Girlfriend With Low Libido

faxmulder

Hi guys,

My GF has just came out of oral birth control, since it caused a quite consistent loss of libido.
Is there any supplement that can help to restore sexual desire? She’s going to her gyno, but I’d like to get your opinion.

I’ve seen that maca is recommended quite often, but my GF is trying to lose a few kilos - however in some instances maca has shown to increase body fat in females.

The other supps usually advised for female libido are ashwagandha, cordyceps, citrulline, ginseng, rhodiola and sometimes damiana.
Which is the best one?

Thx

Tarmander

boron actually works pretty well.

Take a 6-9mg dose for a few days and then down to 3mg per day and i think she'll fire up

Barry

I would say the most important thing is implementing the fundamental advice of Ray Peat, which is a quart of OJ and 2 quarts of low-fat milk each day, and a daily carrot salad. And of course avoiding PUFA as much as possible (like no more than 2g per day). I would also say that adding sugar, as simple syrup, to your milk, is a great addition. Every discussion comes back to improving your metabolism. Some other things might include a daily cup of coffee, a daily low-dose aspirin, niacinamide supplementation.

yerrag

Dr. Wong used to have a blog at his website, and he speaks highly of Enkindle and TMG-DMG Plus, but I guess now you'd have to listen to his Youtube channel to hear more about his products. Here's his products that would help with libido: Dr. Wong's Essentials® Pro-Libido Protocol!

I have more issues that would probably be in the way of making these products effective on me, and that's why I haven't tried them.

redsun

Hi guys,

My GF has just came out of oral birth control, since it caused a quite consistent loss of libido.
Is there any supplement that can help to restore sexual desire? She’s going to her gyno, but I’d like to get your opinion.

I’ve seen that maca is recommended quite often, but my GF is trying to lose a few kilos - however in some instances maca has shown to increase body fat in females.

The other supps usually advised for female libido are ashwagandha, cordyceps, citrulline, ginseng, rhodiola and sometimes damiana.
Which is the best one?

Thx

First step is a good and varied diet (preferably all food groups to some degree, but emphasis on animal foods like red meat, dairy, possibly eggs) that reasonably covers all vitamins and minerals and is adequate in calories.

Good supplements that may help are Active B6 (P5P), vitamin C (can be combined with folic acid, but folic acid can be obtained through diet), B3.

Active B6 (P5P) can raise dopamine and histamine, both vital for libido. Estrogen supposedly depletes B6, but I don't know if the estrogen in birth control would do that, dont know much about it but assume it would. B3 is anti-adrenaline so reduces sympathetic nervous system which will lower libido if it is overactive.

Vitamin C is considered dopaminergic and vitamin C + folic acid is needed for BH4 which is needed for dopamine. Too much vitamin C can stimulate noradrenaline excessively so best not to overdo.

P5P is best taken with a meal that has a good amount of protein, which will provide tyrosine, phenylalanine, and histidine to make dopamine and histamine.

GutFeeling

Marapuama and catuaba.
Ive seen a few studies showing that serotonin antagonism or agonism at 5ht1 (the autoreceptor) increases libido and pleasure in women. This makes sense since SSRI causes sexual dysfunction in women too.

Constatine

A lot of times a lack of libido in women comes from under-eating. Total caloric intake is one of the most important factors in libido.

schultz

Thyroid and DHEA would both help with libido and fat regulation. DHEA is a great supplement for women. Lots of studies on it being used intravaginally, but you could start with oral supplementation.

Kunstruct

Might want to leave her a bit for the hormones to adjust back where they were before the pill which typically skyrockets estradiol and/or progesterone.
Things don't recover instantly might want to leave it as it is for 4-6 weeks.

shine

Often a little bit of competition anxiety will raise a woman's libido, regardless of whether she is on the pill or not. Maybe you can try some new behaviours that will trigger that.

berk

red meat have all the ingredients for activating/increasing test and libido.
L-arginine, vit B6 and b3, Vit E, zink, Vitamin A. All very important.
Most people here that are follow rp diet style have low libido because they are avoiding red meat. big mistake.
skip al you supplements (waste of money) and replace your protein sources with red meat and eat 300-500 grams a day and you feel reborn again.
just try it for couple days..

Thyroid and DHEA would both help with libido and fat regulation. DHEA is a great supplement for women. Lots of studies on it being used intravaginally, but you could start with oral supplementation.

yes indeed. DHEA and progesterone.

S-VV

Often a little bit of competition anxiety will raise a woman's libido, regardless of whether she is on the pill or not. Maybe you can try some new behaviours that will trigger that.
Extremely based.

Also, OP, be careful. The usual birth control drugs like medroxyprogestrerone or levonorgestrel will skew the female (of most mammalian species) to feel attracted to low status behaviour, since her limbic system perceives a pregnancy, and will favour security and resource acquisition over genetic fitness.

Once these influences are removed, you may need to up your pimp game. Just kidding of course.

Ihor

Isn’t the main reason for the loss of libido due to birth control medications always caused by the fact that they greatly increase estradiol levels?

Kunstruct

Isn’t the main reason for the loss of libido due to birth control medications always caused by the fact that they greatly increase estradiol levels?

We would have to know which exactly is the medication used for how long and what's the time it passed since it's not used anymore.
Some just increase greatly progesterone, some both the latter is more common, something like Etonogestrel/Etinilestradiol or Norelgestromin/Etinilestradiol combination.
Some are just medroxyprogestrerone.
In some people of course the endo production just ceases while on these pills, some recover instantly, some take some time.
By the way, medroxyprogestrerone is also used fro those with low progesterone, not only to destroy reproduction capability.

Would not be bad for women who were on these substances to answer and encountered the same issues.

sweetpeat

Might want to leave her a bit for the hormones to adjust back where they were before the pill which typically skyrockets estradiol and/or progesterone.
Things don't recover instantly might want to leave it as it is for 4-6 weeks.
I agree with this advice. Is she having periods on her own yet, without influence of the birth control?

YamnayaMommy

Lol I would only do this if you’re positive you don’t want eventually to have a stable family with her

YamnayaMommy

We would have to know which exactly is the medication used for how long and what's the time it passed since it's not used anymore.
Some just increase greatly progesterone, some both the latter is more common, something like Etonogestrel/Etinilestradiol or Norelgestromin/Etinilestradiol combination.
Some are just medroxyprogestrerone.
In some people of course the endo production just ceases while on these pills, some recover instantly, some take some time.
By the way, medroxyprogestrerone is also used fro those with low progesterone, not only to destroy reproduction capability.

Would not be bad for women who were on these substances to answer and encountered the same issues.

I never used hormonal contraception long term. I went on the pill once in my twenties—don’t remember what kind—and had to stop if after two months because I felt awful on it. I always had an annoyingly high libido through my early thirties, when I started having a bunch of babies.

I agree that high calorie intake increases libido, although being fat decreases it, so you have to find a sweet spot with calories.

And the calorie sweet spot is easier to hit if you are having high sugar low fat foods.

I was doing intermittent fasting for first nine months postpartum. It worked in that I lost the pregnancy weight with basically no effort and have not regained it after stopping fasting. But I think fasting is an anti aphrodisiac.

Best friend recently came off the pill because she discovered it gave her migraines.

I’m on a copper iud to prevent yet another unintended pregnancy and it’s better than hormonal birth control but still sucks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom