Green and other teas mood goes down

biggirlkisss

I notice if i dont eat with tea right away or have later on I start to feel little nausea mood goes down feels like low blood sugar have some carbs better with protein goes away. Is the tea eatting my glyogen stores and that why I'm having this mood nausea slightly crash?

I notice if i dont eat with tea right away or have later on I start to feel little nausea mood goes down feels like low blood sugar have some carbs better with protein goes away. Is the tea eatting my glyogen stores and that why I'm having this mood nausea slightly crash?
I get that nauseous feeling after just a few sips with black tea, but with tons of sugar in it I am just fine. Black coffee takes much longer to get me feeling queasy if I don’t get to food, but black tea nausea kicks in in mere minutes.

Peachy

Could be a blood sugar thing like you said. I also don’t do well with tea if I oversteep it (tannins).

A-Tim

I have a similar effect with green tea.

One green tea on an empty stomach leads to nausea. If I have one green tea with food it's fine. A second green tea shorty after, regardless of having eaten, then nausea. I assume its one or more of the plant chemicals. Put me off having it. I mostly stick to coffee now.

LadyRae

Green tea and matcha on an empty stomach will give me nausea every time. In fact matcha made me vomit a few times. This never happens with black coffee so I don't think it's a blood sugar issue, there's just something in the green tea that irritates my stomach lining

yes this. I love to drink green tea and black tea. But it tears my stomach/liver/gallbladder up! I gave it up a while ago. I would often have these odd liver pains for days after drinking green tea, matcha was the worst offender. I suffered years not understanding what was causing it! I went to the doctor and even the ER a few times over the pains.

I would give up tea because of the fluoride, but would sometimes go back to it because it is so delicious. I would suffer and I finally figured it out. I miss it though :grumpy:

With black tea I think the problem was the tannins. I think it depletes vitamins or iron because I would be tired for days after drinking it.

Jennifer

I get that nauseous feeling after just a few sips with black tea, but with tons of sugar in it I am just fine. Black coffee takes much longer to get me feeling queasy if I don’t get to food, but black tea nausea kicks in in mere minutes.

Same here. As long as I have a bite of food just prior to having a cup of tea, I don’t experience nausea.

S.Holmes

Tea (green or black) has more fluoride than any other food or beverage. Fluoride is a ubiquitous toxin that destroys your thyroid (at the very least). Tea

Bluebell

I get that sometimes, with tea on an empty stomach, especially green. I've read it's the plant tannins in tea that does it. Milk can mitigate the tannins a little bit.
If I have food first though it's OK.

Last edited:

FrostedShores

I've given up on tea. No matter how I prepare it (by itself, with sugar, with milk, etc.) it makes me nauseous, I wind up with muscle soreness, and it often induces a headache. Coffee used to do the same thing, but recently I've been able to drink coffee without any side effects. I'm thinking it might be a liver issue, but I'm not sure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals