Peaty Jobs And Economics - (Breaking Out Of The Rat Race)

Cirion

I guess there are different flavors of nurses then. My ex would often have to handle upwards of a whole floor by herself which would be up to 30-40 patients single handedly, and oftentimes several of them would be very needy and require constant attention.

Beefcake

My plan is just work, be on lookout for better jobs, better pays or getting extra income from side businesses or hobbies. Use the money I make to invest spreaded but generally in wild card that seems to have future potential like cryptocurrency and some upcoming stock companies. Hopefully within a 5 year time frame there will be some bulls eye. The money gained from that I will put in secure stocks and skim the top earnings to live off. Hopefully manage to start my own business eventually aswell.

LUH 3417

I guess there are different flavors of nurses then. My ex would often have to handle upwards of a whole floor by herself which would be up to 30-40 patients single handedly, and oftentimes several of them would be very needy and require constant attention.
There are nurse patient ratio laws in some states to avoid that very scenario.

A Nurse Staffing Ratio Law
In 2004, California began implementing a law requiring all of its hospitals to limit the numbers of patients that its nurses could treat at any given time. The limits would vary depending on the hospital setting. For instance, the ratio in an operating room can’t exceed one nurse for every one patient, while a psychiatric ward can have up to six patients for every nurse, and pediatric and emergency-room units can have up to four patients per nurse.

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

You can make $55 an hour in New York as a nurse starting. Yea NY is expensive but it’s still a high wage. I have a friend whose mom makes $75 an hour just prepping people for colonoscopy. Not that stressful.
Wow that's nuts. I think it would take a lot of studying and time to get there though

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

My plan is just work, be on lookout for better jobs, better pays or getting extra income from side businesses or hobbies. Use the money I make to invest spreaded but generally in wild card that seems to have future potential like cryptocurrency and some upcoming stock companies. Hopefully within a 5 year time frame there will be some bulls eye. The money gained from that I will put in secure stocks and skim the top earnings to live off. Hopefully manage to start my own business eventually aswell.
There are books that recommend a ratio. I don't remember which ones but I would suggest reading and googling and asking for recommendations in reading material, as that will really change your investing. For instance one guy I was talking to had like 60% blue chip stock, something something but he put 10% in penny stocks that might moon, meaning his 10% would grow to half his money and then just keep reinvesting his 10% of his total over and over

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

I was looking at learning some coding, there's a 12 week course for like $500 at a college nearby that teaches you junior programming and you get a certificate.
At this point nothing career wise interests me, so I might as well find the way to keep max gains asap

brix

I was looking at learning some coding, there's a 12 week course for like $500 at a college nearby that teaches you junior programming and you get a certificate.
At this point nothing career wise interests me, so I might as well find the way to keep max gains asap

I’m looking into getting into coding too, but from what I have read, getting a compute science degree would be better. I have a bachelor’s of science already so I would only need to do the Major classes.

However at the end of the day, I’m not sure what’s my best option.

SOMO

She should have tried to move internally. I know some coders for google and facebook and they love it.
I think it's best to Make Good Money, but then invest in assests until you're independent

Learning coding is comparatively difficult, doing "marketing" and advertising like she was doing was much simpler and paid better.
:P

milkboi

I‘m studying law, but still looking out for better options out there. Coding seems like a good option, but law seems to fit my talents better... Do you think anyone reasonably intelligent could learn coding and earn a good income with it?

milkboi

"The narrow road" by Felix Dennis is a very enjoyable read about entrepreneurship and the getting of money.

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

I’m looking into getting into coding too, but from what I have read, getting a compute science degree would be better. I have a bachelor’s of science already so I would only need to do the Major classes.

However at the end of the day, I’m not sure what’s my best option.
Depends how much you want to get into it. I assumed Science degrees got decent jobs but I don't know much about em

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

Learning coding is comparatively difficult, doing "marketing" and advertising like she was doing was much simpler and paid better.
:P
LOL well maybe she should water down her liquor and buy real estate

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

I‘m studying law, but still looking out for better options out there. Coding seems like a good option, but law seems to fit my talents better... Do you think anyone reasonably intelligent could learn coding and earn a good income with it?
Most likely. It's actually become a meme, if you can't land a job with your English or history degree, you have to 'learn to code.' Practicing law seems a lot more fun to me, my biggest concern was law school debt and delayed time until you start getting paid well.
Coding seems to have a lot of hiring opportunities and scaleable income while training isn't too expensive, if I could go back I might just have skipped school and coded (this is me speaking without having experience in that job market)

Beefcake

Anyone seen bitcoin the last months? From like 4000 now almost at 14000 usd per coin.

Cirion

Anyone seen bitcoin the last months? From like 4000 now almost at 14000 usd per coin.

Yes already have 2k USD in it, about to put 2k more into it.

I am personally projecting roughly 80,000 usd per coin as early as late july. We are in a massive bullish period for BTC currently and its rate of increase is parabolic currently.

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

It went from 8k to 11.5 k in like 1 week, I myself can't predict the future worth of BTC but I figured it would go up

jyb

It's still a nice long term project to move to the tropics and live off of fresh fruit year round

I speculate that my health would deteriorate rapidly under that environment. I wonder what becomes to the health of these pensioners who go live in a foreign warmer country - initially I imagine it is exotic and pleasant, but I wonder if the long term outcomes is improved compared to staying home and continuing the same habits. Many brits emigrate to Spain or France without speaking the language so I'm not sure if it improves communication and intellectual stimulation.

Beefcake

The hype is to strong has to go up. I think we will get a minor correction down to 10-12k which i actually hope. You dont want it to explode to fast it will just pop. Steady gains.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom