Skin health: On the topic of topical skincare with Georgi Dinkov and Dr. Peat... March 8, 2022 Emma Sgourakis

Birdie

When it comes to the integrity of the skin and how to delay the visible signs of ageing, it’s for the most part to do with food and lifestyle. A good place to start is earlier my article here. Red lighthelps too! Also, putting the right substances on your skin will make a positive difference, however you might be surprised to learn that many of the commercial “anti-ageing” lotions are comprised of ingredients that can actually lead to accelerated ageing, and worse still, end up in your bloodstream and have systemic effects.

Not long after my last conversation with Georgi Dinkov, Biochemistry genius, researcher and creator of Idealabs, I quizzed him on his clinical research regarding maintaining healthy, youthful skin, and the effects of what we use topically.

OP
B

Birdie

"One of the major learnings for me since finding Ray Peat’s work in 2011 was the importance of restricting polyunsaturated fats (PUFAs) in the diet due to their volatility and subsequent detrimental effects on the metabolic rate, suppression of the immune system, how they accelerate ageing and promote stress (etc). When my clients start to become conscious of PUFAs and eradicate them from their pantry, they then begin to notice the ingredient lists of their skincare products too, for example oils such as sunflower, safflower, almond, grape seed (and others listed here). The skin being our largest organ, how important do you think it is that we avoid topical application of PUFAs?"

Emma Sgourakis​

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom