and temperature:
View attachment 16549

I use Great Lakes Gelatin. The way I started was doing 2 tbsp per day and adding 1 tbsp per month thereafter until eventually I got to 12 a day. Now, it’s the major it’s of my protein.

When it comes to dairy, I found that quality is critical. I go based on how my body responds. Kalona milk is unconditional; parmigiana reggiano cheese and ice cream with no gums are as well. However, I tried random cheese sticks from microbial enzymes and I’ve seen no negative effects; however, parmigiana reggiano cheese really stabilizes my blood sugar by comparison.

You said you notice the minor itch after consuming cheese, butter, and bread... as Dr. Peat has talked about, starchy foods can lead to a lot of endotoxin; especially if the digestive tract is upset.

If you go through your diet below, there is a lot of starch which can feed endotoxin if that is the case. All of my athletes were chronic starch consumers; every time they removed it completely, all of them reported an amazing burst of energy and decrease in brain fog.

“Breakfast-millet porridge, rice galettes, ham, tea; lunch-experiments with dairy every other day, occasionally eggs, meat, potatoes, fruit,sweets, coffee; dinner-potatoes, rice, vegetables, buckwheat, meat, fish, juice, sometimes sweats, fruit. So gluten free, high calorie, practically dairy free, some PUFA definitely.”

And if endotoxin is high, then insoluble fiber can be invaluable to start cleaning things up a bit. Whenever I do raw carrot salad or white button mushrooms, my metabolism raises instantly! Temperature and pulse will be in the 90s and 99 F after consuming boiled white button mushrooms.

Experimentation is the true way to understand and there are some people that do fine on starch. However, many do not.

If you haven’t yet, watch all of Danny Roddy’s super chats with Georgi. Below is a good one about digestion:

OP
Max23

Max23

I have almost exactly all the same symptoms. My liver just came back severely enlarged on a CT scan. Thanks to the CT scan and my recent iron panels, I'm now looking into iron overload. Might want to check your most recent iron labs.

Really? I have never heard of or read about someone having similar symptoms to me, especially the muscle problems. My recent iron was 6,6 μmol/l (referange range 11,6-31,3 μmol/l). So it was low. I have been thinking more and more about doing the low vitamin A diet.

OP
Max23

Max23

Have been doing a low vitamin A diet for over three weeks. I still eat some pork, almost all fish, sometimes seeds or nuts, chicken skins and have been taking supplements regularly. Other than that it is a a low vitamin A diet. It has been successful.
I have experienced positive effects: better muscle contraction, better stool (consistently brown and large in volume), earwax production has started, better muscle stretching, improved dexterity, imorived left hand function, easier and more pleasureable to do tasks with both hands, some muscles seem to have grown, increased muscle strenght, better breathing. Negative effects have been: reduced urinary flow, a little bit prostatitis, calcium supplments cause tonsil stones (something before the diet stopped that).
I still have major health problems, like major muscle pain, everdecreasing ability to walk, eczema, eye pain and other problems.
I have done some stupid things and had setbacks, but want to see this experiment further.

OP
Max23

Max23

Took a pill of activated charcoal and it created an eczematic rash on my hand (my eczema was controlled with Eucerin 30% urea). Began trying AC last year which is the time I developed eczema. I´ve got a fear AC might have directly caused it. Why on earth would that be? One idea would be that it leaks into the blood or causes leaky gut? Or maybe is allergenic somehow? Threw that **** away. Other stuff that increase eczematic itch are dairy, eggs, 500mg of niacin and also I think xanax and GABA.

On the low vitamin A diet: facial flush, prostatitis and reduced urinary flow are making me curious. The diet seems to be causing it. Maybe some bacterial problems, SIBO or something like that are making it worse. Other fear is that it has something to do with electrolytes and the diet might cause a deficiency of them, since filtered water can also causes these symptoms.

RWilly

Have been doing a low vitamin A diet for over three weeks. I still eat some pork, almost all fish, sometimes seeds or nuts, chicken skins and have been taking supplements regularly. Other than that it is a a low vitamin A diet. It has been successful.
I have experienced positive effects: better muscle contraction, better stool (consistently brown and large in volume), earwax production has started, better muscle stretching, improved dexterity, imorived left hand function, easier and more pleasureable to do tasks with both hands, some muscles seem to have grown, increased muscle strenght, better breathing. Negative effects have been: reduced urinary flow, a little bit prostatitis, calcium supplments cause tonsil stones (something before the diet stopped that).
I still have major health problems, like major muscle pain, everdecreasing ability to walk, eczema, eye pain and other problems.
I have done some stupid things and had setbacks, but want to see this experiment further.

Wow! Very interesting! Glad you are feeling better in many ways.

On the low vitamin A diet: facial flush, prostatitis and reduced urinary flow are making me curious. The diet seems to be causing it. Maybe some bacterial problems, SIBO or something like that are making it worse. Other fear is that it has something to do with electrolytes and the diet might cause a deficiency of them, since filtered water can also causes these symptoms.

Do you think that your sodium intake may have changed between the 2 diets as well?

OP
Max23

Max23

Wow! Very interesting! Glad you are feeling better in many ways.

Do you think that your sodium intake may have changed between the 2 diets as well?

Well I have seen some positive effects, but overall my health is pretty bad, especially my legs and feet. My sodium intake is lower with this diet, because I have huge salt cravings with it. I rarely have had them previously. Today I felt really cold, then I ate salty potato chips and my feet went warm really quickly.

SQu

To me your list of symptoms suggested hypothyroidism with its major knock on effect, poor digestion, gall bladder and liver issues. You did mention taking thyroid. If you went into more detail about thyroid supplementing I must have missed it. But if you mean T4, that could be your problem right there.

To help digestion, I agree about bitters.

And the other thing that struck me on reading your symptoms was that progesterone may help. I know there's the libido problem, but see how you can work around that. You mentioned good results from cortinon so that's confirming.

OP
Max23

Max23

To me your list of symptoms suggested hypothyroidism with its major knock on effect, poor digestion, gall bladder and liver issues. You did mention taking thyroid. If you went into more detail about thyroid supplementing I must have missed it. But if you mean T4, that could be your problem right there.

To help digestion, I agree about bitters.

And the other thing that struck me on reading your symptoms was that progesterone may help. I know there's the libido problem, but see how you can work around that. You mentioned good results from cortinon so that's confirming.

I agree hypothyroidism must be in play for sure. Recently I have been thinking about vitamin A, how it could cause thyroiditis or how it competes with thyroid´s transport proteins. I have tried Tyronene, T3 with various quantities. Cynomel wasn´t delivered to me. T4 I have not tried. Tyronene caused eye pain so I couldn´t take it any more. It did something good with the body´s water regime. I could drink more and not pee it out immediately.

I just finished trying artichoke juice. It had a vile taste, but caused a pleasant abdomen contraction feeling at first. Later it caused anal and eczematic itch and acid reflux. I have a feeling all bitters might cause that. As if they stimulate bile, bile can´t get out, enters the blood and causes the reaction.

CortiNon has been amazing before excercise. I haven´t dared to go over four drops or try it daily.

Edit: One thing I wanted to add. After I take CortiNon songs start to play in my head. This youthful thing has been absent during my illness and some chemicals have been able to turn it on.

OP
Max23

Max23

On the low vitamin A diet for almost two months. The positive effects have gone away, exept the stool sinks every time, is large in volume, but is consistently almost always white. Body has gotten quite cold and I have low energy. Feet have deformed further and it is very painful to walk.

OP
Max23

Max23

Would anyone have any idea why cyprohepdadine causes increased paresthesia for me, like my limbs are full of electricity? I don´t really get it. Calcium should have a role in my muscle problems. I have been thinking about calcium channels recently. Cyproheptadine should block them and have the opposing effect, but it doesn´t. I wonder why?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals