Dhea And Cortisol Thoughts

skycop00

Just got my DHEA and Cortisol saliva labs in wanted to get the communities thoughts. I have issues waking up around 3 or 4 in the am for no reason could it be my DHEA moving way up at 12 am(that is the only one out of "range")? I believe that the cortisol looks good. fyi... I am a 36 yr old male with no thyroid and no weight issues.

Adrenal Stress Profile
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DHEA-S Panel (Saliva)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DHEA-S 8AM
nmol/L
1.60 ---
DHEA-S 8PM
nmol/L
1.00 ---
DHEA-S 12AM
nmol/L
0.80 ---

Cortisol Panel (Saliva)
Cortisol 8AM (LC/MS/MS)
nmol/L
5.50 ---
Cortisol 12PM
nmol/L
3.80 ---
Cortisol 4PM
nmol/L
2.20 ---
Cortisol 8PM
nmol/L
1.60 ---
Cortisol 12AM
nmol/L
0.80 ---
Cortisol 4AM
nmol/L
1.10 ---
Youre showing a relative elevation of cortisol at night. Could be many things. First thing to rule out is sugar dysregulation. If you go hypo at night, cortisol rises to get sugar mobilized. If that's not it, you can look at labs fir infection. Stool tests are often used to check for pathogens. In the mean time you can push cortisol down with a product caled enerphos about an hour before bed. I also have my folks use a few mgs of Pg drops with magnesium as well.

tara

J

jb116

Youre showing a relative elevation of cortisol at night. Could be many things. First thing to rule out is sugar dysregulation. If you go hypo at night, cortisol rises to get sugar mobilized. If that's not it, you can look at labs fir infection. Stool tests are often used to check for pathogens. In the mean time you can push cortisol down with a product caled enerphos about an hour before bed. I also have my folks use a few mgs of Pg drops with magnesium as well.
At a quick glance, this stuff has a poor phos to cal ratio, not very "peaty."

OP
zane93

zane93

I do not know what night time cortisol levels should be I only know what the rages should be from what the labs say.

My take on my labs is that my cortisol levels are never out of their proper ranges and that only my DHEA at 12 AM to XX:XX AM is out of range. The fact that my cortisol levels are normal/in range and DHEA is high at 12 AM is what I do not understand. However I am aware that the two usually go hand and hand and are not the same and the ratio is very important. Most of the information that I can find only wants to talk about high cortisol and not what I am experiencing.

Regardless of the results I know it is an energy issue and want to correct it and am making changes to do so. I think these labs have meaning but I can not find it or understand it. I will be seeing an Dr in a couple of weeks but I personalty hate seeing a Dr without something intelligent to say it is a waist of time and money even if I don’t always learn something from them.

From what I gathered on the interweb web of forums thus far:
  • Insulin resistance in disguise
  • insufficient testosterone
  • depression / serotonin imbalance
  • mild hypothyroid
  • starvation
  • liver metallization
  • xenobiotic elimination issues
I think that @tara may be correct and have been doing some late night and early morning pure grape juice testing will post results a little later this week.

Thank you all for taking your time to share your knowledge with me!

Last edited:
OP
zane93

zane93

I think that @tara may be correct and have been doing some late night and early morning pure grape juice testing will post results a little later this week.

So drinking some grape and or a sweet coconut juice before bed seems to help with sleep about 35% of the time drinking juice when I wake does not really seem to help much. So some improvement is better an none!

I'm starting to wonder if I have an estrogen problem...

I eat 99% organic, 80% of all vegetables are seasonal from a local farm, all my beef is local grass fed, no gluten, and fish maybe once every 3 months. I do not do or feel well with milk it causes too much mucus in me.

Breakfast:
Buckwheat, 2 duck or 4-6 quail eggs, a protein shake every other day or so, and occasional fresh 8oz carrot juice once or twice a week, coffee with coconut Honey cinnamon, 4% cottage cheese, about 8 oz of pure grape juice, and potato cooked in coconut oil
Lunch:
Medium salad(non iceberg), maybe a peanut butter protein bar and or coconut energy bar, maybe some beef bone broth soup or some kind of beef 2-4 times a week, coffee with coconut Honey cinnamon, low-fat cottage cheese with probiotics.
Dinner:
I tend to eat light most of the week usual all vegetarian seasonal meal with a potato on occasion. For my heavier dinners it is usually includes a tomato sauce or some kind of carb. and a homemade pizza once a week.

I snack during the day some fruit, juice, cottage cheese, maybe a protein bar. On weekends I tend to eat more beef.

I honestly find it hard to eat this much food most of the time but I just shove it down anyways.

I just learned that cottage cheese is high phosphorus/low calcium, so not a desirable dairy. Ones that are high calcium/low phosphorus include milk, cheese, ricotta, and ice cream. You want a daily ca : ph ratio of 1:1 or 2:1.

:2cents:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom