Girlfriend With Low Libido

Ihor

We would have to know which exactly is the medication used for how long and what's the time it passed since it's not used anymore.
Some just increase greatly progesterone, some both the latter is more common, something like Etonogestrel/Etinilestradiol or Norelgestromin/Etinilestradiol combination.
Some are just medroxyprogestrerone.
In some people of course the endo production just ceases while on these pills, some recover instantly, some take some time.
By the way, medroxyprogestrerone is also used fro those with low progesterone, not only to destroy reproduction capability.
I think that then it would probably be useful for his girlfriend at the moment to do an tests on estrogen/progesterone, TSH, t3, t4, prolactin, so that she could find out her balance levels, so that it would not be able to test a lot of supplements blindly.

OP
F

faxmulder

Thanks guys for your feedback.
Anybody has experience with damiana?

OP
F

faxmulder

Thanks guys.
What about damiana for female libido? Anybody has experience with that?

DHEA and progesterone are physiological. They make sense. Herbs do not really make sense, at least to me.

berk

catan

No experience with hormonal birth control, but I noticed a marked increase in libido after upping my carbs (~350-400g).

GAF

Once she is off birth control, add a capsule or two a week of histidine. That way when she does start needing the action, she will experience a lot bigger tingle than she remembers. And, as you know, one tingle leads to a tremor and pretty soon you might just have an earthquake.

whit

Damiana works on the central nervous system to calm anxiety.
Decent sleep aid.
Long term use can cause anemia however.

Kunstruct

Had from damiana leaves tea, decent sleeping aid indeed. Some friends use it for the same reason too, calming down and is a nice tea after all, with a nice aroma and nice after taste. I have not heard them (males and females) to talk anything about libido enhancing even if they are aware of this claim for damiana.

Last edited:

lampofred

Low PUFA, high protein, aspirin

Beastmode

If she has low libido, she most like has other issues going on as well. Healthy women have healthy libidos.

Be a great partner and help her achieve a really healthy state and things like libido will get sorted out along the way.

I know of women had this issue and there wasn't any 1 "biohack" that would help them as it's never one thing.

Body temp and pulse in the appropriate ranges when waking up, mid-day are some of the basic things you can help her measure metabolic health.

Stick with the basics of what Ray Peat has said 1000 times over and over. It'll pay dividends for her health and your relationship with her.

Tansia

Once she is off birth control, add a capsule or two a week of histidine. That way when she does start needing the action, she will experience a lot bigger tingle than she remembers. And, as you know, one tingle leads to a tremor and pretty soon you might just have an earthquake.
@GAF how does histidine works on libido? I wonder about mechanism of action and if it's safe?

BearWithMe

Problems with low libido are caused by hormonal, health and emotional issues in 5% of women and by her man being weak and not masculine in 95% of women. Sorry if this sounds harsh, I also wish this is not the case, but unfortunately, it is.

When women withdraw sex, they are usually thinking about leaving the relationship, or already have something different going on. Regardless of the BCP issue.

You usually can turn this around if you act fast and I agree with @shine's advice on this.

BearWithMe

Problems with low libido are caused by hormonal, health and emotional issues in 5% of women and by her man being weak and not masculine in 95% of women. Sorry if this sounds harsh, I also wish this is not the case, but unfortunately, it is.

When women withdraw sex, they are usually thinking about leaving the relationship, or already have something different going on. Regardless of the BCP issue.

You usually can turn this around if you act fast and I agree with advice @shine gave you in the other thread.

BearWithMe

You usually can turn this around if you act fast and I agree with advice @shine gave you in the other thread.

sunraiser

Haha for ***** sake man. Spend some time away from the internet. Women can suffer health and vitality dips just as men can.

@OP - I don't think it's a good idea to have a person take supplements when they're not really invested in physiology and self-awareness. They'll likely detract from her health.

It makes more sense, for me, to get her to consider her diet and try cooking new things. I really think animal stock broths or tomato based pot cooking with greens, potatoes, herbs and meat can cover a lot of health bases. It means you don't lose any nutrients to the water like in boiling or steaming.

sunraiser

This is exactly what I have said in my post.

I understand that, but the arbitrary ratios you've pulled out of thin air read like a paranoid child that has been reading the misc for too long.

I get that I'm being harsh on you but I simply don't think your post is helpful.

Of course health is important for attraction but it's silly to ignore the huge variable in hormone-altering birth control.

That said, i think it's great that she's off it. I think hormonal birth control is archaic, risky and immensely selfish on the part of men.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom