Erethism. Mad Hatter’s Syndrome. Help!

Greg says

my girlfriend’s health has declined rapidly over the last few months, particularly her cognition. Her symptoms match Erethism to a tee, from suicidal ideation to shyness to a ‘locked in her own mind’ sensation. She’s done a toe nail test which indeed did show high mercury.
I’ve read the Mercury threads on here but they don’t seem to agree on any helpful effective treatment. Dr. Peat also seems unsure. She doesn’t have any amalgam fillings. I suspect she got if from her mothers fillings, and recently received 3 Cov vaccines.

Has anyone actually removed mercury successfully? Any suggestions? She’s started selenium. What about the zinc copper ratio?

Attachments

• D7998CDF-6CD6-410C-8092-D2D1D4E1A379.jpeg
    D7998CDF-6CD6-410C-8092-D2D1D4E1A379.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 619DB77E-06DC-46ED-8E71-8F8896A1F614.png
    619DB77E-06DC-46ED-8E71-8F8896A1F614.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 01CCF86D-A328-461D-9372-D69F358A83D6.jpeg
    01CCF86D-A328-461D-9372-D69F358A83D6.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 4

TheSir

she eats prawns a few days a week, and oysters.
Unfortunately that is easily enough to elevate mercury to a harmful level in the body. The oceans are that polluted these days. I would tell her to stop all seafood and retest in a couple of months.

cs3000

my girlfriend’s health has declined rapidly over the last few months, particularly her cognition. Her symptoms match Erethism to a tee, from suicidal ideation to shyness to a ‘locked in her own mind’ sensation. She’s done a toe nail test which indeed did show high mercury.
Has anyone actually removed mercury successfully? Any suggestions? She’s started selenium. What about the zinc copper ratio?
the crashed selenium gives extra support to that too

the 2 main things ive seen are selenium & taurine
100mcg selenium as selenomethionine form
Mercury Detox Using the Selenium Method In only those given the selenomethionine supplement, mercury level in pubic hair was lowered 34%, serum selenium rose by 73%, and blood selenium rose by 59%, on average <- Effect of supplementation with organic selenium on mercury status as measured by mercury in pubic hair - PubMedEffect of supplementation with organic selenium on mercury status as measured by mercury in pubic hair - PubMed
Owing to the extremely high affinity between mercury and selenium, selenium sequesters mercury and reduces its biological availability. It is obvious that the converse is also true; as a result of the high affinity complexes formed, mercury sequesters selenium. This is important because selenium is required for normal activity of numerous selenium dependent enzymes. Through diversion of selenium into formation of insoluble mercury-selenides, mercury may inhibit the formation of selenium dependent enzymes while supplemental selenium supports their continued synthesis.

+ 100mg taurine daily should go a long way
oral taurine also protects against mercury toxicity as a bonus even in doses as low as ~60mg human dose, so still worth taking on the lower end if high doses 500mg+ aren't well tolerated emotionally Hepatoprotective effects of taurine against mercury induced toxicity in rats - PubMed
View attachment 41487
60mg human dose completely reversed lipid peroxidation, restored glutathione
also protective in the brain at the same dose https://www.researchgate.net/public..._INDUCED_TOXICITY_IN_THE_BRAIN_TISSUE_OF_RATS
(if she still feels fatigue after mercury is sorted maybe good to check her iron panel & fix low copper if they dont come up)

Last edited:

GTW

500 mcg Selenium and NAC (1 gm?) daily were used for a severe case of mercury poisoning.

StephanF

Forum Supporter
Selenium binds mercury, so good that she is taking that. EDTA May liberate mercury and dump it in the brain, I read a medical science article about that. Then there is DMPS and DMSO, I think those bind mercury. I read about open cell chlorella but I am not sure if that really helps.

Then it can be genetic. There are three types of genomes for a particular protein that supposed to bind to mercury. One type can bind two mercury molecules, the second one only one, and the unlucky third does not bind to mercury at all. People that have this genetic deficit can’t get rid of their mercury.

I had a high school friend, he was intelligent and ahead in school. But had bad teeth and probably these mercury fillings, that was 50 years ago. His sister committed suicide, then his sister, too. He developed problems after serving the mandatory 15 months of military service in Germany. He studied electrical engineering but after that couldn’t hold a job. I since had moved to the US and I heard that he became a ‘horder’ He lived with his aging dad and the house was full of junk. His dad ordered the house to be cleaned and my friend shot and wounded a policeman! He ended up in jail. Much later I read about mercury poisoning and the genetic link.

TheCodez

I've taken 400mg / day of Emeramide for the last 6 months. It definitely seems to keep my symptoms down while I'm taking it. Unfortunately that a $10 per day habit. Selenium seems to be working almost as well.

rzero

None of the covid vaccines contain mercury as far as I know. If this is something that came on since covid vaccination it would certainly suggest a side effect though.

mostlylurking

I’ve read the Mercury threads on here but they don’t seem to agree on any helpful effective treatment. Dr. Peat also seems unsure. She doesn’t have any amalgam fillings. I suspect she got if from her mothers fillings, and recently received 3 Cov vaccines.

Please note that she is also low in selenium. Mercury causes that. Here's some links about mercury and selenium:
also:

You probably should consider thiamine too. I've dealt with mercury toxicity for many years; I found good relief from high dose thiamine hcl. Also consider taking n-acetylcysteine (50mg) with the selenium. Too much selenium can be problematic so take care in the dosage. The dosage is discussed at the first link

TheCodez

Please note that she is also low in selenium. Mercury causes that. Here's some links about mercury and selenium:
also:

You probably should consider thiamine too. I've dealt with mercury toxicity for many years; I found good relief from high dose thiamine hcl. Also consider taking n-acetylcysteine (50mg) with the selenium. Too much selenium can be problematic so take care in the dosage. The dosage is discussed at the first link
That's an amazing recovery made by that 15 year old with significant exposure and notable degeneration. Great articles! Thanks!
As a 15 year old I also had access to a huge supply of mercury and had no idea of its toxicity. My friends and I played with that stuff for years. We even tried to get it to boil.

mostlylurking

That's an amazing recovery made by that 15 year old with significant exposure and notable degeneration. Great articles! Thanks!
As a 15 year old I also had access to a huge supply of mercury and had no idea of its toxicity. My friends and I played with that stuff for years. We even tried to get it to boil.
My grandfather encouraged my 2 siblings and me to play with mercury when we were little kids back in the 1950's. In addition, we each had mercury amalgams placed when we were children. I've learned that people with thiamine deficiency are more susceptible to mercury poisoning. Our mother always cooked with polyunsaturated fats (PUFA), i.e. margarine, mayonnaise, corn oil, etc. PUFA depletes thiamine, therefore it exacerbates a mercury problem. Both my brother and my sister were diagnosed as paranoid schizophenics before they turned 20. They never recovered. My brother committed suicide at age 56. My sister is completely out of her mind; she's 77 now.

My own symptoms were a little different; more digestive tract oriented with exhaustion and brain fog thrown in on top. I have always been hypersensitive to environmental toxins. I've had more trouble with other heavy metals accumulation and have been chelated with EDTA by IV multiple times (=more than 100 IV's over the years). I suspect that low thiamine status hampers the body's ability to clear heavy metals out of the system. Thiamine is known to chelate lead out. There's more discussion about it in veterinary medicine than people medicine.

I wanted to let you know that a selenium deficiency will cause thyroid problems by blocking the conversion of T4 to T3. Mercury itself will cause thyroid problems. Hypothyroidism is known to cause mental illness symptoms. Low brain energy on the cellular level keeps the brain from working as it should. Both hypothyroidism and also thiamine deficiency cause low brain energy.

also

read this one too:

OP
Greg says

Greg says

Dare I suggest Lugols to go with the selenium? In this case, it would be literally a treatment, to be discontinued, rather than a supplement.
how much and how long would you recommend?

Peater

how much and how long would you recommend?

Personally I would start with only one drop and increase slowly, some people take it continuously or she could stop if she sees improvements, to verify if it is helpful. Salt is recommended too but as most people here are comfortable with a reasonable salt intake it might not need extra, no need to have spoonfuls of it in my opinion.

GTW

Life Extension product:
5,000 units D
1 mg seaweed iodine
Vitamin K including 1.1 mg K2

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom