Who Here Feels In Great Health At The Moment?

yerrag

No problem. Too much vitamin C can be hard on the kidneys.
It is still a matter of context.

A failing kidney, perhaps.

With normal kidneys, excess Vitamin C leads to it being excreted through the kidneys, in the form of urine. Just as taking excess electrolytes would do to you, except that with Vitamin C, it has the effect of cleaning the kidney, bladder, urinary tract, of bacteria.

But what is too much? The amount of Vitamin C needed varies by condition. A healthy person would need just 1 gram a day. A very, very sick person would need as much as 300 grams a day, and would need IV infusion. Dr. Cathcart has a way of determining a person's daily vitamin C requirements using a Vitamin C Flush test. Conventional medicine, however, is not willing to consider vitamin C supplementation more than 1 gram a day. Anything above that is considered too much.

RobertJM

I look and feel great!

Here's a recent pic:

740.jpg

Lol. You look grrrrrrreeeeeat!

RobertJM

My journey with PUFA restricting and trying to stay on a Peat freindly course started way back in November 2013.

I initially saw undoubted benefits, but only from using Haidut's supplements. Little did i know that I was 'overdoing it'. I was just using up my juice (or 'jing'), and I eventually crashed. Depression, energy issues, elevation of stress hormones and estrogenic/stress symptoms from juicing the tank too much.

Alongside this, I was using way too much refined sugars. People seem to use them liberally here. But I think they are indeed dangerous to the person, when used out of context. The biggest improvement for me was ditching table sugar, honey and even maple syrup (which, btw, has a really decent potassium profile, so I think my adversity to it after a couple of years was probably down to my system just rejecting it when ingesting half a bottle per day) and purchasing frozen fruit instead (which I use 'as and when needed' straight from the freezer to make smoothies/drinks). I ditched comercially sold fruit juices (I honestly think its a deadly long term game to base your sugars each day on these 'convenience' foods with the leeching of BPAs and plastics), and will now only eat fruits instead. I care little about what serotonin that they might contain, I figure anything in its whole form is likely better than acidic fruit juices sold in plastic bottles. So bananas (not too many), oranges and occasional apples.

I also had to drastically reduce milk. I accept that I have a strong adverse craving for it. And this is based on how unpleasant it makes me feel. Bloated and digestively uncomfortable. The acute effects when you sit and observe them, are undeniable in my case. Perhaps I could sip my way through a quart each day of quality unhomogenised Jersey cream milk (something to actually enjoy?) , but gone are the days where I would carry around two or three quarts with me (mostly 1% milk), where I would lace each quart with lots of maple syrup, cocoa and salt (those things made it way more appetising btw, and easier to base 'the meal' on). I did that for three years (trying all milks under the sun), and it brought me further health problems down the line (not improving them). Just using milk in much smaller amounts (just for coffee) seemed to reduce stress to a great degree. Yoghurt is definitely a metabolic poison (even Greek in my case), and cheese I seem to do fine with. So concentrating on eggs and gelatin more with cheese (and my insane addiction to relatively sensible amounts of ketchup) , and just adding a calcium supplement to cover the pups/calcium ratio, is what I do now. I also do the well cooked 'veggies' occasionally now, and it's fun cooking stuff and trying to perfect flavours.

Despite the problems I have picked up, I have definitely improved on a number of other health parameters. And my pulse and temps have definitely improved since 2013. My diet back then in 2013 was a lot of avocados, fruit, nuts (lots and lots of nuts), meats/seafoods, salads, olives and feta cheeses. Not amazingly bad, but high in PUFA, low on calcium & too much bad protein in respect to inflammatory proteins and, at the time, I was definitely sick of being cold and tired all the time. I came to the forum from the ImmortalityInstitute forums (a place where guys pump themselves full of choline and get high on Piracetam, and I was no different ).

Feeling warmer generally certainly improves a load of things, that's for sure.

Hmmm. I could write more but it's 2am now, so time for bed. Night all.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

It is still a matter of context.

A failing kidney, perhaps.

With normal kidneys, excess Vitamin C leads to it being excreted through the kidneys, in the form of urine. Just as taking excess electrolytes would do to you, except that with Vitamin C, it has the effect of cleaning the kidney, bladder, urinary tract, of bacteria.

But what is too much? The amount of Vitamin C needed varies by condition. A healthy person would need just 1 gram a day. A very, very sick person would need as much as 300 grams a day, and would need IV infusion. Dr. Cathcart has a way of determining a person's daily vitamin C requirements using a Vitamin C Flush test. Conventional medicine, however, is not willing to consider vitamin C supplementation more than 1 gram a day. Anything above that is considered too much.
300 grams seems excessive, but I do recall Dr. Linus Pauling showing differences depending on the manner of administration.

DaveFoster

My journey with PUFA restricting and trying to stay on a Peat freindly course started way back in November 2013.

I initially saw undoubted benefits, but only from using Haidut's supplements. Little did i know that I was 'overdoing it'. I was just using up my juice (or 'jing'), and I eventually crashed. Depression, energy issues, elevation of stress hormones and estrogenic/stress symptoms from juicing the tank too much.

Alongside this, I was using way too much refined sugars. People seem to use them liberally here. But I think they are indeed dangerous to the person, when used out of context. The biggest improvement for me was ditching table sugar, honey and even maple syrup (which, btw, has a really decent potassium profile, so I think my adversity to it after a couple of years was probably down to my system just rejecting it when ingesting half a bottle per day) and purchasing frozen fruit instead (which I use 'as and when needed' straight from the freezer to make smoothies/drinks). I ditched comercially sold fruit juices (I honestly think its a deadly long term game to base your sugars each day on these 'convenience' foods with the leeching of BPAs and plastics), and will now only eat fruits instead. I care little about what serotonin that they might contain, I figure anything in its whole form is likely better than acidic fruit juices sold in plastic bottles. So bananas (not too many), oranges and occasional apples.

I also had to drastically reduce milk. I accept that I have a strong adverse craving for it. And this is based on how unpleasant it makes me feel. Bloated and digestively uncomfortable. The acute effects when you sit and observe them, are undeniable in my case. Perhaps I could sip my way through a quart each day of quality unhomogenised Jersey cream milk (something to actually enjoy?) , but gone are the days where I would carry around two or three quarts with me (mostly 1% milk), where I would lace each quart with lots of maple syrup, cocoa and salt (those things made it way more appetising btw, and easier to base 'the meal' on). I did that for three years (trying all milks under the sun), and it brought me further health problems down the line (not improving them). Just using milk in much smaller amounts (just for coffee) seemed to reduce stress to a great degree. Yoghurt is definitely a metabolic poison (even Greek in my case), and cheese I seem to do fine with. So concentrating on eggs and gelatin more with cheese (and my insane addiction to relatively sensible amounts of ketchup) , and just adding a calcium supplement to cover the pups/calcium ratio, is what I do now. I also do the well cooked 'veggies' occasionally now, and it's fun cooking stuff and trying to perfect flavours.

Despite the problems I have picked up, I have definitely improved on a number of other health parameters. And my pulse and temps have definitely improved since 2013. My diet back then in 2013 was a lot of avocados, fruit, nuts (lots and lots of nuts), meats/seafoods, salads, olives and feta cheeses. Not amazingly bad, but high in PUFA, low on calcium & too much bad protein in respect to inflammatory proteins and, at the time, I was definitely sick of being cold and tired all the time. I came to the forum from the ImmortalityInstitute forums (a place where guys pump themselves full of choline and get high on Piracetam, and I was no different ).

Feeling warmer generally certainly improves a load of things, that's for sure.

Hmmm. I could write more but it's 2am now, so time for bed. Night all.
Danny Roddy ran a course of penicillin-derived antibiotics and could then tolerate dairy after previously not tolerating it.

yeggim

Not feeling too good at the moment. Feeling relatively bad right now. Note the word "relatively." As bad as I feel now, it's as good or better than my best days from a year and a half ago.

aquaman

Danny Roddy ran a course of penicillin-derived antibiotics and could then tolerate dairy after previously not tolerating it.

What a ridiculous comment.

The post is incredibly insightful and full of learnings made over years, and you suggest antibiotics to cure milk issues.

I seem to remember a post of yours saying you’re currently taking 1500mg of Thiamine ??

.. there aren’t magic bullets.

Last edited:

churchmouth

Did you aquire some issues while peating?

OP
T
Not feeling too good at the moment. Feeling relatively bad right now. Note the word "relatively." As bad as I feel now, it's as good or better than my best days from a year and a half ago.

Same here. I'm experiencing improvements in general energy and outlook, but aesthetically I seem to be deteriorating. I always used to fall back on the fact that I'm a relatively handsome bloke, no matter how ***t I feel, but now that's slipping away. Makes all the little improvements in health feel so much more precious.

DaveFoster

What a ridiculous comment.

The post is incredibly insightful and full of learnings made over years, and you suggest antibiotics to cure milk issues.

I seem to remember a post of yours saying you’re currently taking 1500mg of Thiamine ??

.. there aren’t magic bullets.
I suggested nothing. Re-read my post.

Ulysses

Same here. I'm experiencing improvements in general energy and outlook, but aesthetically I seem to be deteriorating. I always used to fall back on the fact that I'm a relatively handsome bloke, no matter how ***t I feel, but now that's slipping away. Makes all the little improvements in health feel so much more precious.
How old are you?

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
Nettle Seed

"Nettle Seed is the least known part of Nettles. In Europe, the seed is used as a restorative tonic for old and worn out horses. More than 10 years ago, I discovered Nettle Seed could be used as a kidney trophorestorative-literally a food for the kidneys. I have used the seed tincture to treat over 30 cases of degenerative kidney disease and the results have far exceeded my expectations. A recent study published in the Journal of The American Herbalist Guild [4(2):22-25] confirms my clinical experience, showing that Nettle Seed increases kidney glomerular function and reduces serum creatinine levels. Many herbalists have seen significant benefits from using Nettle Seed tincture in patients with glomerulonephritis, chronic nephritis with degeneration, and to protect the kidneys from nephrotoxic medications."

H&A formulas with Nettle Seed: Kidney Support Compound.
http://www.herbalist-alchemist.com/item/Stinging-Nettle-Seed-NTS--683

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
I think it's the wounded healer phenomena. Sometimes people with health problems learn about health to try to solve their own problems and then end up sharing the information they've gathered with other people.

I find myself in that situation sometimes when coworkers, family or friends complain about health issues especially gut related! I can't help but share what I've learned but not in a bossy way. I just present information I've come across and what they do with that information is up to them. I think its nice when people can help one another out that way. People probably did that a lot more in the past before modern medicine.

I get your point about sick people giving health advice but I think sick people tend to help other sick people out of feelings of camaraderie. Especially on this forum it seems like people like to help others as a way of giving back when they have been helped. It's great. I find most people's input valuable even if it's just in appreciation of their kind gesture of taking time to post a thoughtful reply. I'd be willing to bet many sick people have been helped by other sick people.

This is very beautiful what you said….:):

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
A helpful practice i learned was from a 10th generation amazonian healer, (i know it sounds corny, but its true) its actually a central practice of all shamanic traditions around the world. It goes like this; when you feel physical or emotional pain you give it to the earth (land or water), you just imagine you give the pain to the earth and it leaves you, they say the earth is like a mother, Tierra Madre. It really seems to help, i’m sure there is some scientific quantum gravity reason it works.

One thing i can say is many traditions on the planet use tobacco for healing, i don’t like smoking, but have found nicotine to be very beneficial, it is one of the best nootropics, very good for the brain, really helps social anxiety and over sensitivity to other peoples energy and feelings. It also helps being on the computer more comfortable, greatly helps with focus and courage.

The Nicotine gum and patches all have other additives mixed with them, i like the Nicotine Toothpicks, they are very clean and the toothpick when in the mouth stimulates many meridians on the tongue and also the vagus nerve. Nicotine is very strong start slow, maybe hold the toothpick in your mouth for 30 sec first time, while your comfortable at home. Slowly can build up to 5-10 min per toothpick, 2-4 toothpicks a day.

https://pixotine.com

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/28-proven-health-benefits-nicotine-4-potential-risks/

https://blog.bulletproof.com/13-nootropics-to-unlock-your-true-brain/

Wagner83

@Daniel11 does the earth thing works with mothers in general?

Does the nicotine stops working after continuous use? How long have you been using it?

Ulysses

OP
T
BB

Because I"m 26 and wondering when my own decline will start. Lol

Haha yeah that always crossed my mind over the last few years. It's funny though, my physical appearance can fluctuate massively from week to week. When I started this thread, I was convinced I'd undergone some irreversible transformation, but since then I've made some tweaks, and I look a lot better. My face looks younger and slimmer, and I get a lot less bloating. Although, I've said this before. I'll most probably tip back in the other direction in the next few months for one reason or another.

achillea

BB

Because I"m 26 and wondering when my own decline will start. Lol

I am 67 and feel great Peating.
My friends and acquaintances are falling apart around me and spending much time at the doctor or hospital. My what fun
So my advice is to take care as you age and the latter part of life can be just fine.

Daniel11

Forum Supporter
@Daniel11 does the earth thing works with mothers in general?

Does the nicotine stops working after continuous use? How long have you been using it?

The earth thing is for anyone, i don't find the nicotine looses effect if anything it seems to work better over time, i have been using the pixotine nicotine toothpicks for about a year.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals