Caucusses Rigged Already?

LeeLemonoil

And if so, why so foolishly obvious?
Nothing to gain for the Democrats I figure, though I’m no expert in US domestic politics. Either they push Pete Buttgeek through and left Democrats will abstain from voting for him as they did with Clinton in 2016
Or Sanders will win the caucusses. But most analysises say there is no structural majority yet for a Democrat with his positions in the US.

This Is The Buzzy Democratic Firm That Botched The Iowa Caucuses

State campaign finance records indicate the Iowa Democratic Party paid Shadow, a tech company that joined with ACRONYM last year, more than $60,000 for “website development” over two installments in November and December of last year. A Democratic source with knowledge of the process said those payments were for the app that caucus site leaders were supposed to use to upload the results at their locales.
Gerard Niemira, a veteran of Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, is the head of Shadow. He previously served as chief technology officer and chief operating officer of ACRONYM, according to his LinkedIn page. In 2019, David Plouffe, one of the chief architects of President Barack Obama’s wins, joined the board of advisers for ACRONYM.

yerrag

From the party that regularly destroys email traces and always gets away with their misdeeds, what is one more act of rigging and of cheating? One too many.

Is anyone surprised? I'm waiting to hear from @thomas00 on his brilliant take on this.

LucyL

I am waiting to see if Bernie is in the lead up to the convention, will Hillary step in and steal the nomination anyway? Somehow I think Bernie is dumb enough to let history repeat itself....

theLaw

Speculation: Biden was apparently about to take a major hit, but now everyone can call the results into question. The story will be the disaster, not the results.

Then the SOTU will take over the news-cycle tonight, followed by the Senate impeachment vote, giving the Dems more time to get organized.

Bottom line: This is just about the worst thing that could have happened for the Dems. Even CNN was reporting (opinion) that Trump clearly won this battle.

OP
L

LeeLemonoil

I also think it is likely to deflect from a poor Biden result that would have the potential to damage his campaign early on.

But why are the ppl in charge of organizing such a caucus so careless to use an app that has obvious ties to inner circle personnel of Clinton and Obama (read: the Dem establishment) Are they an careless and arrogant that this might not backfire in any case? Would they not want to at least avoid the semblance of partisanship?

postman

Looks like they're trying to do the same thing to Bernie as the GOP did to Ron Paul in 2012.

tankasnowgod

Whoa! A surprise winner of the Democratic Iowa Caucus outta nowhere!

Attachments

• jeb-bush-wins-the-iowa-democratic-caucus-2020-68956890.png
    jeb-bush-wins-the-iowa-democratic-caucus-2020-68956890.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 18

michael94

Whats Bernies main platform? I know politics is a circus but Im curious. Ive only seen small soundbites of him talking about free education and healthcare, which is fine.. but there has to be more to it than that.

LucyL

Whats Bernies main platform? I know politics is a circus but Im curious. Ive only seen small soundbites of him talking about free education and healthcare, which is fine.. but there has to be more to it than that.

EP8_yJhWkAIzMQ8

yerrag

For me, Bernie is all carrot and no stick.

Carrots- Everything free- college, healthcare, housing, money. He will expand the money printing, with modern monetary economists guiding his generosity.

Sticks - higher taxes - seen as a good, except it just increases the cost of government by enlarging it more than it seeks to reallocate spending, such as military spending (which he has never enunciated as a policy: he is silent on regime-change wars), nor does he question the basis for high costs in Healthcare and in education, which needs an overhaul in direction and in focus).

It will be hard for him to reallocate from military spending to healthcare as he has not shown the grit to stand up to the deep state and its subservience to perpetual war and to costly medical intervention in healthcare. He will just spend and spend and keep kicking the can down the road. He wants to be popular more than anything. He will chose the path of least resistance, and pander to all.

This behavior is on full display. He bends the knee to those in power even when they are opposed to him and even keeps cheating on him, while he leaves his own base high and dry when push comes to shove. That is him at work. He may soon know how it feels to execute and be up against those whom he used to be with, the legislators. He would then appreciate what Trump has faced thus far.

What idealism he has would be put to the test as he gets grounded into reality. Yet his idealism is just an image. He has shown a willingness to subvert truth and go where the wind blows.

If he becomes president, it will just be for the term. Age will just be an excuse. He will be sink to the bottom and likely become the most unpopular president. High expectations will be blown to bits as the rubber meets the road. He could blame it on a hostile congress. But congress is sensitive to the people, and Bernie has no charisma and no leadership quality that will continue to rally his base, after he leaves them high and dry.

Worry about who his running mate will be. He likely will choose from among his tormentors in Warren (heaven forbid Hillary) et al, but expect no Gabbard nor Yang. He has proven to have the worst advisers. That has become his hallmark.

Last edited:

Ledo

Literally just a screenshot from his "issues" page.
Hi Tank, I'm not sure how your comments follows my post on the anti liberty nature of Bernie's issue list?

I do not know who cardi B is however but I'm guessing she has some very important need to take mine and my family's liberty away in some special way because she is so special. Maybe she is a he and that might explain something?

yerrag

He didn't answer the question. A politician's answer.
He is for the donor class, he is for the regime change wars, he is for free college, free healthcare, and for trees that grow money. He is a good friend of mine too!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom