Video game character has mental issues from eating potatoes

Starchless

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvq1uAjLkJw

I remember this DLC character called hugo from street fighter 4, if you watch the animation you can see that this guy is being bullied by everyone whilst begging for his "mamas potatoes' (sign of learned helplessness) and he is quite obviously addicted to the potatoes.

If you see his personality, he has most of the high serotonin traits, as well as many autistic traits. It's strikingly similar to how starch eaters act in real life, they become big and strong physically (good for gains) but have anger issues and high serotonin (***t for brains) What do you guys think?

It reminds me of bodybuilders who eat lots of starch and take steroids, they usually always have some kind of social anxiety and speech impairment, but look stronger physically than everyone else.

Potatoes have solanine, and people who react to it become aggressive (including me), the starch also plays a part however, from my understanding, potatoes are actually a very pro-serotonin food

Last edited:

Nebula

Starch only seems to raise serotonin and inflammation if it’s poorly digested which is the case for many people with suboptimal energy production. I had no problem with starch until I crashed my metabolism with keto and undereating. For the time being I feel better without it.

aniciete

It's strikingly similar to how starch eaters act in real life, they become big and strong physically (good for gains) but have anger issues and high serotonin (***t for brains)
Ray Peat is big and strong but has anger issues and high serotonin? Hmm

Summer

Can’t say I agree. Starch certainly doesn’t make one big and strong physically, and there are plenty of sociable people who eat it.

Nebula is likely right in that it comes down to your ability to digest it. Heck, most people probably don’t even chew it enough let alone prepare it right.

Nomane Euger

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvq1uAjLkJw

I remember this DLC character called hugo from street fighter 4, if you watch the animation you can see that this guy is being bullied by everyone whilst begging for his "mamas potatoes' (sign of learned helplessness) and he is quite obviously addicted to the potatoes.

If you see his personality, he has most of the high serotonin traits, as well as many autistic traits. It's strikingly similar to how starch eaters act in real life, they become big and strong physically (good for gains) but have anger issues and high serotonin (***t for brains) What do you guys think?

It reminds me of bodybuilders who eat lots of starch and take steroids, they usually always have some kind of social anxiety and speech impairment, but look stronger physically than everyone else.

Hi,why do you claim that the cause of his mental issues are from eating starches if the author him self didn’t claim that,or he didn’t show anything explicit enough that prove the character mental issues are from starches?

Gânico

Hi,why do you claim that the cause of his mental issues are from eating starches if the author him self didn’t claim that,or he didn’t show anything explicit enough that prove the character mental issues are from starches?
:ss:ss:ss

OP
S

Starchless

Why would the author try to prove that the starches cause mental illness?

My sort of speculation here is not that the author was trying to say starch causes mental issues, my point is that the author somehow knew based off his instincts that a character who is aggressive and mentally disabled would love to eat potatoes. It's like this unconscious knowledge that people have.

Potatoes especially, can make people aggressive. It's not only the starch though, it's also the solanine in the potatoes that can cause anger and depression in people, I am allergic to the solanine in white potatoes and become really aggressive/unhappy if I eat them, like trying to punch people type of aggressive. Some react, some don't.

But other starches, like sweet potatoes and rice do cause me a very similar issue, so the starch does play a part in the aggression and antisocial behaviour.

Nebula

the starch does play a part in the aggression and antisocial behaviour.
Historically I do think there is something to this. When civilizations become grain based many societies become very militant and based on slavery with strict caste systems with political control being imposed with a deficient grain only diet for lower classes used as expandable machines worked to death or as cannon fodder. Maybe certain grains, starches, and other foods that are more inflammatory lead to more serotonin based cultures. Some cultures figure out how to reduce inflammatory effects of foods better than others or their bodies just adapted to digesting them better.

OP
S

Starchless

Historically I do think there is something to this. When civilizations become grain based many societies become very militant and based on slavery with strict caste systems with political control being imposed with a deficient grain only diet for lower classes used as expandable machines worked to death or as cannon fodder. Maybe certain grains, starches, and other foods that are more inflammatory lead to more serotonin based cultures. Some cultures figure out how to reduce inflammatory effects of foods better than others or their bodies just adapted to digesting them better.
I think reactions to starch change depending on your natural/environments' serotonin levels, for example:

Healthier males/individuals who haven't been exposed to much stress produce less serotonin, same with some people who naturally have a lower serotonin production. These people can sort of "get away" with the serotonin increase that come with starches, especially since the net effect of starch is more testosterone production, because carbs are still carbs which has beneficial effects on testosterone and other health aspects. So since their serotonin is already low, I'm guessing all the carbs are really doing in the grand scheme of things is bumping down their cortisol and increasing their testosterone. I wish that starch would create energy from dopamine rather than serotonin, life would be a different story, imagine getting a stimulated/coffee effect from potatoes rather than a drowsy depressed effect.

But anyway, for people sensitive to high serotonin (like myself) starchy vegetables need to go back into the ground where they belong.

OP
S

Starchless

Best shitpost I've seen here, had to check if James posted this
This is indeed a shitpost, but it's not the kind of shitpost you should flush down easily, it's the kind of shitpost that you should use as a sample for further examination.

Potatoes do make people angry and aggressive, nobody notices it so it's easy to call it a placebo effect.

Jam

:rolling

-Luke-

Donkey Kong is also a pretty aggressive dude from eating to many bananas. Probably unripe bananas?

And Mario and Luigi used to throw turtle shells at other people in Mario Kart. Since they're Italian, probably too much pasta.

We're on to something here.

freeflow

I also get bad effects from it like previously listed by others, and also ruins my sleep if i have it for dinner.
But i only have these problems since my health is struggling, before that i never noticed or had these kind of anger issues.

Korven

Crash Bandicoot seems like a high dopamine/low serotonin guy and he eats mainly Wumpa Fruit.

It all makes sense now.

low serotonin.png

OP
S

Starchless

Potatoe starch, is like poison to me. |

It elicits the following effects:
-Anhedonia
-Kills libido
-Reduces positive thoughts
-Makes me very fatigued.

ALL of these symptoms occur 24 HOURS after ingestion.
Yo Lokzo are you lucas? I'm the same guy on your channel who was talking about the root vegetables having serotonergic compounds, I tried eating african yams (dioscorea) to see what would happen and it killed my libido, the next day I woke up with no erections.

Sweet potato is a little more sneaky for me, it boosts my libido for 1 day and kills my libido towards the end of the day, then I get the crap symptoms for 2 days with no libido and anhedonia. I wonder what the reason is

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom