Peaty Jobs And Economics - (Breaking Out Of The Rat Race)

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

upload_2019-6-26_15-17-14.png

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

Yeah haters gonna hate. Honestly i dont give a crap if bitcoin dissappears and it was all just fake. You only live once and the potential is worth it. And I really cant see it go a way anymore. Been around for too long now just growing.
It will probably still be growing until someone else figures out a better way to do internet money. Even then like Monero it might still be linked to btc - though maybe not. As the value goes up so does media attention and then probably an ETF and it will be used like an actual currency, then people will realize it is more reliable than fiat and will become the currency - kinda scary to think about but seems possible.
In the long run you are basically gambling but I imagine it will at least double in the next year just a guess

blob69

I highly recommend Charles Eisenstein's work, especially his Sacred Economics book, for some amazing revelations about what is wrong with our economy and sage advice on how we could all lead a more meaningful life. This book profoundly changed my life as well as several of my friends lives, and while I value Peat's work tremendously, I think Charles is an even deeper thinker. You can read Sacred Economics for free in many languages at Homepage - Sacred Economics | Charles Eisenstein

OP
ShotTrue

ShotTrue

I highly recommend Charles Eisenstein's work, especially his Sacred Economics book, for some amazing revelations about what is wrong with our economy and sage advice on how we could all lead a more meaningful life. This book profoundly changed my life as well as several of my friends lives, and while I value Peat's work tremendously, I think Charles is an even deeper thinker. You can read Sacred Economics for free in many languages at Homepage - Sacred Economics | Charles Eisenstein
Awesome :bookworm:

Vicecaz

Yes already have 2k USD in it, about to put 2k more into it.

I am personally projecting roughly 80,000 usd per coin as early as late july. We are in a massive bullish period for BTC currently and its rate of increase is parabolic currently.
80.000 at the end of July ?

Do yourself a favor and learn basic technical and fundamental analysis. Hope no one is following your call here

Ignoramus

I put my art on Instagram and play the social media game. I have about 40k followers, which gives me enough passive income from T-shirt sales (print-on-demand - all handled externally) and $1 Patreon subscriptions. This works for me because I am very lazy; I find it really hard to motivate myself to earn any more than is absolutely necessary. If I were smarter I would do something with all my free time, but most days I just lie down and watch stuff. It's better than a 9-5 though, and I like having the freedom to travel or whatever. I like the idea of building a brand because the work has direct personal return. I really didn't like the feeling of working for someone else, because it felt like I was trading my time to make somebody else wealthy.

Ignoramus

Thanks for that!

I have heard this quote before, but probably used in a different context with possible links to self-defeat: "The only winning move is to not play." (sometimes at least)

Sometimes the toll on "improving oneself" in either the social, professional or other avenues is simply not worth it. Some get fascinated with the idea of endless wealth, fame, etc. The whole point of the rat race is to keep ahead -- it is like a steady gauntlet where you must always wonder or worry about keeping your "stats" in check, treating the process of life much like a game. Maybe in some ways the association or correlatation may make sense to do such, but the real problem is the contradiction.

Some would say they are earnest and do not seek "ruling power" or privilege or that concept of evil influence, but they desperately keep trying to bark up that same tree by taking big heaps and giving in to concede with whatever exchange gives them a different standing in life. I am not pointing fingers but clearly it seems contradictory to say you do not want to be "that person" who runs down on others or becomes an "elite" in some way while you yourself are trying to check off every prerequisite as you eagerly document your steps from each rung on the ladder as you do everything possible to go up it.

Sure it is bad to be poor and I do not even need to use mainstream arguments as to why -- and even things like financial inequality are just flat out wrong from any humanitarian perspective to say the least. I do not think you "solve" the issues touched upon in this thread by conceding and following through, possibly becoming the very thing you thought you despised in some cases -- you rectify things by taking different measures altogether. Revolting and taking more independent routes to achieve a sense of equalness and health among others is what works. When you "play the game" too much you just are bound to get sucked too far in at some point. You are consumed by the game more than you consume it -- and that is the issue.

Life is not supposed to be about finding tips and tricks and even "cheats" for everything to advance yourself at any cost to achieve the "more" so many are desperate for -- that is the wrong approach because it requires dominance and hierarchies and confinement beyond our desires. You go on the "chase" to reach some "enlightenment" you may feel for some time that might only come at the cost of everything else and then fades away. People have accounted for showing how much they truly have lost in exchange for "moving up" in life -- family, friends, a sense of belonging/self-identity and worth. Almost anyone can probably "move up" given any possible measures of desperation taken, combined with newer born methods or even "stepping stones" and the like.

Always remember what you are "chasing" and what it really means. Many think it is the money, flashy things and the feel of being high on the rungs and admired as great by others -- but if that is purely all there is for you then maybe you are more the one being led on than leading yourself to some form of "new" or novelty (which can be very much free and abundant).

I used to think those without jobs were losers because they were "lazy." Now I realize that many probably do not work because of various factors like poor job choices (they can not find out what they really want somehow); health issues; poor environment for one; etc. Lazy is just judgment possibly passed off by those who do 'X' and are angered because those not doing as they do (or "should do") are trying to expect shortcuts or handouts. I do not think wanting to live in a suitable and nourishing way counts as a handout in the example of one not choosing to work vs. another, but sometimes a manifestation due to a lack of basic needs being met in some way, along with other problems.

This is not a long, TL;DR kind of post that is advocating against working if some think that -- really it is about challenging the idea and concepts around work and the "normal system" people eagerly donate themselves to in life when it comes to the whole ideology behind status, social positions, work and job types, financial standing and even environmental ties like social circles, hobbies and family life. If you have to work then you should probably do it I suppose -- but just do not be another drone that loses sight of life as a whole. If you become very rich and or famous the best thing you could probably do is use that position to equalize yourself with others and encourage more humanity rather than maintain that stance as one way to keep yourself "successful" by living your own possible paradox.

Basic needs means assuring health -- nobody needs a certain position (or should need one) to have access to the things that help create and/or maintain vitality and the feeling of well-being. Health, positivity, good food and a continuing sense of purpose and belonging/hope -- none of those things require a specific job, status or income naturally. Loosen the dogma on "controlled substances" so there is more access to the regenerative hormones and drugs and so on for everyone; enhance environments and close the gaps on societal shortfalls and economic issues; eliminate the false and destructive ideas and routines the media and society regurgitates repeatedly on health, opportunity, meaning and reflection of ourselves; consider a basic income possibly to raise the floor of poverty and give everyone the power of independence and choice/buying power in a capitalistic society that runs most of us down without it; and (related to this topic) re-evaluate the meaning and implementation of work as a need in any given system, including the "work to live" dogma plenty love to push as an argument that one must confine to something (forcibly) or should be ridden of that bottom line or "privilege" as if eating and being healthy and happy with basic needs met is something to be kept as a "reward" for those who successfully "do the right things" somehow in the ever changeable Life Script.

Gone Peating

Tutoring is good

Create your own schedule, have a lot of freedom

If you don't mind not making a lot of money it's nice

Indicatrice

Skilled trades are going to come back in fashion and rise in status as people grow to realize they will be among the last real jobs left when AI takes over in the coming decades. I believe there is a growing disillusionment with the meaninglessness of most "higher education" professions and people will yearn to go back to vocations where the fruits of their labor are tangible and comprehensible.

These are almost exactly my thoughts

schultz

I put my art on Instagram and play the social media game. I have about 40k followers, which gives me enough passive income from T-shirt sales (print-on-demand - all handled externally) and $1 Patreon subscriptions. This works for me because I am very lazy; I find it really hard to motivate myself to earn any more than is absolutely necessary. If I were smarter I would do something with all my free time, but most days I just lie down and watch stuff. It's better than a 9-5 though, and I like having the freedom to travel or whatever. I like the idea of building a brand because the work has direct personal return. I really didn't like the feeling of working for someone else, because it felt like I was trading my time to make somebody else wealthy.

I like your style!

My wife sells stuff online as well. She is a lot better than I am at social media (I'm not very motivated). I've been thinking about trying to sell stuff online, which would involve coming up with things people would actually buy online. Currently I do high-end custom furniture and cabinetry which can be fun and rewarding, but it is difficult and each project has unique challenges which can be tiring as it is a lot of work. I am a bit obsessive compulsive and get really concerned about whether or not I think a customer will like a certain design, or the way I've done something. It takes a mental toll on me. I'd love to do my own designs and build them then try and sell them, more like studio furniture or something, and maybe come up with some smaller, cheaper things to sell a lot of that are easy to make en masse.

One of the benefits of this online selling thing is that I can move from my current area, which is on the more expensive side as far as real-estate goes but with access to a good custom furniture market, and to a much cheaper area in a different part of the country where real-estate is insanely cheap (and also near the ocean!). If I sold my house (which has more than doubled in the last 7 years) I could buy a house flat out (or a piece of property and build my own) and have no mortgage which would bring my monthly living costs down tremendously. Maybe then I'd buy a cow and cut my grocery bill down a bit too. I'd probably have extra time to take care of it. Sounds like a pretty sweet life!!

Broken man

This is good thread, I am 23 years old, at the start of this year I found that there is a possibility I am father so I switched to work with higher money but with night shifts and much much more work and very unfriendly people.... Was lucky that it wasnt my child but must stay at that work because of Corona virus. I can tell you that it changed me alot to a point a was ready to take drugs to feel better and feel free .... The biggest problem was that every attempt to make this job better ended that it was even worse And my colleagues were totally brain washed and thought about me That I am lazy... I was lucky that I got Chance to do my previous work so I ended this job but it was hard experience. I am currently finding a ways how to earn more money, what about youtube? Or streaming on twitch? I was doing crypto for a while but its was hard while doing other job.. atleast for me.

M

metabolizm

I'm not sure there are any "Peaty jobs".

A job, almost by definition, goes against much of Peat's philosophy. Usually it entails stress, lack of freedom, and obligation.

If we're extremely lucky, we can make money doing something we love, set our own hours, and be our own boss, such that it is only minimally an obligation.

Bart1

I can share some knowledge/experience here if people like.

I am at a point where my health it so poor that I have to quit my job in the not so distant future (months) to focus on my recovery. I luckily have saved money when I started working about 12 years ago. Ever since I started working an office job I felt high stress and generally felt I didn't fit into that lifestyle. I felt like all the people around me were lemmings. Not a lot of people think about these things.... That's exactly what they want. They want you to be a slave of the system. Spend money so fast you need to work double hours or make promotion to cover your expenses. Live from paycheck to paycheck, take on a big mortgage which you have to pay for the rest of your life. Luckily I soon felt this was not sustainable for me long term.

So about 12 years ago I started saving some money and learned about investing. In the first year I immediately almost lost all my money(2k) in the credit crisis of 2008. I then spend years on trading and making mistakes before I met someone in my life who was a very good investor. I learned some of his treats and from that point on I never looked back. I only saved what I had in excess. I think you have to live as much within the moment as you can. Live a good live but try to save some money every month. You never know how old you will get so I would really urge you to enjoy your life and not live like a monk. There is a book I enjoyed, it's called "Die with zero". I invest mainly in stocks and the occasional options.

With investing you let a company work for you instead of working for a company. You can even choose which companies you want to support and which not. For instance, pharma is a big no go for me, for obvious ethical reasons...

CLASH

I can share some knowledge/experience here if people like.

I am at a point where my health it so poor that I have to quit my job in the not so distant future (months) to focus on my recovery. I luckily have saved money when I started working about 12 years ago. Ever since I started working an office job I felt high stress and generally felt I didn't fit into that lifestyle. I felt like all the people around me were lemmings. Not a lot of people think about these things.... That's exactly what they want. They want you to be a slave of the system. Spend money so fast you need to work double hours or make promotion to cover your expenses. Live from paycheck to paycheck, take on a big mortgage which you have to pay for the rest of your life. Luckily I soon felt this was not sustainable for me long term.

So about 12 years ago I started saving some money and learned about investing. In the first year I immediately almost lost all my money(2k) in the credit crisis of 2008. I then spend years on trading and making mistakes before I met someone in my life who was a very good investor. I learned some of his treats and from that point on I never looked back. I only saved what I had in excess. I think you have to live as much within the moment as you can. Live a good live but try to save some money every month. You never know how old you will get so I would really urge you to enjoy your life and not live like a monk. There is a book I enjoyed, it's called "Die with zero". I invest mainly in stocks and the occasional options.

With investing you let a company work for you instead of working for a company. You can even choose which companies you want to support and which not. For instance, pharma is a big no go for me, for obvious ethical reasons...

Are you currently making money now by investing?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom