Bi Polar Disorder

I have a lady friend who was diagnosed with bi polar disorder around 12. From 12-15 she gets put on Prozac, Ativan, Seroquil and lithium but not 5mgs or even 300mgs or even 600mgs but 900mgs. Then after all these things not working she got diagnosed with PCOS coming off everything at 15which was her freshman year of high school. What a surprise!
What’s insane to me is the fact that big pharma profits off of prostate cancer, balding, acne, bi polar, ED, anxiety you name it they got the pill for you! Last thing is they also make more money by keeping you un-informed.

RANT OVER

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Runenight201

I have a friend who is schizophrenic, and while he is somewhat stable on his meds, without them he would be completely delusional and non-functioning member of society.

These meds at best stabilize, but at a price. They are a solution to make one somewhat functional in this modern landscape given incredibly complex psyco-physical disorders. The only true solution is a complete dietary and lifestyle overhaul, but that clashes with the societal modes of living that have been accepted as standard ways of living. So to truly heal, one would have to go against the grain, which is inherently wrong to everyone currently operating under the given set of assumptions, and sadly most people won’t see healing.

I think the first step towards having someone heal themself of affliction would be to have them understand the concept of diet, lifestyle, and health, and that most modern degenerative diseases are reversible under the correct conditions. From there it’s a vast landscape of almost endless therapies and diets to heal, and the best way to navigate and ensure proper direction towards good health is an innate sense of what’s better and what’s worse, and trusting one’s own intuition free from biases of all sorts. In a severely compromised individual this can be almost impossible, and so having an outside practitioner who can observe objective and subjective criteria while implementing various treatments may be necessary. Unfortunately it can be difficult in the alternative landscape to find practitioners who aren’t complete quacks and actually have a methodology that works for sound reasons, but good ones are out there, and it’s a matter of finding the right ones.

OP
Alex Jaramillo
I have a friend who is schizophrenic, and while he is somewhat stable on his meds, without them he would be completely delusional and non-functioning member of society.

These meds at best stabilize, but at a price. They are a solution to make one somewhat functional in this modern landscape given incredibly complex psyco-physical disorders. The only true solution is a complete dietary and lifestyle overhaul, but that clashes with the societal modes of living that have been accepted as standard ways of living. So to truly heal, one would have to go against the grain, which is inherently wrong to everyone currently operating under the given set of assumptions, and sadly most people won’t see healing.

I think the first step towards having someone heal themself of affliction would be to have them understand the concept of diet, lifestyle, and health, and that most modern degenerative diseases are reversible under the correct conditions. From there it’s a vast landscape of almost endless therapies and diets to heal, and the best way to navigate and ensure proper direction towards good health is an innate sense of what’s better and what’s worse, and trusting one’s own intuition free from biases of all sorts. In a severely compromised individual this can be almost impossible, and so having an outside practitioner who can observe objective and subjective criteria while implementing various treatments may be necessary. Unfortunately it can be difficult in the alternative landscape to find practitioners who aren’t complete quacks and actually have a methodology that works for sound reasons, but good ones are out there, and it’s a matter of finding the right ones.
Exactly I 100% agree. I myself would love to have a name as we’ll know as Peat by the time I’m his age except in endocrinology.

Cirion

The problem is the moment you promote "Alternate" methods of healing that go against Big Pharma, Big Medicine, et. al., people call you crazy, a quack, etc etc.

The culture has been so successfully pit against alternative medicine that its next to impossible to convince people that drugs are not the answer.

The other problem is that there is almost a "celebration" of mental illness, a "solidarity" in the community and let me explain.

The moment you mention the possibility of a "cure" to someone with mental illness people will POUNCE on you. A high serotonin-fueled argument will ensue that goes something along these lines "Don't you think I already tried everything yet??? Who are you to preach things you know nothing about, I have Dr.'s who help me and you can't possibly know more than what the current research says". Plus, communities tend to hang you too: "You know nothing, we just want some sympathy from you, not some person who knows nothing claiming there is a cure because there is no cure for mental illness".

It's like they want to wallow in their discomfort. I think it's all the serotonin speaking personally. High serotonin personalities usually tend to be close-minded (Ironic, because a lady I dated claimed "Open mindedness" was one of her top values... She basically said all of the above quotes to me also.

My ex even said "you can't cure ***** (expletive removed) bipolar with hormones". Except, bipolar is literally a disruption of your hormones... You can maybe see one of the reasons why we broke up, lol. I am a factual person, I can't deal with stuff like that :P I was made out to be the bad guy because I actually wanted to help my girlfriend, lol go figure.

Last edited:

Runenight201

The problem is the moment you promote "Alternate" methods of healing that go against Big Pharma, Big Medicine, et. al., people call you crazy, a quack, etc etc.

The culture has been so successfully pit against alternative medicine that its next to impossible to convince people that drugs are not the answer.

The other problem is that there is almost a "celebration" of mental illness, a "solidarity" in the community and let me explain.

The moment you mention the possibility of a "cure" to someone with mental illness people will POUNCE on you. A high serotonin-fueled argument will ensue that goes something along these lines "Don't you think I already tried everything yet??? Who are you to preach things you know nothing about, I have Dr.'s who help me and you can't possibly know more than what the current research says". Plus, communities tend to hang you too: "You know nothing, we just want some sympathy from you, not some person who knows nothing claiming there is a cure because there is no cure for mental illness".

It's like they want to wallow in their discomfort. I think it's all the serotonin speaking personally. High serotonin personalities usually tend to be close-minded (Ironic, because a lady I dated claimed "Open mindedness" was one of her top values... She basically said all of the above quotes to me also.

My ex even said "you can't cure ***** (expletive removed) bipolar with hormones". Except, bipolar is literally a disruption of your hormones... You can maybe see one of the reasons why we broke up, lol. I am a factual person, I can't deal with stuff like that :P I was made out to be the bad guy because I actually wanted to help my girlfriend, lol go figure.

I think some soft reasoning can get people to at least accept some entry level facts, and get them to agree to less controversial topics, so that both parties are content with the conclusions.

For instance, on the topic of mental illness, one could point to the vast amount of literature on gut bacteria and mood, starvation-induced depression, diet and microbiome, inflammation and degenerative disease, etc... and at least get them to agree that dietary inputs can affect psychological states. From there, if they are willing to continue the conversation, than one could delve into more controversial realms, but it’s also important to note what’s achievable and what’s not achievable through dietary and lifestyle interventions.

Someone who is born autistic is very unlikely to make a full recovery, where as someone with aspergers may be able to make serious progress. I think most adult onset mental illness is probably curable or able to be severely attenuated, but things like Down syndrome and other genuine genetic defects to be irreversible. There’s a nifty paper I have in repository where the authors claim that only 5% of modern disease can be attributed to genetics and 95% is essentially a result of inflammation.

I think if people can get in the mindset of using dietary and lifestyle interventions to improve, rather than cure, more people would be open to the idea of including such holistic practices into their current health care landscape. Moving forward I’ll probably use this language, and it’s safer too, because I think many holistic practitioners can get themselves in hot water when they claim to be able to cure everything under the sun, which results in people viewing alternative medicine as quackery.

Cirion

I think even the most serious of cases can at least be attenuated, but yeah, I also think at the very least adult onset diseases (may) be curable. In her case it was adult onset, from excessive cortisol essentially. Ever since then she had continued to run off cortisol - bad quality sleep, night shift job, lots of blue light, almost zero sunlight, bad diet (low calorie AND pufa filled, wheat, whatever she felt like eating - she complained about difficulty of losing weight, and she would frequently eat just one meal a day and sometimes that one meal was not very large), emf filled probably, etc...

OP
Alex Jaramillo

My ex painted me as the bad guy lol except I got a gun pulled on me because of an accident she caused

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom