Why Do I Feel Worse In Warm Weather?

hi all

It seems that the consensus in the peatosphere is that winter can cause depression and warmth with plenty of sunlight can do wonders for health. I tend to feel the opposite. Bright sunny summer days tend to make me feel very ratty and depressed. Do you know of any reason? Could the light be lowering stress hormones? Or perhaps using up fat soluble vitamins. I'm also self-conscious about my body, so perhaps there's an underlying anxiety about being out in bright light in front of everyone?

Anyone experienced anything similar?

Amber

Hey,

I can't stand hot summer days either, they burn me out quickly. What helped me is more salt and more magnesium :)

Constatine

Try avoiding the times when the sun is highest and get out early mornings and late in the day. Where do you live? I think too much blue light is bad for mood. Also sunlight burns through vitamin A.

jitsmonkey

If you are underfueled, hypothyroid, Vit A deficient, salt and or mag deficient you will have a tougher time in the sun/heat.

machavelle

Intense heat (hyperthermia), sunlight at wrong times or too much(radiative damage) and incapabiliy to respond to these stressors (liver condition, Vitamin A, PUFA concentration in tissue, Thyroid and magnesium/salts).

In my experience benefits will come when youre used to it already or at good condition and can sustain multiple hours at large skin surface. (Long lasting good mood, good skin color, "thigtening effect")

Last edited:

yerrag

Maybe you are sensitive to something produced only during warm seasons. Is it also humid, not just warm? Could it be molds?

Xisca

and can sustain multiple hours at large skin surface
It needs 20 mn to replenish vitD, and after this time, the skin starts to destroy vitD.
The right way seem 20mn during middle day, large skin surfface as you say, and the sun has to be over 50º on the horizon. Morning and evening do nothing, but too much exposure at the right moment is counter productive. And as many know about soap being endocrine disruptor, it also disrupts vitamin D intake by the skin.

InChristAlone

The heat tends to cause vasodilation, does that make you feel weak? Does a hot shower do the same? Do you eat liver? I need more liver in the summer.

The sun will lower stress hormones and vasodilate so you will lose your kick. Then if your setpoint is cold, when the weather forces it to rise you might get a serotonin response because the body is uncomfortable and is trying to adapt.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals