TLR4 Associated With Body Fatness (in Humans)

Koveras

New study (below) shows relationship between TLR4 expression and body fatness.

From Haidut:

All I know is that both endotoxin and viruses seem to exert their effects through the so-called TLR4 receptor, and as far as that "receptor" is concerned, endotoxin, viruses, PUFA, opioids, adrenaline, etc are all the same things.
TLR4 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have been studying endotoxin and its mechanisms lately, so I will post more on that soon. For now, I will just say that endotoxin seems to mediate most of its effects through the so-called TLR4 "receptor". In agreement with Peat's writings about flu and its connection to endotoxin, this study shows that the Dengue virus triggers the fever/shock through a protein that is an agonist/activator of the TLR4 "receptor". In other words, the Dengue fever is very much like the fever or shock that endotoxin itself causes. Blocking the TLR4 "receptor" completely stopped the Dengue fever. I wonder how many other viral "diseases", in addition to flu and Dengue, are simply an endotoxin "receptor" activation.
Niacinamide, cyproheptadine, mianserin, and methylene blue are some of the substances that can stop the endotoxin process and the associated fever and shock.

I will post a separate thread on this soon, but what you want is an endotoxin receptor (TLR4) antagonist. Niacinamide is one of these, and mianserin / cyproheptadine are two others. Coconut oil may also be in that group but I need to confirm first.

Skeletal muscle TLR4 and TACE are associated with body fat percen...: ingentaconnect

"Elevated skeletal muscle expression of toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) has been linked to increased inflammation in clinical populations. TNFα converting enzyme (TACE), which cleaves membrane-bound TNFα (mTNFα) to its soluble (sTNFα) and more bioactive form, has been linked to chronic disease. In contrast, higher physical activity level is associated with decreased chronic disease risk and inflammation. The purpose of the present study was to examine the relationship between physical activity and skeletal muscle TLR4, TACE, and TNFα in older adults. In 26 older adults (age = 68 ± 4 years, body mass index = 26 ± 3 kg·m−2), self-reported physical activity (kcal·week−1), estimated maximal oxygen consumption, and body composition (air plethysmography) were measured. TLR4, TACE, mTNFα, and sTNFα were measured in skeletal muscle biopsies (vastus lateralis) using western blot analyses. Pearson product-moment correlations were run between variables. Significance was set at p < 0.05. Skeletal muscle TACE was directly associated with sTNFα (r = 0.53, p < 0.01). Linear regression modeling showed that mTNFα and TACE expression were predictive of sTNFα expression. No correlations were observed between physical activity and TLR4, TACE, or sTNFα. Percent body fat was directly associated with skeletal muscle TLR4 (r = 0.52, p < 0.01) and TACE (r = 0.50, p < 0.01), whereas fasting blood glucose was directly associated with TACE and sTNFα. In conclusion, we found that percent body fat was directly associated with TLR4 and TACE expression in skeletal muscle of older adults. These findings suggest that elevated skeletal muscle expression of TLR4 and TACE may contribute to the augmented inflammation and chronic disease risk observed with increased adiposity."

Sucrates

I just read yesterday that LDN, a TLR4 antagonist, is being used for weight loss.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals